Back to Introduction to CSS3

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to CSS3 by University of Michigan

The web today is almost unrecognizable from the early days of white pages with lists of blue links. Now, sites are designed with complex layouts, unique fonts, and customized color schemes. This course will show you the basics of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3). The emphasis will be on learning how to write CSS rules, how to test code, and how to establish good programming habits. When done correctly, the styling of a webpage can take enhance your page. When done incorrectly the result can be worse than no styling at all. To ensure that your sites do not put up barriers for people with cognitive and/or physical disabilities, you will learn how to evaluate pages using the standardized POUR accessibility guidelines. Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to sketch a design for a given HTML page. Using that design they will use CSS to implement the design by adding fonts, colors, and layouts. This is the second course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. Subsequent courses focus on adding interaction with JavaScript and enhancing the styling with responsive design. It will be difficult to complete this course if you do not have access to a laptop or desktop computer for the homework....

MK
Sep 25, 2020

This course is a recommendable for all beginners who are interested in designing and styling their web pages. The whole course is interesting and challenging at the end of the course and I enjoyed it.

NP

Excellent course! Well paced and the course really builds skills in using CSS3! Highly recommend this course to anyone looking to get a good grounding in CSS or who wants to go over the basics again.

76 - 100 of 1,575 Reviews for Introduction to CSS3

By Reshmika S N

Jul 23, 2020

It was a great course! Started from the basics and gave lots of resources and topics to explore further. If you want a great structured course for CSS which starts from the basics and focuses on web accessibility, then this is the course for you. Loved it!

By Han Z

Jul 25, 2019

I really like and appreciate the lecturer Colleen van Lent. She is very excellent. I really like this course which is useful and interesting. I learned a lot and thank you all. If it is possible, I am to write an email to express my appreciation to you.

By Ferdinand C

Apr 28, 2017

Most beginners who have studied CSS usually get scared when they about to start CSS3. They think it is a whole other universe. Maybe it is in practice but with a good course like this and very competent instructors, you will find the journey very exciting.

By Hamza I

Oct 11, 2020

This course will make sure that the student build the strong foundation of CSS. I have taken courses on udemy but this course was far beyond my expectation. The instructor explained each and everything si succinctly that an imbecile will master the CSS.

By Raghav S

It is really one of the most interesting and interactive course online I have ever attended. Professor Pelt is really a great teacher. If you are new to WEB Development, I recommend you to take specialization of Web Development by University of Michigan.

By Franklin D M A

Nov 27, 2019

The second course of this specialization keeps the same method as the previous one. The professor explains well every topic and the coding part (Code together) really helps to code while the professor explains and code along with you. Highly recommended.

By Resnick J F H

Dec 11, 2016

This course is so well explained it's difficult that you don't learn CSS3 easily. Also, the community helps a lot in the forums and the instructor is very professional and wise. I recommend this course 100% to those who are interested in learning CSS3.

By Daniel A C

Jul 22, 2020

Todo el mundo puede aprender a Programar en CSS desde cualquier plataforma. No obstante, este curso de diferencia de los demás por tener en consideración la accesibilidad de todas las personas con discapacidades. El mejor curso que he tomado sin duda!

By Imtiaz F

Dec 31, 2015

Truly a good learning experience and sure learnt alot new things about CSS3 and boosted my confidence in working on it. Looking forward for a new MOOC on advanced concepts of css and many more. Thank you Colleen for the wonderful learning experience.

By Neenu J

Dec 11, 2019

Good course with well designed content, quiz and assignment. Only drawback is that you have to wait for completion until the peer would review your assignment. if you did your work on time, still you are dependent on others for completion of course.

By Pratheek R

Aug 26, 2020

It was an excellent course overall. Learning to style a html was really a overwhelming task to do. The lecture was just perfect with its extra reference materials . With all these things i really enjoyed and learnt a great deal about CSS and html.

Nov 25, 2020

Thank you for the instructor and the staff for making this course. It was a super easy course and the way in which the instructor delivers the information makes it easier to understand. After completing the course, you will not be disappointed.

By Pablo S L

Nov 22, 2015

El curso está muy bien estructurado. Además, brinda unos conocimientos esenciales e mprescindibles para el diseño de páginas web.

Por último me gustaría añadir que la profesora ha amenizado las clases, y sus explicaciones han sido inmejorables.

By Boykica

Jul 26, 2017

The lecturer is awesome, she is so patient and understanding, so she provided us with enough time for individual exploring after having given us additional resources and chances to practice. The staff in the Discussion Board is also great!

By dee-hu

Sep 26, 2019

I really appreciate Colleen spends time explaining how things work, instead of making us feel overwhelmed with a chunk of codes. I'm able to explore more while completely understanding why it works this way. This is really a great course!

By Farhan I

Jul 30, 2020

One of best of its Kind. Good point to start for a beginner and very good teaching methodology.

I feel i now know, where i am heading and what i must be targeting to move forward. A foggy image is getting clearer and clearer day by day.

By K. Y W

Jun 30, 2017

A logical sequel to the HTML5 module taught with patience and clarity. The assignments are well thought out and graduated with increasing difficulty as the course covered more features. Thank you Dr Colleen and Coursera for the course.

By Gerry F

May 4, 2020

This was a great class. I had never done anything with CSS, and I now feel very confident knowing a lot more about CSS. I can't wait to learn more. The teacher was great, made everything very easy to understand, and very encouraging.

By Scott N

Dec 30, 2018

Great videos and reading material, and great instructor. The content is a little more complex than the first course (HTML) in my opinion, and expect to spend a good chunk of time playing with code outside of the lectures/assignments.

By Patricia H

Nov 12, 2015

Excellent course. What isn't covered in the videos is amply covered by the suggested supplementary material. I really like that the instructor repeatedly encourages you to try things and to search out ways of doing things on the web.

By Sergio N

Jul 20, 2020

Excellent course and I recommend it! Collen is a great teacher and motivates you to get the work done. I like the importance she consistently puts on accessibility. This curse gave me the foundations I need to continue learning CSS.

By S.Thuvarakan

May 2, 2020

this course very use full to learn fundamental of css and really helpful to me to develop my web development skills,i learned how to style basic html file in proper way trough this course.this course most valuable for spending time,

By Michael M

Feb 24, 2016

The class took me from knowing absolutely nothing about CSS to feeling very confident in my abilities to style a web page.

I'm looking forward to using what I learned to create my own web site. (after I finish the specialization)

By Lucero O

Sep 15, 2016

A good balance between basic principles and practical applications in quite some detail. Great for those who taught themselves to copy&edit CSS to taste but were missing the underlying structure to really understand and apply it.

By Alyson C

Feb 28, 2016

Great course! Teacher moves at a good pace and doesn't have any crazy hand movements (that drives me crazy!) Material is interesting and the projects are a good way to apply what you've learned. Peer grading is spotty, as always.