Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

MD

Jul 17, 2022

I just want to say a big thank you to Google for this opportunity. It is really worth it and i recommend every single person out there to step on this evolution of change created by Google. Thank you.

LP

Apr 9, 2022

This course inspired me, before taking this course I have been used some UX Design communities, I have worked in Adobe XD Design. This course explains the right way and UX process. I like this mentor.

6426 - 6450 of 7,372 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Jun 28, 2021

I​ don't like all the suggestions to create online profiles in week 4 of this course. I'm doing this certificate to explore future options and a possible career change but I'm also currently employed. I CANNOT create an online precence that could be seen by my current employer at this time. While the sction has good advice it is not something I could easily do.

By Pat C

Jul 12, 2022

Because I am a user researcher and have been involved in organising several design sprnts a lot of this was stuff I already knew - but the pace of the course is good and I like that the notes back up the videos and that it easy to drop in and out of. I think the next bit will be much more challenging for me and the design bit is what I'm most interested in.

By Maiza S

Jun 18, 2021

G​reat course. Actually the course equips someone who wants to get a career and get employed in UX design. For someone like me who is taking the course to really learn plainly about UX design to create my own projects, I'd like to say, only 75% of the course applies. But if you're looking to start a career in design, this would be a 5star and perfect fit.

By Thu N P

Aug 18, 2021

Overall, the experience was good. I have learnt a lot of interesting knowledge. The last week kind of made me struggle as I started from zero, so it's hard to identify my style, personal branding. I'm also not ready use LinkedIn as a UX designer as I haven't done anything. However, nothing is wasted I guess, these knowledge can be useful in long run.

By Ricardo P

Apr 8, 2021

I am glad that the course focused on what a UX designer does, and all the jobs that are included within the career. looking to other sources, It was difficult to get a clear understanding of what a UX designer is, and why are they important. Now it is clear what I am getting myself into, and I'm excited to continue my pursuit of a career in UX design.

By Franco J

May 23, 2022

Excelente curso, por muchas cosas, el contenido es bien estructurado y sintetizado, además se ajusta al horario de cualquier persona (madres, trabajadoras, emprendedoras, etc)es didáctico! me gustaría mucho más si estuviera en español, pero el ser en English permite entender los términos y definiciones en ese contexto  internacional. Gracias Coursera

By DeeWaterlily

Jul 7, 2021

Four and a half stars. Great course. The first three weeks were the best to me. So much to learn. The fourth week, not my favorite. Thats because some people prefer not to "put themselves out there" so early in their training. I think that the material in week four is important and informative, but it would be better covered later in the training.

By stephan h

Jan 19, 2022

The first parts of the course are verry interessting. Although really basic. But I think it´s a good start. The last parts is all about networking. For me it´s to early to start networking although I haven´t done anything in this field. This was a little bit demotivativ for me. I would prefere this part at the middle or the end of the full course!

By amol s

Sep 23, 2021

Loved the examples, teaching & the break down of all concepts. Few things that I didn't like was week4 where you had to make a portfolio, now I am just beginning with UX I don't have any work to showcase so my portfolio is almost blank(but not for long). Rest I am glad I enrolled for this course and I will be going ahead with the rest of it too.

By Clara D

Jan 6, 2022

It's a good intro course into UX Design that isn't overwhelming for someone coming from a different industry. It's not very technical and more soft skills focused but at the end of the course you get a free 9-month subscription to AdobeXD so I'm assuming more the technical skills necessary for UX design will be gained in further courses.

By Aleksandra

Feb 6, 2022

I​ was convinced the other parts that come up nect, are part of this course, now I am so confused - it was meant to take 3-6 months. And I am done after 4 weeks only with basics, and need to enroll again for another one. Go though the process of the financial aid etc? If that was mean to cost 100 bucks than I am very much disspaointed.

By Magdalia L

May 31, 2022

I was very pleased with how it easy it was to follow along with the videos and reading but I'm surprised at the end of the course review, it mentions that we've started building our portfolio and I'm confused as that was not part of the first course yet, unless I'm misunderstanding, it feels as if I'm missing a part of the course.

By Nikhil B

Oct 19, 2021

T​his course covers a lot of topics of UX design but I was a little confused as to why it would be so heavy on the social media and networking in week 4, without even giving us one case study or design to put in our portfolio. It's like giving us the tools to reach out to people, but without any content to give/get feedback on.

By mrs v

Apr 24, 2021

There were some things that the course did not provide enough information on. I had to supplement what was provided here with additional courses on LinkedIn and other articles, in order to fully learn the material. I found most of the videos to be very informative and rather engaging compared to other online learning platforms.

By Anisa M

May 12, 2022

The course is very good, but too much theory. It would be good if the theory was combined in parallel with the practical part. Also, it would be great if more qualified specialists were available to check our assignments. Because some of us are complete beginners and not everyone will be able to objectively assess our work.

By tony h

Sep 8, 2021

its perfect expect personally from me I would just like occasional feedback from a PROFESSIONAL and not other people trying to learn like myself with zero knowledge the majority of discussions posted are from beginners and many are empty post so I feel that part is not really helping me besides that I'm liking it so far

By Huu L H N

Apr 9, 2021

This course is excellent and I highly recommend it for anyone especially entry- level that has space to really focus and make the most of it. This is not a course that you can skim – the content goes deep and you have to work hard to apply it to real world situations but it's worth it. I m going to taking my second course.

By Rahat B T

Sep 16, 2021

I have a question? And that is I don't know any ux/ui skills now! Isn't it! So this course is saying me to build a portfoilio without any experience in ux! And suggesting me that your portfolio must have a good ux design ! Quite Funny! Thats why 4 STARS ! Other information was to the point and accurate and lot to Learn!

By Mazi N S

Dec 2, 2021

the course was well explanatory and detailed and the instructors are full of experience, am so glad I hit the enroll button my only problem was that we were asked to create a portfolio website for ourselves when I don't have any works to display yet, I mean am totally new to UX design what should be on my site then...

By Sreelatha M

Jun 17, 2022

It was amazing experience. Covered almost everthing what i want. This Certification really helps me to acheive my goal.

Many thanks to one and all who created program it really helps to entry point for new designers—but it can be extremely valuable for experienced designers, too.

Many thanks,

Sree Latha Murali Krishnan.

By Nell Q C

Aug 17, 2022

This is an extremely entry-level course, but it provides a strong base and a good payoff for the amount of effort involved. I think interested UX designers could use this to dip their toe into the water, but should not expect to come away from this course with skills they can market yet. Best to know that going in.

By Andrew N

Dec 12, 2021

Loved the course and I'm having a ton of fun, but I do wish they saved networking and all of that near the end. I don't want to pay for a website and domain while I also have nothing to show for yet, I'm still learning! My portfolio will be empty for the time being unfortunately. Other than that... great course!

By Nikunj R

May 9, 2022

I​ was able to understand the building blocks of UX Design. I liked the interactive assignemts in the courseworks and was able to learn more via these. I wish the instructors or dedsigners incorporated more of these in the coursework. Overall the course is must attend to begin building a solid UX foundation.

By Veronica ( P

Jul 21, 2022

This was a really helpful tutorial because it communicated the fundamentals of UX Design and Research with novice's in mind. I thought the short videos and additional time allocated to the readings were really great, and I enjoyed reading some of the articles embedded throughout the course... THANK YOU!

By Sarah C

Jun 20, 2021

T​he course was an excellent introduction to UX Design. I learned about how to think like a UX designer, the basics, how to transition careers, and how to handle impostor syndrome. There were lots of real practical tips that were applicable to many fields and just to get started within the UX community.