Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL
Mar 6, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

EV
Oct 15, 2020

Wonderful course where Craig Wright delves into all eras of classical music and takes you along for the wonderful ride! Craig Wright is one of the best instructors I have come across! Enjoy the ride!

251 - 275 of 851 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Edwin A

Oct 24, 2020

Incredibly well condensed lessons! i took music history in college and the attention to detail in this course surpassed my expectations and i learned a lot more than i did in my college.

By Arthur M

Apr 14, 2016

Exceptional! I learned many new things as expected. And now I want to learn even more. This is the ultimate criterium for a successful course. Kudos to Professor Wright of my alma mater.

By Kelly A

Jul 25, 2020

I greatly enjoyed this course. I have a background in music and I learned a lot. I really enjoyed getting some tools to start to differentiate between different eras of classical music.

By PDescalzo

Nov 25, 2020

I enjoyed every session of this course and felt motivated by professor Craig to keep going until the end of it. My personal objectives have been more than met. Thanks to all the team.

By SONG W

Apr 17, 2018

This course is excellent! The course structure is logical for me with basic knowledge on music, and I did know much more about classical music on both pure music field and theory part.

By Konstantin

Mar 7, 2020

The course engages in classical music listening as well as teach you essential music theory to understand muscial forms and genres. Thank you very much, Prof. Wright and Yale's Team!

By Shehzad A

Nov 6, 2020

I am blessed to have access to this course thank you Mr Craig , God Bless you for enlightening our life , in specific to the ones like me in Under developing countries like Pakistan

By Vivian E D

Aug 29, 2020

An incredibly enjoyable way to learn about one of my favorite subjects! It has greatly enhanced my knowledge of the area and the course content was easy to follow and well laid out!

By NGO P

Sep 30, 2018

I do appreciate very much this course and learned many things. I think this is very good course for everyone, in particular the beginners like me. Thank you very much Prof. Wright.

By Melina F

Jun 6, 2020

An exceptional course with an exceptional instructor. I came into this with no prior music knowledge and am leaving with a profound respect and love for over 1000 years of music.

By Agnieszka K - K

Jun 4, 2020

The course is absolutely brilliant. It developed both my knowledge and my interest in classical music and left me with a feeling I want to know much more! The professor is great!

By Leandro F

Dec 26, 2018

Muy bueno. Completo, de facil comprension. Ademas permite ahondar sobre la aperciacion musical sin inmiscuirse demasiado en la teoria. Lo cual lo hace muy entretenido, llevadero.

By Murray D

Apr 6, 2016

A brilliant, comprehensive and accessible introduction to classical music. The playful, casual tone and myriad audio examples really helped me understand the concepts covered.

By Kirsten H

Jul 28, 2020

I enjoyed learning about the history of classical music and how composers communicate meaning. Professor Craig Wright’s passion for teaching keeps you interested and engaged.

By Tina S

Jul 17, 2020

Thank you Professor Wright! You are an excellent teacher, full of heart, and most patient and inspiring. You have opened up a new world of music enjoyment and learning to me!

By German J M

Jun 21, 2020

Fue absolutamente maravilloso. Lo disfruté desde el primer momento y hasta su final. A parte, el mejor tiempo utilizado en esta terrible época de pandemia. Infinitas gracias.

By Olga E

May 23, 2016

Excellent, highly relevant and not very technical. Just what I need to get to know and understand and appreciate classical music better as a music lover, not music performer.

By David M

Aug 11, 2020

Dr. Craig is the best,

his way of communicating love towards music is very emotional

and, his explanations about music theory and historical events were funny and friendly

By Victor B

Jun 24, 2020

Congratulations It exceed my expectations, I love music and as Aron Copland say it's important no only to enjoy the music but to understand it.

Víctor Béjar

By Bulma E R H

Feb 6, 2020

Este curso es uno de los mejores. El Profesor Craig Wright es muy bueno para enseñar. Todo suena tan interesante si el es quien lo explica. Gracias Coursera por este curso.

By Natalie G V

May 1, 2018

A wonderful and comprehensive introduction to Classical music. Excellently delivered by Professor Craig Wright and his team. A must for anyone interested in classical music

By Aaron J

Aug 8, 2017

I took this course in conjunction with another related course. It was much better than my other course. Good content, keeps the user engaged. Still using what I've learned.

By Rafael S

Nov 8, 2016

Absolutely enjoyed every single moment of the course!. It opened my eyes to new possibilities when listening to well loved music. Highly recommendable!. many thanks indeed.

By JR L

Jun 24, 2020

This course led me to appreciate a genre of music I never thought about before. Professor Wright was a delight to learn about music from. I highly recommend this course.