Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

VI

It was an interesting and informative, at a basis level, course. The information is easy to understand and the new gained knowledges tend to remain in your memory, due to short and interactive videos.

SD
Aug 6, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the course, Very elaborate and informative course. Things are simplified so much that anybody can understand the basics of nutrition which helps in making the wise food choices.

251 - 275 of 5,238 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By William H

Jun 28, 2016

Each of Dr. Adam's lectures are short but very thorough. The visual aids in video lectures are very simple and effective. This class is the perfect intro to food and health. The material overall is very simplistic, but people wanting to learn about the intricacies of nutrition will find this class establishes a wonderful foundation.

By Triyanuch C

Oct 23, 2020

As said introduction, it's great start for one who don't have any basic understanding on nutrition. Easy to absorb. But if you are looking for deep dive into scientific data and research, this might not fit you. I give it five stars because it is a good start pulling me back to view big picture for me before dig in more.

Thank you.

By Mariadel C P d A

Jun 3, 2020

It was an extraordinary experience for me. I have learned a lot about nutrition, how to read levels, how to eat and prepare healthy meals. Thanks so much for the opportunity to learn something very interesting and helpful. The teacher was excellent sharing her knowledge and made the class understandable and fun. Great teacher Maya.

By Maria C R

Feb 22, 2019

I love the details on the overview of each lesson. I have learnt so many important aspects on nutrition and key for healthy eating! This gives me thinking of looking back on my plate and practice the moderation to have a successful diet!!!

Thank you as well for the extra cooking recipes which are very useful for me. Thank you Maya!

By Ana I p

Aprendí sobre la importancia y beneficios de comer sano. Además de qué tipo de alimentos elegir y cuales evitar. La importancia de saber interpretar las etiquetas de nutricion, la importancia de las porciones que ingerimos, la forma en qué debemos comer para estar saludables, cómo controlar el sobrepeso y obesidad, entre otros.

By Roger G

Apr 17, 2020

Amazing course to learn more about cooking your favorite meals. Highly recommend this class. Maya is a great teacher and she shows you very simple techniques on how to cook meals you think are tough for a beginner. I have learned more about cooking and have become more interested in cooking for my wife. She is going to love it!

By Karan C

Jan 15, 2020

I'm Karan Chudasma from India🇮🇳. I enrolled in this course and I learned a lot from it because before I'm not controlling my bad eating habits but after I watched all the videos and read all the articles I can proudly say that it can help me a lot. Thank you so much standford university and Maya Adam for this wonderful course.

By Alejandra O

Jun 27, 2018

Excellent information provided in understandable terms for everybody. The concepts have lingered with me on everyday decision making, and it helps me with informing my patients who suffer from diabetes and other metabolic diseases. I would definitely recommend this course to everyone, health professionals and public in general.

By Suparna K

Nov 1, 2017

Loved this course! Cleared my misconceptions about frozen meat and I also realised that my family recipes were actually the healthiest kind of meals to eat. I was considering shifting to a high protein diet until I completed Week 2 of this course. The recipes seemed interesting and I'm definitely going to try out all of them.

By Maylyn C

Jun 27, 2017

The course was very informative and easy to understand. I am a beginner with regards to nutrition, thus there were terms that I've never heard of or I have heard of but never understood. However, this course clearly explained terms such as glucose, insulin, etc. I would love to learn more about nutrition taught by Prof. Maya.

By Adriana M

Dec 20, 2016

Very interesting course! ;)

I sincerely recommend it to everyone, who would like to extend the knowledge about healthy eating and how to make wise changes and choices regards to diet. Everything was explained in very simple way and the lecturer has a perfect pronunciation (might be important for non-native speakers, as I am).

By Sharon M

Sep 23, 2020

I believe this course must be part of school curriculum. we learn complex mathematics and century old history but we need to teach our kids how to eat right and stay healthy longer. Thank you Maya. I am hoping to share my knowledge with kids and parents in India and help reverse our diabetes capital of the world status soon!

By Vivien T C Y

Jun 13, 2017

The course material is presented in an easy-to-understand and straightforward manner, which contributes to a smooth learning experience. The course material was also well-selected in the sense that it contained - in my opinion - some of the most practical suggestions and information about basic nutrition. Highly recommended!

By Michele O

Sep 23, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The instructor was engaging and informative. The content was presented in a way that was easy to understand and interesting. I sometimes think a course might be boring, but this one was professionally made and like a fun documentary. Thank you for making this available to the public for free.

By Uyanga

Aug 6, 2020

As someone who knows nothing about eating healthy food, this course was really introductive and can be a good start to healthy food journey. Also, the explanation was really clear and the narrative was totally understandable to non-fluent English speaker like me. Really enjoyed this course and fully recommend to others.

By Usama F

Jul 14, 2020

Glad to have that Course. Very informative and digestible information. I think every student should have done this course. It gives me brief knowledge about health and maintaining a healthy diet.

Thanks to Mam Maya Adams! The way she taught the course was brilliant. I think this course should be necessary for Nutrionist.

By Alyson L P

This was such an interesting and thoughtful course! I really enjoyed how Dr. Mara Adam made the course material so accessible. Also, her conversations with Michael Pollan were incredibly insightful and supportive of the course content. This course has inspired me to continue my self study on food, nutrition, and health.

By Ximena A P L

Jun 10, 2019

It is an amazing course. You learn a lot of the basics important things to have a good guide in how to eat healthier. It also content the explication of "why" it is like that. It is a very undernstandable course and very clear. After this course I just want to continue learning about nutrition. Fascinating and adictive.

By shalaw r q

Sep 20, 2017

I found the course informative and very helpful to anyone beginning to take serious steps in understanding the relation between the food we eat and our health. I have studied nutrition as a subject before, and this was a quick and efficient revision of the basics.

I would like to thank all who helped prepare this course.

By Cleudiane P d A

Jun 30, 2020

Curso extremamente interessante. Eu sinto que o material e os vídeos foram muito fáceis de absorver e entender. Eu certamente recomendaria isso a qualquer pessoa interessada em comida e como isso afeta nossa saúde. Apesar de esperar algumas abordagens mais profundas, o curso é ideal para quem está iniciando nesta área.

By AIDE E P

May 7, 2020

The course was very informative, very explicit explaining different vocabulary. I love the way Doctor Pollan talks about how to to healthy can be fun, and also how to cook at home can help us to congregate the family and spend less money. I will never forget to start shopping form the Perimeter area of the supermarket!

By Aaron H

Jan 25, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, each lesson wasn't to time consuming, but was informative and easy to learn from. I will definitely walk away from this class feeling as though I have learned something, and hope to spread this information with friends and family that are striving to improve their diets and overall health.

By Larisa C

Aug 28, 2017

Прекрасный, очень полезный и познавательный курс. Он просто насыщен информацией, поданой в легкой для ознакомления форме. Отдельные слова благодарности ведущей его Мае Адам. Умная, красивая, современная женщина, успевающая и делать карьеру, и быть прекрасной матерью, как никто подходит для ведения этого курса. Спасибо!

By Sara N

Jun 8, 2020

This was a practical, well-balanced approach to healthy food. The course is easy to work into even a busy schedule and the resources are ones I'll be able to turn to and share with loved ones who are looking to start making better choices when it comes to nutrition. If you're curious about this course, just go for it.

By Luisa M

May 5, 2020

The food we eat gives our bodies the "information" and materials they need to function properly. If we don't get the right information, our metabolic processes suffer and our health declines. With this course I've gain a new set of skill that will equip me to improve the general knowledge of creating healthy habits.