Back to Health Across the Gender Spectrum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Across the Gender Spectrum by Stanford University

This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child. Due to the sensitive nature of the story-based course content, we have chosen not to offer course certificates for this course. Simply put, we feel that the thoughts, ideas and sentiments of these remarkable children and their families... are priceless. We are confident that, like us, you will end up learning more from them than you could ever imagine. Together, we can lay a stronger foundation for all children. Join us as we explore health, across the gender spectrum. Additional note: When submitting answers to quizzes, you may be asked to enter your "full legal name". This feature is primarily for verification purposes for courses that offer a certificate on Coursera, so it does not really apply to this course. We recognize that, for some individuals the name they use does not match the one on their legal documents. Please feel free to enter the name you normally use in these boxes....

PB

May 11, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. My stepson (born a female) is transgender. This course has helped me understand things more and gave me a lot of pointers on how to do things. Thank you so much!

CM

I love how concise and easy to understand the videos were. They all get straight to the point and it was really a mind-blowing experience to learn about the differences and what we can do to support.

101 - 125 of 447 Reviews for Health Across the Gender Spectrum

By Adela R

Oct 19, 2017

Great course, would highly recommend it to become better educated about the gender spectrum and have an overall better understanding as to what "transgender" really means, what transgender people go through, and how you can support them to the best of your ability.

By Mariana A M O

Apr 28, 2020

Me gusta mucho, es muy educativo e interesante. Esto puede ser muy necesario para personas y especialmente niñxs trans, también para estudiantes y profesionales de carreras sociales y medicas que tengan que trabajar con menos que necesiten ayude y orientación

By August C

Jun 14, 2018

Very well written and the videos are great. Very in adequation with the reality. You won't learn a lot if you know already about transgender people but the interviews and stories are great and i love the fact that this course focuses on children and youth

By Monica M M

Jun 01, 2020

Agradezco el curso, fue para mi una experiencia maravillosa, bien fundamentado, con suficientes experiencias de personas que viven este cambio. Excelente didáctica. Me ha dado múltiples habilidades pero fundamentalmente abrió mi horizonte y mi mente.

By Susana M

May 03, 2020

Thank you so much for this course. I learned a lot of important things I can start applying in my personal and professional life. I'm happy knowing there's people like you working for the recognition of transgender and gender nonconforming people.

By Phoenix K

Jul 18, 2017

This was a remarkably kind and compassionate course, and as a genderqueer parent of trans kids, with a trans spouse, I felt that this course is vital for our medical professionals to have as a basis for their understanding in how to best treat us.

By Leandro M

May 14, 2020

No solo me encanto el curso, sino que me resultó muy útil, ya que siendo docente suelo encontrarme con muchas situaciones que se describen en los testimonios que brinda el curso. Creo que TODOS los docentes deberían formarse en estas temáticas.

By Adela b j

Mar 16, 2018

Excellent introduction to a gender expansive perspective, which eased my way into the right vocabulary and some mechanisms for acting around children (and adults!!). Thank you for a brilliant course, I've been recommending it to all my friends.

By Eleni A

Jun 04, 2020

I so enjoyed this course, it was informative, interesting, engaging and well-executed. The combination of animations, voice-overs and interviews worked perfectly and provided a sense of lightheartedness when dealing with important issues.

By Ana P W

Jul 27, 2020

Listening to these interviews has helped me understand a bit better how transgender children and people feel. The facts presented may be a bit simplistic, but I think it's a good resource for people who don't know what transgender means.

By Amanda D

Oct 17, 2017

I learned a lot from this class. Although I have always been accepting of Transgender friends and family members, I did not know much about the medical implications. I also learned more about what I can do to support Trans individuals.

By Sonya L

Jul 26, 2017

I think this course should be available to anyone and everyone. The videos are terrific and I would love to use them in my talks on diversity and inclusion. It'd help bring more awareness and also encourage people to take this course.

By Vicki W C

Apr 18, 2017

Great use of time. Great introduction to the Gender Spectrum. Provided a variety of tools to support a transgender child. Recommended for parents, teachers, educational administration and all health care providers serving children.

By María P G

Jul 26, 2020

Excelente curso, realmente de utilidad no sólo en la adquisición de conocimientos teóricos fundamentales con respecto a esta temática, sino que lo más valioso radica en poder conocer las experiencias de los niños y sus familias.

By Redeemer G

Jul 13, 2017

A very informative short course who tackles several aspects in relation to the gender spectrum , health and social care. It provides a scientific feel and mostly a qualitative approach which gives a human aspect to the topic.

By Saadiya Y

Jun 30, 2017

This was really insightful. This course should be thought in every school and more awareness should be done on this subject matter, in order to create a less discriminating society. I will do my best to make this known.

By Jose L C P

Sep 30, 2017

Soy médico con especialidad en pediatría, me ha interesado mucho este tema, pero no es fácil encontrar artículos serios y con rigor científico. Con la Dra. Maya Adam ya tome un curso sobre alimentación, es excelente.

By Paola A

Jun 05, 2020

The course was very enriching, it helped me to better understand the subject, the difference between the sex assigned at birth and gender. Furthermore, I consider it important for me as a future health professional.

By Ajaykumar K

Jun 10, 2017

The first time I have actually been able to complete an online course. Perhaps, the format was very tactful about a sensitive topic. I worried that it might be very theoretical; but am happy that basics are covered

By Emma C

Nov 13, 2017

Really enjoyed taking this course. I think it is such an important course for all people in general to undertake, but especially in the areas such as health and education, as identified in the learning materials.

By Robbie A

May 22, 2017

I have recommended this to so many people as an excellent primer to help people understand gender and how we can support people who are trans, nonbinary, or gender nonconforming to feel supported and cared for.

By AJEESH A U

Aug 07, 2020

I believe this a foundation level course to understand the diversity and the importance of the same, which gives an insight into the importance of making/having inclusive space everywhere we are engaging into.

By Marsha N M

Jun 29, 2020

What a wonderful course to get people thinking and help prepare both physicians, teachers and parents for how to approach these topics as well as properly supporting a transgender person through their journey.

By Jackeline Q

Jan 10, 2019

I love this course so much. It makes me think from another perspective this topic. I learned a lot so far and I am looking forward to apply the knowledge from this course on my personal and professional life.

By Richard M

Apr 21, 2017

So helpful! Really well done. The videos were GREAT and I want to come back and revisit them from time to time. I will also share these with my counselor friends and other educators so they can learn as well.