Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

AE
Jun 21, 2018

SD
Aug 6, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the course, Very elaborate and informative course. Things are simplified so much that anybody can understand the basics of nutrition which helps in making the wise food choices.

451 - 475 of 5,597 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Anna Z

Jul 6, 2019

The great course for the one who wants to start eating healthier but doesn't know how. The information is really easy to understand and even I, a person who is not a native English speaker, didn't read the subtitles. I strongly recommend the course to everybody!

By Megan L

Jun 22, 2017

Before beginning this course I felt I had a basic grasp on the principles of nutrition. This course fills in the gaps and provides practical information on how to maintain a healthy, sustainable kitchen (which, in turn, promotes a healthy sustainable lifestyle).

By David B

Jul 3, 2020

The course contains great information about nutrition with useful examples, and also some good recipes. The only item missing would be a conversation about necessary minerals and vitamins. but I guess that would make it a bigger course. So I put 5 stars anyway.

By Fawzia M

Apr 14, 2020

A wonderful experience. Very insightful and informative. Learned so much. This will help me to make necessary changes to my food habits and also for family and friends and the delicious recipes at the end were absolutely inspiring to go and try them out. Thanks

By Diana S

Feb 14, 2020

This course was excellent. The delivery and content were perfect. The instructor was interesting and well knowledgeable. It was a joy to take this course and I suggest everyone take this course because the content is critical for everyone health and longevity.

By Anh T H

Jun 22, 2019

The course is informative and helpful. I would recommend it for those who are interest in their health and diet. The concept introduced is not too complicated to understand. Especially, I fell relaxed and enjoyable with photos and illustrations in every lesson.

By Kevin A A G

Aug 27, 2019

Bastante claro, explicaciones directas concisas y muy entendibles, generación de interés, ayuda a la vida diaria, te capacita para situaciones preventivas de obesidad y a situaciones donde ya se esta en el problema. Felicitaciones y sigamos aprendiendo juntos.

By Luis R H S O

Jun 20, 2018

Its was clear and good, but maybe would be more efficient if their show how to deal exactly with nutritional facts of the food we could found at the supermarket or while doing exercise. In general really work to me to practice English, either speach or writing

By Namig I

Mar 29, 2018

Decent course for beginners. I have read a lot about Nutrition past couple years so it was easy for me. If you already read couple solid articles about food and diet I would suggest to skim through in an hour so. I am indeed excited about the recipes though :)

By Lexie B

Jul 3, 2020

Easy to follow along and straight to the point with great information, especially for beginners. I would love to take a more advanced class from Stanford that delves more into the science of nutrition. Overall, great course and I would recommend to beginners.

By gatiri a

Jun 1, 2020

This course was was taught using simple articulate scenarios. I understood what was taught and I learnt to make some changes in my personal life. I retail some farm produce and I needed this course to understand food and nutrition better. Thank you for this.

By David S P

May 3, 2020

Excelente curso, me siento agradecido con la Universidad de Stanford y la plataforma Coursera por permitirme realizar este curso de forma gratuita. Espero se hagan cursos de nutrición acerca de como es la dieta adecuada en un adulto para engordar. Un abrazo.

By Talitha H

Jan 14, 2020

Fantastic insight in how to make healthier choices for you and your family when it comes to food. The videos were clear and enjoyable with great personalities. Many thanks for giving this opportunity. I loved it and can't wait for the second round of courses.

By Rodrigo L O

Sep 3, 2019

Es un excelente curso introductorio, fácil de entender y con información muy útil y práctica. No requiere conocimientos previos muy específicos por lo que cualquier persona puede sacar provecho de él, sean del área de la salud o no. Lo recomiendo ampliamente.

By Paul E

Feb 9, 2017

Very interesting and worthwhile course, especially for overseas students. English used and speakers are very clear and concise. The content was excellent and opened our eyes to nutrition values and the sneaky psychology of supermarket logistics and planning.

By Dhananjay J C

Sep 8, 2020

A great course for a basic insight into into existing food trends driven by the food industry with an ulterior motive.

The course also has very helpful guidelines on how to inculcate healthier food and eating habits into our lifestyle.

A quick and easy course.

By Megan E O

Feb 25, 2020

this is a wonderful course everyone should take. Being introduced to nutrition and healthy eating in an approachable and easy to understand way makes becoming more healthy seem more achievable and less overwhelming. This is an important subject for everyone.

By Anna H

Feb 7, 2016

Every human being must take this course to be conscious on what they are eating and what they are feeding their children. The lecturer's clear voice and pronunciation will be very easy to understand, especially for those who are not native language speakers.

By PATRICIO F D C

Apr 11, 2020

PARABÉNS PELO CONTEUDO, MUITO ESCLARECEDOR E COM DICAS BASTANTE VALIOSA, PRINCIPALMENTE, NOS DAR UM NOVO OLHAR SOBRE PRODUTOS, INDUSTRIALIZADOS. E COMO É IMPORTANTE COMERMOS VEGETAIS E COZINHAR EM FAMILIA.

MUITO OBRIGADO POR EU FAZER O CURSO.

PATRÍCIO FÁBIO

By Alisha R

Dec 19, 2019

Very informative and easy to follow! I'd consider myself to be a healthy individual but I did learn a lot more from the biological side of maintaining a healthy diet. I would recommend this course to any beginners who would like to improve their lifestyle.

By Filiz Z S

Feb 17, 2021

I LOVED this course. Maya, you and your children are great. I loved them. I even watched cooking vdos with my mother having fun. Please kiss the children for me... I love the recipes and will try them as soon as possible. lots of loves from Turkey, Filiz

By Ekaterina

It was my first course on this platform and it was really amazing. Enjoyed each lessons especially last weeks (on the 1st week the material was a little bit difficult, but extremely useful). All in all, the course is great!!! Thanks to all creators of it!

By Sri V

Jul 14, 2019

I'm hereby to thank Ms.Maya Adam and Mr.Michael Pollen for providing an online course like this to encourage students and other people to know what's food,diet,organic eating etc.Through this basic platform they can understand what to eat and what not to.

By MATHAVAN A

Jun 5, 2017

Basic course which gives guidelines about making good choices in everyday nutrition care. It creates awareness about misleading marketing gimmicks and actual information conveyed in ingredients/nutrition data listed in commercially available food products

By Pablo M D P

I liked the course very much, learnt how to improve my nutrition by choosing wisely and healhier food and components mix and sizing of the plate contents. Found very good advise when going to the supermarket and reading the tags and also cooking tips.