Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

R

Oct 09, 2017

Hi, Learn the basic of the English grammar and the rules on writing, which so important to writing. Enjoyed and learn so much that will help overcome fear writing.\n\nThank You, Again\n\nRobert Perea

201 - 225 of 2,334 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Tahmidur R

Feb 17, 2016

Fantastic.

By PIMPHISA L

Nov 19, 2015

Good

By Gunawan A

Mar 06, 2018

An excellent writing course for nan native english speaker.

By Alfonso N C

Sep 07, 2017

A really good course. It shows you the typical problems in essays :)

By Mahnoor B

Mar 01, 2016

Great course for beginners

By Josh D

Dec 16, 2015

The course really helps me review important things in English grammar and punctuation.

By Anisah

Jan 14, 2016

This is a very good course. I have learned so much just from one day of work. The interactive, educational games are motivating. This course makes learning about grammar and punctuation fun.

By Ricardo W

May 23, 2017

I'm truly in love with Coursera for making these invaluable courses available at an affordable cost, Thank you Coursera.

By Hannah Y

May 11, 2016

basic and clear

By Hugo E G L

Feb 01, 2016

Great course and it will be better if were free.

Nevertheless, a great course to improve your English grammar. Great for ELS.

Cheers!

By Dewi C

Feb 15, 2016

great! so helpful to reminds us simple things but also important

By Daniel F B L

Aug 12, 2016

This course was really helpful to improve my English, thanks.

By Luke S

Apr 14, 2016

good

By Dương D

Mar 18, 2016

I love you

By consuelo b

Nov 29, 2015

Excellent help and teaching. Loved the "Language is cake," as this made the information more interesting to review and to understand.

By Mohamad Z A u H

Nov 15, 2017

I learned very important rules in this course

It was very pleasant and helpful

I would advise everyone to follow this course.

And thanks to the trainer.

By Simon C

Jun 28, 2016

A great course that improve my English.

By Abdelrahman D

Oct 25, 2015

Impressive much!

By Janice

Apr 08, 2016

very helpful

By Parwiz H

Nov 03, 2016

I have been learning English since 1999, but this course was the best one that I have ever studied.

By LaCisha I

Jul 04, 2016

!

By Viet T

Sep 07, 2016

I have learned many useful things from this course. Thank you very much.

By Karen P

Dec 21, 2015

Excellent refresher or reminder course! Activities are genuine and realistic with a bit of challenge, unlike some other courses on other websites that provide the answers. Instructor is pleasant, though a bit assuming, at times. Take this course whether you've grown up speaking english or not.