Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL
Mar 6, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

EV
Oct 15, 2020

Wonderful course where Craig Wright delves into all eras of classical music and takes you along for the wonderful ride! Craig Wright is one of the best instructors I have come across! Enjoy the ride!

376 - 400 of 922 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Rafael G

Apr 11, 2020

Muy valiosa experiencia. Un profesor extraordinario, que lo aprecias más conforme avanza el curso y recursos pedagógicos increíbles.

By Anran W

Mar 22, 2020

The content is great. However, it does take ages to complete this course. 4 hours on modernism and post-modernism is really painful.

By Carlos G M

Jun 23, 2019

An amazing Introductory course (even though I think it is more than that). 100% recommended, wonderful!!! Incredible experience. :D

By Óscar R

Jun 29, 2020

Excellent course! The course contains not just history of classical music, but some history of art, and some music theory as well.

By Eduardo G B

Jun 14, 2020

I´m so satisfied with this course, it was a pleasure to do it.

Thank you so much for share all that knowledge in the way you do it.

By Barbara

Aug 11, 2020

I love it

I am in a choir and can read music somewhat

I am in awe of the extent and varied formats.

Am enjoying immensely

Thank you!!

By Caitlin D

Feb 20, 2020

I really felt like I learned a lot, and can now at least partially understand the differences in the classical music I listen to.

By roger

Jul 24, 2019

Very good introduction course for non-music students. A lot of samples and analysis. Wide range material to cover classical music

By Diana C P M

Jan 10, 2019

This is the best course ever !!! The teacher is great, I really enjoy the classes and it was helpfull for my research. Thanks! :)

By Olga V

Jun 24, 2016

Fantastic course. Thank you for such a great material collection; my time with you was most enjoyable and I have learned a lot.

By Ruiyan Q

May 8, 2016

I enjoy the lessons. The professor gives detailed description with fabulous music. I am totally addicted to classical music now.

By Katja L

Aug 25, 2020

Instructive, engaging, and thoroughly enjoyable. Anyone can benefit from a deeper understanding of classical music and culture!

By Álvaro M E

Aug 28, 2020

Craig Wright deserves all the love he can get, an incredible being with enormous intelligence. I hope I can meet him someday.

By Britta T

Sep 14, 2018

Very in detail, and super interesting. Plus there are recap quizzes for me to test my knowledge.

In general a GREAT course!!!!

By Stacy D

Mar 31, 2018

Really interesting course and I learned a great deal. I've even managed to retain some of it, lol. Baroque music all the way!

By Christina v B

Nov 24, 2020

I loved this course! It gave me a great general overview of the history of classical music from the Middle Ages until today!

By Mohammed A

Feb 12, 2021

Excellent course. Amazing instructor I hope Dr. wright gives more courses I would love to take maybe a pure Opera course.

By Lois S

Aug 24, 2020

Highly engaging and enjoyable. I started the course with a basic knowledge of classical music, and I learned so much more!

By Alina K

Jan 5, 2020

Much better understanding of music of all types!!! Much more pleasure from listening to music! after course!! Thank you!!!

By Lincy W

May 30, 2017

This course is well made and produced, great work and effort done.

Very helpful and resourceful input as well as lecturer.

By Apolinar G

Sep 2, 2020

Superb, addictive, and very entertaining. I could understand the concepts and musical tendencies that I was ignorant of.

By Rosemarie S

Jul 13, 2020

A great course with a fabulous professor. I've learned so much and have been inspired to start to play the piano again.

By Shireen P

Oct 11, 2020

It was WONDERFUL !

I loved how Craig Wright made his presentations!

A whole new world has opened up to me & I thank you!

By Ana G

May 23, 2020

Instructor was amazing, very enthusiastic and engaging. I have definitely learned a lot about classical western music.