Back to Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL) by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll walk through installation steps for installing a text editor, installing MAMP or XAMPP (or equivalent) and creating a MySql Database. You'll learn about single table queries and the basic syntax of the SQL language, as well as database design with multiple tables, foreign keys, and the JOIN operation. Lastly, you'll learn to model many-to-many relationships like those needed to represent users, roles, and courses....

NB
Apr 24, 2020

Great course. The amazing thing about the instructor is that you will find something new and exciting in every course and that's why I loved this course and the remaining courses offered by Dr. Chuck.

AM
Sep 21, 2020

Hello ! I am Physics major student in Myanmar.In my university there is no Programming course.I get this course during COVIDE-19 period and I get many knowledge about SQL Programming language.Thanks.

76 - 100 of 825 Reviews for Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)

By Aaron d

Jan 14, 2020

This course is a great intro into SQL. I came in with no experience with relational databases but now I feel like I have a decent comprehension of them. Excited about it.

By Magnetron M

Jul 20, 2018

Great introduction to SQL. The best thing to do during the course would be to create and test your own work to ensure the concept is fully grasped at the end of each unit.

By Akash A M

Nov 15, 2020

Very good instructor. I liked their style and method. I liked the course content. But instructor was faster than my expectations. I want this course to be of 6 weeks long.

By SERGIO A M M

Dec 4, 2019

Excelente curso, me gustaría en un idioma diferente y con más ejercicios prácticos y de pronto un espacio para interactuar con el profesor en donde se desarrolle en línea

By MOHAMMED I S

Jan 23, 2018

thanks so, much Coursa given the oppotunites very help full mysql and the way of teaching is Amazing Dr. Charles Severance Ph.d sir....once again thanks Coursa and sir

By 43 S G

Mar 6, 2020

just be some more understable to students which are somehow weak in understanding in fluent English vocab of yours please work on it otherwise teaching material is good

By Asad J

Aug 13, 2018

Its an really good overview of SQL. I have ready about Joins statements a lots of time, but forgot. However after taking this course, I have a clear vision about Joins.

By Abdelkarim J

Apr 14, 2020

This course helped me to understand how database works, and more acknowladge about it. In addition, I taught differents SQL quries and the interacions between tables.

By Ahmed O

Apr 4, 2018

It's really a nice course and i would recommend it for any one want to learn SQL, this course will teach you how to design scalable data model in the most proper way.

By shaikh I R A

Oct 7, 2020

pretty nice course and the instructor is awesome he always tried to make things fun and easy to understand, surely recommended if you wanna learn about sql databases

By Alexis V

Dec 17, 2020

the Instructor is good in explaining everything. You will also see to him that his passion is teaching so he explain everything that even a newbie would understand.

By ASHIKH S J B M 2

Dec 17, 2020

Yes it was comfortably explained and the assignments instructions were beginner friendly .

i love the faulty's presentation . It was simple and easy to understand.

By 王桢

Jun 17, 2019

Learn a lot about sql including the basic operations and the reason why relative relation databases exist and how to build simple databases uisng different tools.

By Patryk L

Nov 16, 2018

Charles Severance is a great teacher, it was a pleasure to be a part of that amazing course. It provides confidence doing first steps with SQL. HIGLY RECOMMENDED!

By Hayatullah K

Sep 3, 2020

As a beginner in this field, I didn't find any difficulty understanding and going through the course. The Instructor's way of delivering the knowledge is awsome.

By Prabhat K

Dec 30, 2020

Great course for someone beginning to learn SQL for the first time. For someone attempting to refresh his knowledge on the same, will find it pretty useful too.

By Dian N S

Mar 19, 2020

It's a great course, with great teacher. I am in novice level for programming, yet I enjoy this course very much. Learning about programming become interesting.

By Fahim R

Apr 27, 2020

Very good course especially for the beginners. The most cool part is No use of HTML/PHP or any other language for learning SQL. I highly recommend this course.

By Akash S

Jan 27, 2020

Charles Russell Severance, has a persona which makes it possible to follow through. The contents of Course are easy to understand, Assignments are interesting.

By Patricia L P

Jan 24, 2018

Very good instructor videos, complete note sets. Am taking the rest of the courses in this specialization with this instructor. Very enjoyable and informative.

By sneha s

Jun 9, 2020

The Concepts are clearly explained with relevant examples. This course has great content to understand the primary key and foreign key concepts in specific.

By PRITAM R

Apr 27, 2020

Great experience. Able to do such hands on examples on own helps a lot. Thanks to Professor for his effort to put up such great, enjoyable lecture seasons.

By Dennis

Nov 11, 2020

The course is really beginner friendly and equips you with the sql fundamentals.I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in learning SQL.

By Kasia

Jun 10, 2018

It's just introduction to SQL, so very basic and little amount of material, but I think it's very good introduction, now I feel confident to move forward.

By Vladislav

Feb 20, 2018

Having no programming language background is no problem on this course. Dr. Chuck explanation are very descriptive and accurate. Thanks a lot. Way to go!