Back to IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

PK

Apr 9, 2022

Great course for beginners and experts. Easy to understand and a good refresher for those who have been into IT for a long date. Recommend it to everyone looking for a high quality course on coursera.

DS

Apr 25, 2018

2626 - 2650 of 2,669 Reviews for IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

By Adityaraj

May 22, 2020

practical explanation is required

By David R M

Sep 27, 2020

A good course. I recomend it

By Donald C

Jun 4, 2021

perfect

By Steven

Jan 29, 2022

I​ don't feel like this was adequate at all really. It was a ton of jargon blasted off at a thousand words per minute. I watched all the videos several times, and the questions and quizzes seemed very disconnected and obscure in relation the actual course material. Half the time things that were right answers were wrong, questions worded poorly, and a lot of vague stuff.

I​'m a huge note taker, and I didn't even know what to take notes on or what is supposed to be important information. Half the stuff was never touched on again, and the other half of stuff was touched on all too briefly.

Do I have more knowledge than I did before taking this course? Yes, a bit. However I feel most of what was "taught" (or being spoken at you) in this "course" was very fleeting and ephemeral information.

By Nick R

Feb 1, 2021

I learned a lot, like I have some ideas at what the issues were during course 4 when the tests kept timing out and pumping out "You got this wrong".. when it was right..

It was the backup to that. It wasn't there. I spent some time constantly failing when it wasn't my fault. That hit my spirit HARD.. It took me longer to take this course because I was scared to move forward and hit that road block again. No one responded back to what could have been done, what was done, or will be done.. nothing was ever done or communicated,

So I continued and finished, by my estimations two months behind... and I did pay for that.

By Jeffrey C

Mar 9, 2022

A lot of terminology, but not a lot of understanding. After the first week or two, felt like they were throwing defintion after defintion at me with little breakdown of the fundamentals. Crammed a lot of information into each short video, but didn't do a good job of actually educating. I completed the course, but do not feel anything close to an expert. Basically a cursory overview of the topic. Little acutal hands on experience.

By Randall

Dec 17, 2021

Far better to take Ed Amoroso's courses over at NYU. This is an outdated, rapid-read course that seemed to have little thought other than rattling through a pile of concepts. Little actual teaching.

By Kevin G

Nov 6, 2021

I think that with some graphical guidance the topics could be covered more easily. Maybe some real scenarios and diagrams can help.

By Tewanna P

Dec 11, 2020

More hands on learning should be incorporated in to the courses. Providing a better skill and knowledge base for learning.

By Murtaza M

Dec 23, 2021

It was more theory. It would be better to do some practicle thing that we learned as theory.

By Rath P R H

Jun 13, 2021

Little bit difficult but I still can do it well and passed all of this course.

By Nicholas P

Apr 12, 2021

Good for someone who is a self learner and would like minimal hands on.

By Piyaphong P

May 22, 2020

It was extremely difficult for me to understand.

By Naja M P

Jun 19, 2019

more specification when it comes to assignments

By Jeffrey H

Apr 2, 2018

Better than module 5

By Matthew J L G

Dec 1, 2021

This course is very awful for a couple of reasons. Threat of being locked out of quizzes for day for not getting 80 or above. The course lectures are absolutely awful the information is very redundant and not specific they take 1 year to get to a point. This course is extremely difficult and you will fail quizzes. Not because you're stupid but because this course was poorly made. If you want proof start watching videos and see how many mistakes they have to correct. I am positive alot of these reviewers used google to pass. They also must be fake because it does not take much to realize this is trash.