Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

76 - 100 of 675 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Martino F

Jul 23, 2018

It's perfect if you follow the part 2 course. It's a gentle but firm start to program in python!

By 邓智剑

Jul 22, 2018

Clear and brief illustration of using python as a tool to make video games. Cool!

By Milena I M

Jul 26, 2018

Great way for learning Python, very interesting and practical!

By Yanliu L

Jul 28, 2018

This is my first programming course, a little difficult but those mini projects are so interesting! The attracted me to try my best to finish the course! I felt a huge development of programming skills!

By Gbenga O

Jan 24, 2018

By Afshin N

Jun 15, 2017

Absolutely outstanding

By Virginia B M

Feb 07, 2018

This is more than just a "computer language" class. The student certainly learns quite a lot of the Python language, but the primary emphasis is on solving problems using computers. The fact that the "projects" are games rather than "Hello World!" makes this class much more enjoyable than most introductory computer language courses.

By Paula C

Jan 07, 2018

Classes, and project materials are well done.

By Hugo O C R

Jul 25, 2017

So far as I can tell, this course covers a wide range of basic Python subjects, and brings challenging exercises, which is pretty stimulating and comes in handy considering the amount of things one can learn by doing.

By Yijia X

Oct 05, 2016

its really helpful for beginners! And the games I made I bragged around friends and parents! This is awesome!

By Yang Y

Mar 09, 2016

Very interesting course! I love python because of it!!!!

By Richard N

Dec 28, 2017

Well done!!

By Sergey T

Jun 20, 2018

Absolutely amazing course for those who want to learn Python by creating computer games.

By Raúl G

Feb 15, 2018

This is an amazing course!! It really helps you learn in the environment of really cool teachers. Loved every lecture, including the programming tips.

Also, look for a lot of fun when the teachers play with each other.

And expect a lot of games... and ties!

By JUAN

Aug 03, 2016

Awesome, Codeskulptor is a priceless tool and a great gift to humanity

By Giovanna A S

May 16, 2017

Great course. Really good teaching methode.

By Michael C

Mar 31, 2016

I took this course 3 times as a student, and I absolutely loved it! The lectures are interesting, relevant, and entertaining. I'm grateful to be a CTA/Mentor.

By Juan C G

Apr 22, 2016

Awesome!

By James J P

Apr 05, 2018

I enjoyed this course. It had plenty of relevant projects, that helped guide the learning in a fun framework, and made the material accessible.

By Milton E D

Feb 05, 2018

Great course with easy but plentiful samples and exercises ... try them all therein lies the "learning".

By Filip B

Dec 20, 2017

I cannot really say how good it is for learning Python from scratch because I knew something already, but to me it seems it is just a little bit more difficult than other courses but with great exercises. Examples are really challenging (but not too much) and inspirational.

By Marcel-Jan K

Nov 04, 2016

I've gained great enthusiasm for the language Python from this course. I like the fun the professors put in this course.To make games as a programming assignment is one elements that keeps you going.

I likely will follow part II in the near future.

By Aitken G

Apr 11, 2018

This course is great. I loved the detailed explanations and the constant challenge.

Miniprojects are really fun too, particularly liked the different levels of support, so you serve of all the resources to finish your projects.

By Daren E

May 07, 2017

Great course, fun and interactive

By Шадрин А А

Mar 16, 2017

This is an amazing course. It's both joyful and useful in terms of information and the way it presents. I'm very thankful to Rice's professors and Coursera team for an opportunity to study this course. I'm about to use the knowledge I've got here to pass the exams and enroll in university. Though I still didn't complete the whole course because I have to concentrate on some particular themes for the exam I definitely will continue learning here after exams or even sooner. Can absolutely recommend this course for beginners and for the ones who have some misunderstanding in some particular fundamental topics in programming on python.