Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

R

Oct 09, 2017

Hi, Learn the basic of the English grammar and the rules on writing, which so important to writing. Enjoyed and learn so much that will help overcome fear writing.\n\nThank You, Again\n\nRobert Perea

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

151 - 175 of 2,310 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Tanakorn T

Jan 13, 2019

very clear and consequent lesson for those who have problem with comma, punctuation, conjunction and transition use.

By Bareq J

Dec 12, 2018

useful.

By Elisa G

Apr 12, 2019

Excellent course!

By Nadeem A

Apr 11, 2019

Amazing and simple explanations of grammar and punctuation along with lots of exercises.

By Ren Y

great course

By Chengyu F

Great!

By Kritsine a j

Big thanks.

By Juan M H A

Jul 16, 2018

Really easy and useful. The method that they use to teach English grammar is excellent because they provide enough practice examples.

By Jason

Jul 10, 2018

Excelent

By Zainab E E

Jul 11, 2018

thanks for your great course .It was my 1st course in Coursera ,and it makes me excited for more !I could take the course only in 3 days ! .I'm extremely grateful.thanks again for your impressive effort.

By Madhumeeta M S

Jul 12, 2018

T

By Kausar B

Jul 11, 2018

An amazing course that clarifies the sentence structures.

By Ahmed A

Jul 13, 2018

This course have made me more confident in my writing skill through its brief lessons, exercises, peer-graded assignments, and help to spot my writing weaknesses and mistakes. I'm looking forward to complete the whole specialization.

By Mohamed M

Mar 19, 2016

It's an excellent course, and i enjoyed it.

By Rodrigo R

Apr 02, 2016

NICE!

By 阮建津

Feb 14, 2016

it is a very acedamic lesson

By Camila C D F M

Oct 11, 2015

Learning a so nice and essential language for free at at home... w

By Tian Z

May 24, 2016

The course is very helpful and specific. For me, taking this course is like reviewing some points and getting more detail understandings.

By Tatiane W G S

Mar 17, 2016

Ótimo curso, boa professora.

By SANNTOSH B

Feb 10, 2017

Concise and perfect !!!

By Antonio d O M N

Dec 14, 2015

Amazing course!

By Limala

Nov 01, 2015

This course is very good. It helped me a lot to learn to understand English sentence structure and punctuation. I really loved the course because the teacher doesn't patronize too much and explains quickly and well.

By Ramla B

Jun 03, 2016

very helpful

By Isabella

Dec 31, 2015

It is great!

By Ignacio D

Oct 13, 2015

Very well designed course where theory and practice are perfectly balanced.