Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

TR

May 02, 2020

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

51 - 75 of 541 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By BENDEGUE G

Dec 04, 2019

With the advent of globalisation, diplomacy has transformed both in content and nature. Participating in this course has provided greater insight as it relates to the changes in international affairs as a result of globalisation, and how foreign ministries have had to adapt to such changes.

By Jyoti B

Sep 30, 2019

First of all it was really a pleasure to see this course in Coursera. I really liked the way whole course is summed up especially the videos and training materials. It gives you various perspective to look at diplomacy from different angles i.e. from everyday life to international level.

By Muhammad i R

Oct 10, 2019

This course indeed has given me a broad prospect of Diplomacy. But this is for sure whatever the way we define diplomacy, this all I consider it as an Idealistic approach. This must be defined how it reaches to people, what people think about it, how the community reacts over diplomacy.

By Emanuela B

Oct 26, 2016

This was a great course. It provided me with a high level of insight regarding diplomacy that I was eager to learn and know. I never studies anything to do with politics prior to this course, so I am surprised that I was able to follow the curriculum and enjoy it all at the same time.

By Sriram D

Aug 03, 2019

Nicely structured loved the readings that were assigned to the course.I would request the team for slightly longer course maybe a duration of 3-6 months to cover diplomacy in different regions. I would love to be informed if you have such a course. As the diploma is very expensive.

By Hashem K

Apr 23, 2020

I do appreciate your wisely and artfully designed course. I have always felt a real need to understand diplomacy and read more about it, your course gave me the chance to have a wider viewpoint about diplomacy. Many thanks to the University of London and Dr. Rofe for this course!

By Rahul K

Apr 20, 2020

Unanimously, this course makes one search like a journalist for answers, definitions examples and what not. I've read really exemplary answers from peers and their understanding of Diplomacy really sparked a newer approach and created a intricate vision for understanding context.

By Dana C

Apr 19, 2020

The class was concise and focused. The content was thought provoking and engaging. The purpose of the class was clearly accomplished and the activities were very focused so that you could reflect on what you were learning. I would take another class with this professor anyway!!

By MOHCIN B

Dec 29, 2016

I was so delighted to get involved in this course about diplomacy in the modern world , I was able to gain and grasp more knowldege related to different styles of diplomacy and how diplomats should behave to create a kind of peace-building . Thank you so much London University

By thabo k

Apr 12, 2017

Through "Global Diplomacy" I learnt the difference between an ambassador and diplomat, and successful diplomacy and failed diplomacy. I also learnt qualities of a good diplomat and their importance to successful negotiation. This course has deepened my interest in Diplomacy .

By Enrique d M V

Apr 05, 2020

Excellent course. The videos are very enlightening and show various world views and definitions about diplomacy. I recommend the course to anyone who wants to understand a little more about diplomacy and the different worldviews and negotiations that we have. Thank you!

By Jose D O C

Jun 26, 2017

It is an excellent course for those who do not have a deep knowledge in diplomacy but want to learn the basics of the field. The videos in which professors discus the topic through conversations are really interesting and quite easy to understand. highly recommended!!

By Evgeniy B

Mar 15, 2020

Very complete and interesting introduction to the world of Diplomacy. The course encompasses various points of view on what Diplomacy is, its successes and failures, as well as provides crucial readings to gain basic understanding of Diplomacy's role in the World.

By Lin H

May 11, 2019

Very well conceived, easy to understand and reading materials provided are all relevant and interesting. I would highly recommend this cours to people who want to start to study international relations and diplomacy. I would like to continue with advanced courses.

By Rosemary M

I enjoyed the course and particularly found the interaction quite interesting to read their reflections on the course and each unit.

I thank and commend the composers of this course. I've recommended to friends and colleagues to take this up.

Thank you very much!

By Mohamed A

May 29, 2019

Excellent refreshing course for professional diplomats and career diplomats alike that is so easy to follow but also short and sharp. I would recomend for those who also wants to understand the diplomatice circles and functions to at least enrole to this course.

By Candice R

Mar 28, 2019

This has been a very helpful course for me. I now have a clearer understanding of diplomacy in action. The professors and experts' knowledge and experience have made me realise the value of diplomacy in our modern world. I would highly recommend this course.

By Yousef A

Aug 17, 2017

First time for me to try an online course. I was afraid it's gonna be complicated and difficult, but on the contrary of my expectation, it was interesting, enjoyable, and simple. A really great experience.

Thanks to everyone involved in creating this course.

By Alvin M L

Jun 26, 2017

Excellent Course, thoroughly enjoyed the videos and reading material as well as the forums for discussion. The Peer assignment and peer grading platforms are a great way to see what fellow students are doing in the class. This comes highly recommended.

By Kubat K

Mar 01, 2020

The course offered an opportunity to understand the impact of globalization in diplomacy and in facilitating greater use of information and communication technology and better access to information by the public, who want to have a say in diplomacy.

By Sua K

Apr 05, 2017

It isn't too long or serious, but very helpful in creating a broad idea of what diplomacy is. I especially enjoyed getting to view the various thoughts and opinions of other people from different cultures. I definitely recommend taking this course!!

By R.T.Sameera S

Jun 12, 2016

I would like to give you the High Marks .This Course is properly arranged and it includes most of the needed factors student like us specially a student from Sri Lanka ,This is really good.And would like to guaranty this course to my friends.

Macy!!!

By Stephen A

Oct 23, 2017

Interesting course! Offers an understanding of what Diplomacy is all about. I was able to gain enlightenment on what diplomacy entails and how to be a good diplomat. Highly recommended for anyone who is interested in learning more about Diplomacy.

By Kaylah K M

As a Criminal Justice major, this course has helped understand more in terms of diplomacy as I spent 5 weeks learning about diplomacy. It has helped me in making a decision on the choice of what I want to specialize in which is National security.

By Valeria B S

Jul 10, 2016

I loved the approach of the course and the peer review activities. I think that for such a theme, it was fantastic to have multiple experts give their opinions and ideas about the subject at hand. I am looking forward for more courses like this!