Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course will explore sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We will connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We will examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. We will look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We utilize films and reports by WWF, the Economist Intelligence Unit, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, UN-Habitat, C40 Climate Leadership Group, Arup, Sustainia, the Rockefeller Foundation, and ongoing research projects. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere! The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University is an international centre of excellence on sustainable solutions. The IIIEE is ideally suited to understand and explain the interdisciplinary issues in sustainable cities and greening the economy utilising the diverse disciplinary backgrounds of its international staff. The IIIEE has been researching and teaching on sustainable solutions since the 1990s and it has extensive international networks connecting with a variety of organizations....

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

201 - 225 of 623 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Subramanian P

Mar 7, 2018

This course was very useful for country like india, this course was very interesting and useful for current sinerio.

By JAYARAM M

May 23, 2020

Very useful course for our future sustainability. Very much needed in the present scenario. Thank you for the team.

By Alfonso B P

Jul 30, 2019

My first experience on e-learning and I am really pleased with the course and the quality in contents and teachers.

By Muhammad U A

Dec 9, 2018

A very excellent, easy to navigate course with teaching methodology easy to grasp and concepts easy to understand.

By Paula C A

Sep 2, 2020

The course gives a very good introduction to sustainable city strategies both for government and private entities

By Logan K

Sep 6, 2020

Very engaging and insightful. Thank you to all the professors and people involved in making such a great course!

By Emilio N S

May 3, 2020

Very useful and intersting if you want to make a change in our planet and also if you want to learn how to do it

By Кулаченкова Т В

Feb 12, 2019

Thank you for all this knowlage, all examples, articles and videoes. It was so much interesting and inspiring!!

By Riikka H

Sep 8, 2017

Very interesting course. It is wonderful to learn about all the projects going on around the world. I recommend

By fatima-zohra k

Oct 16, 2016

Amazing class!! thank you I learned so many things about sustainability in cities and it is only the begining!!

By Raiyan

May 12, 2020

I learned lots of things about how we can shape our world by greening the economy and sustainability of cities

By Erick O

Anice course with great experience,,I've acquired more skills ill use to design the cities in my country Kenya

By Al-Imran R I

Apr 28, 2020

Excellent course. Video classes are well designed. Not so difficult. Provides good idea on Sustainable Cities.

By MRIDULA A A

ENJOYED TAKING UP THE COURSE, AND GAINED LOTS OF KNOWLEDGE.

TUTORIAL ON COURSE MAP WOULD HAVE BEEN APPRECIATED

By giorgos t

Nov 4, 2019

Very helpful course. Learned useful information about green economy and ustainability. I highly recommend it.

By Camila F M

May 26, 2016

Great course!! Different type of lecturers and videos of examples of all around the world! I am very pleased!

By Frederike M

May 5, 2017

I think this course was very interesting. It lets me see my city and the surroundings from a new perspective

By ADITI C

Sep 25, 2020

Really very knowledgeable course about sustainable green cities, students should definitely enroll this...

By Lorena P

Feb 15, 2018

This course has excellent material. The videos and readings, included extra readings, are very interesting.

By Pâmela S B

Apr 11, 2017

Really good. Very informative, I study architecture and it was an amazing opportunity do improve my skills.

By Catherine R

Aug 13, 2020

I loved this course. The materials were engaging and stimulating, as well as clear and concise. Thank you!

By Iqramul A

May 14, 2020

I think this course was quite hardy to be given the examples and relating aspects with another countries.

By Josaia U

May 11, 2019

This course opens up our mind to realize reality and how we can work coorperatively to curve our actions.

By GAURAV A K

Jan 29, 2019

Excellent course for the ambitious ones out there who are really concerned about their future generation.

By Paulo J G d O

Dec 10, 2018

Great course, content and structure.

I have learned a lot and got lots of great resources.

Recommend it, 5*