Back to Health Across the Gender Spectrum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Across the Gender Spectrum by Stanford University

This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child. Due to the sensitive nature of the story-based course content, we have chosen not to offer course certificates for this course. Simply put, we feel that the thoughts, ideas and sentiments of these remarkable children and their families... are priceless. We are confident that, like us, you will end up learning more from them than you could ever imagine. Together, we can lay a stronger foundation for all children. Join us as we explore health, across the gender spectrum. Additional note: When submitting answers to quizzes, you may be asked to enter your "full legal name". This feature is primarily for verification purposes for courses that offer a certificate on Coursera, so it does not really apply to this course. We recognize that, for some individuals the name they use does not match the one on their legal documents. Please feel free to enter the name you normally use in these boxes....

PB
May 10, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. My stepson (born a female) is transgender. This course has helped me understand things more and gave me a lot of pointers on how to do things. Thank you so much!

CM

I love how concise and easy to understand the videos were. They all get straight to the point and it was really a mind-blowing experience to learn about the differences and what we can do to support.

301 - 325 of 506 Reviews for Health Across the Gender Spectrum

By Letizia M I

Apr 6, 2020

Very useful! I feel now empowered! I want to teach to others what I learned today

By José A I

Apr 23, 2020

A great course full of positive messages and hopes for the future of our childs.

By Alison P

Dec 23, 2018

Excellent introductory material. Please make more advanced levels on this topic.

By Raquel R C

Aug 28, 2017

It is great guidance though the understanding of Gender, acceptance and empathy.

By Amalia B

Apr 15, 2017

This is a course all education teachers, parents and social workers should take.

By Kevin R

Nov 19, 2020

Excellent course that shows how we should behave regarding the gender spectrum.

By Hiroki K

Oct 9, 2017

It's extremely important things to learn. I recommend this course for everyone.

By Estefanía L C M

Apr 11, 2017

Easy to follow and so tender. We shall understand that all people deserve love.

By María F P H

May 5, 2020

it's an amazing, i learn a lot from it, i highly recommend to take the course

By Alexandra

Jul 3, 2017

a must for every parent and every specialist working with children worldwide

By Rex F

Mar 28, 2021

We done and a very thorough course. Will recommend this to others for sure.

Oct 6, 2017

It is really important theme. I learned about transgender from this course.

By Oksana O

Aug 4, 2017

i'm glad i took this course and learned things everybody should be aware of

By alankrita s

Sep 18, 2017

excellent course which improves all, your knowledge, skills and ATTITUDES

By Manuel O A

Oct 8, 2017

A crear course that change my point of view transgender kids and people.

By Darrell G

Apr 13, 2021

Excellent course, giving added support and additional learned concepts.

By Barış B

Jul 19, 2017

Phenomenal! Very well designed and focuses on a vital issue. Thank you.

By Jessica G

Oct 9, 2017

A very thoughtful, informative, and moving course.

Many thanks, Jessica

By Ruiming Z

Sep 21, 2017

Wonderful course! It gives me a brand new vision when consider gender.

By Lisa S

Nov 22, 2020

I have learnt some wonderful things to implement in my daily routine.

By Saloni J

Nov 29, 2017

a lot of learning and knowledge gainedamazingvideosamazingpraticalway

By Sam K

Jan 3, 2018

This is a great introductory course to supporting gender identities.

By Onyinye A

Jun 11, 2017

everyone should take this course! really eye-opening and accessible.

By asima s

Apr 23, 2021

It is a very good and helpful course. It opened my eyes. Thank you.

By Rebecca A M

Apr 23, 2018

really eye opening and helps to understand the gender spectrum more