Back to The hidden value – Lean in manufacturing and services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The hidden value – Lean in manufacturing and services by École des Ponts ParisTech

Lean is a powerful methodology that enables managers and employees to shift their mindset and helps companies to keep their business sustainable by creating competitive advantage. Today, in an increasingly complex and dynamic world, where companies struggle to maintain competitive advantage, Lean is more important than ever. This course combines the experience of many senior experts and practitioners from the Boston Consulting Group and École des Ponts, and brings perspectives on Lean in manufacturing and services. It offers strong topic foundation as well as deep practical insights into the art of continuous improvement. In this course, you will learn: - why Lean is a key driver for sustainable competitive advantage - how different companies can leverage Lean to create value both in manufacturing and services - what it takes to drive a Lean transformation and build a culture of continuous improvement - how new technologies impact traditional lean practices...

DL
Jun 28, 2020

Thanks so much. I think so is a great course. All people tha want to learn and aplícate Lean philosophy must to do this course. Congrats!! In a course can cover the most important topics about Lean

K
Mar 7, 2021

Great course and instructors - very enjoyable and informative. I would love to continue with a part II and am looking forward to applying the discussed tools within the business services dept.

201 - 225 of 228 Reviews for The hidden value – Lean in manufacturing and services

By Alexandra P

Jan 9, 2021

I really loved the lesson. The videos were great, short but to the point, combined with the readings, this is a perfect introduction to Lean. The assignments were as challenging as they should regarding difficulty. The missing star is due to the peer grading system. It is highly problematic. I shall speak based on my personal experience and give two examples: 1. There were two assignments of my peers that were of higher level of mine and I could not offer any constructive feedback for improvement. 2. There was one peer whose assignment did not receive a passing grade from me. I extensivelly explained how he should answer the last two parts of the second week assignment and also offered two examples for each part. Then when I submitted the 3rd week assignment he gave me non passing grades and no constructive feedback. I had no explanation and so I resubmitted the same assignment and the second time it passed with 100% grades. I read the articles at help center, the Code of Conduct, etc. Instead of getting me to report someone (and by the way there is no email address to send the sceenshots and complaints to) why put me in this position at the first place. Install an algorithm that will prevent someone to review your assignment if he didn't get a passing grade from you.

By Mohamed A

Sep 19, 2017

For me it was a very nice course, I really enjoyed it and learned from it.

The missing star is only for the certificate :(, I did all the quiz when I was attending course on-time and they were bit easy, however to pay a $72 for me was too difficult knowing that my monthly income is barely below $275, that means about 26% of my monthly income.

Anyway that is the situation of our economy and thank you anyway for the learning chance you are giving us

By Mellinger N

Apr 25, 2021

The most useful thing was to discover the main tools of lean management, which is something very fashionable but still sometimes rather vague. Nevertheless, I think that from the point of view of the sociology of organizations some criticisms are made about this management method and it would have been interesting to have information on this point.

By Rafael C

Sep 14, 2019

Learn how to deconstruct tasks and distinguish value from waste creation. Learn about tools that can be employed to decrease waste and optimise value creating activities. I would like to have access to sample solutions to the assignments after submitting my own work.

By Gajanan G

Apr 30, 2020

Good course to understand Lean applications in Services as well. Good assignments which forces to apply your mind for creating industry scenarios, identifying wastes, suggesting lean improvements.

By Javier P B

Jan 15, 2018

I'd love that the exams were a little bit harder. Also, just doing self assestment has the problem that there's no real feedback from the mentors

By Mohamed S

Oct 23, 2019

Very perfect and useful in career development to all people who work or interest in manufacturing products and services

By Anusha G

May 12, 2020

the content was good, but the syntax did not match the speaker at times and audio was not understood at times.

By Chinmay S T

Sep 27, 2020

Excellent course to learn lean techniques and how to apply in manufacturing as well as service industry.

By Matthew C

Sep 13, 2018

Very interesting course covering some good content. Regular quizzes to test your understanding

By Mohamed A L

Sep 10, 2019

Great course for beginners in Lean. Some quiz questions need to be reviewed.

By anant r

Jul 23, 2019

Nice and well put out course. Very grateful to team BCG and coursera

By Arun R S J

Jul 2, 2020

Fantastic course, everyone should study this... Thank you...

By Dharshan S

Jun 11, 2020

I have gain more information about lean manufacturing

By Ricardo B

Sep 13, 2019

Buen curso básico introductorio a Lean.

By ADESH B

Jul 22, 2021

Quiz may difficult but nice course ok

By anna t

May 9, 2018

Very focused and clear to follow.

By Sakshi M Y

The course was very well taught.

By Dennis J B S M

Amazing.

By Soeren J

Jul 9, 2017

Dear all,

I would STRONGLY suggest that the course/programme is re-named to:

'Management of Food&Beverage-Products and -Brands'

or

'How to Manage and Market Food&Beverage-Products and -Brands'

The current naming 'Food & Beverage Management' makes one think of a qualification for 'Food & Beverage Manager' in a hotel, restaurant.

This is a VERY SERIOUS issue; some people already asked me if I am trying to qualify as 'F&B Manager', and indeed I am NOT!

Best regards

Soeren Juelsbak

By Ahmad M

Jan 13, 2021

The course is a bit superficial. I believe they should add some basic reading material where they could show with example how to apply the Lean tools. The videos alone are not enough in my opinion.