Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

BM

Jun 17, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

FL

May 23, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

1 - 25 of 597 Reviews for Gamification

By Víctor M R

Feb 14, 2019

The course itself is not bad, if you do not have previous knowledge in gamification. It's a good introduction that covers a few important aspects of this relatively new discipline. But you can feel many times that many of the lessons are already out of date (just take a look at the examples the teacher provides) and the situation of the market the teacher describes is gone. There are new issues and new challenges. Another important flaw, from my point of view is that he doesn't delve into the analysis of the examples, which would be much more practical, useful and interesting than trying to cover the course with this kind of pseudo-academic patina.

By Evgeny T

Feb 24, 2019

Good course for starters. But i think it's need to an updated version, due to it's launch date - 2012, there is a lot things happens into gamification subject.

By Anshuman G

Jul 02, 2017

It was an interesting learning session - it gave me a more structured approach to gamification concepts which I can further use in Human Computer Interaction / User Centered Design approach in UX.

By Maryna A

Jul 21, 2019

One of the best courses I've ever had online. The topic of gamification is still new, so this course was the first and the only place where I could find all the necessary information. Every lecture contains a lot of data, so my strong advice is to follow carefully and make notes - you will definitely want ot get back to them. You will find articles, videos and books, advised by professor, if you want to dive deeper into the topic. This was also valuable to me, because there are a lot of books on game design, but you never know which ones are worth reading.

I work at the educational market, and I have already started implementing the principles of the course at my own course programs. I feel this is what I was looking for to make a boost for my business.

By Joshua D L

Dec 07, 2018

I was not able to finish the course but some videos were helpful in terms of explaining this new concept.

By Ahmed E

Jan 28, 2019

VERY INFORMATIVE

By PRADEEP Y I

Jan 31, 2019

It's a great journey full of detailed definition / examples & different layers of the gamification concept pumped with elaborated videos. The course is designed very well & wisely, which is delivering the expected objective seamlessly. As student when I started this course I never thought that Gamification would have such a great impact on human behavior. But know I know I has tremendous powerful tool which can be used anywhere to get the desired output.

I thank you all of them, who put their effort to make this course available for the seekers like me...! A special thank to Mr. Kevin Werbach, Mentors & coursera team.

Pradeep Indalkar

By Goraj J

Jan 31, 2019

One of the best courses I have done.

This course also distinguishes me in a pool of people in selection.

By Roberta F d T

Nov 06, 2018

Amazing. :)

By Matheus G

Nov 11, 2018

Eu amei o curso. Em poucas semanas aprendemos muito sobre gamification. É um ótimo ponto de partida para obter a visão geral do gamification e poder aplicar alguns conceitos. O curso exige compromisso do aluno, as tarefas são legais, mas exigem pouco tempo. Super recomendado. Obrigado Coursera. Obrigado professora!

By Isabella C C S

Jan 06, 2019

It was an awesome course

By Parisha J

Jan 20, 2019

Amazing! I was totally hooked to the course and kept on coming back, especially to hear the instructor's one-liners every now and then. Jokes apart, Kevin Werbach did a fabulous job!

I was intrinsically motivated to do this course all this while and felt elated upon its completion. Thanks a lot everyone who contributed towards creating this course :D

By Gonzalo M

Jan 21, 2019

Enlightening, inspirational and useful in regards to my career in education. A must-do course on the emergent pedagogy in education.

By Akshay S

Jan 12, 2019

Very nice and thorough course with meaningful quizzes and assignments. Only improvement is that it could use a refresh. Many case studies are quite old and I am sure a lot has happened over the last years.

By Gustavo L S

Jan 22, 2019

Ótimo curso! Dinâmico, leve e intrinsecamente motivador. Assistiria novamente sem problemas, tive um grande aprendizado com o professor Werbach, e com certeza o aplicarei em minha vida.

By URMI G

Feb 16, 2019

An absolutely amazing course and the instructor

By Михаил Б

Feb 18, 2019

Великолепный курс, спасибо большое, Кевин.

By Gaurav S

Feb 26, 2019

Learnt a lot from all the lectures and interviews. Thanks Dr Kevin

By Carl W

Mar 05, 2019

Very well structured course. I took it as a part of a project in my job and this course was integral in developing a gamified system.

By JOSE J C F

Mar 03, 2019

I learned about the basic concepts of gamification. The content of the subjects was easy to learn. The examples and exercises facilitate the practice of the theory.

By Nitin P

Feb 21, 2019

Excellent in depth coverage, along with challenging assignments and exams!

By Alexander G

Mar 05, 2019

Great course! Very useful. It's really important that you disuss not only advantages of gamifification but also limits and threats. I wish the course soon would be more up to date. Thanks a lot for this profound and very practical course!

By Nilim P B

Mar 15, 2019

Brilliant coursework

By Sabrina B

Mar 14, 2019

One of the best courses in Gamification up to date. A must do for every Gamification Consultant!

By Euriam

Mar 19, 2019

Excelente e detalhado curso sobre gamificação.

Aborda inclusive aspectos de psicologia.