Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

MC

Oct 29, 2019

I enjoyed this course so much. I learned a lot about how I can become a better learner. This course was very interesting and useful. I have some tools that I can use to optimize my learning potential.

BH

Nov 14, 2015

I found this course to be incredibly helpful. I am 33 and wish that I would have been taught a more efficient way of learning many years ago. There are definitely some great takeaways from this class.

176 - 200 of 13,108 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By Lyudmyla

Feb 02, 2019

Thanks to the teachers for the course. This course has a lot of useful information to improve your learning and achieve personal goals.

By Michelet G

Jan 31, 2019

Very interesting course, wish I could have taken when I was still studying at school ! However it is not the point shown during the videos, I will now try some of the technics mentioned to continue learning in the future !

By Martin S

Feb 01, 2019

Very well planned and really helpful. A lot of useful, practical tips and techniques as well as logical and thorough explanations.

By James R

Feb 01, 2019

This course is full of important and useful information to aid with learning, I have taken away a tonne of practical lessons from this course that are applicable in many aspects of life, not just learning. The instructors are knowledgeable and make the course enjoyable, thanks a lot guys : )

By Maurice E

Feb 01, 2019

This course is very practical and the knowledge gained is balanced by plenty of opportunities to work things out and actually use them. I highly recommend this course for everybody! I've passed on a link to this course to my son, if that tells you anything about the degree to which I believe this course is just plain GREAT!

By Ahmed E

Feb 02, 2019

Amazing course, it made me reaslise how much we suffer learning instead of enjoying. EXTERMLY RECOMMENDED!!

By Ryan D

Feb 03, 2019

This course is something that should be a pre-requisite for all learners. I wish I would have learned some of these key concepts before I entered high school and college!

By Lokesh K

Feb 03, 2019

One of the foundational courses everyone must take before starting their exciting journey on the educational paradise of coursera.

By Nathan P

Feb 03, 2019

Excellent help for learning how to study new and complicated subjects. As a mature student retraining in a technical field this helped me take my haphazard textbook reading and understand my specific learning process. I could then focus and hone my homework and study habits to be much more effective.

By Fabian S

Feb 02, 2019

Everything is great. The lectures, the content, the peer-review essay system. I'm having a good time following this course.

By Maria S

Feb 03, 2019

Thank you very much from all my heart! Very useful course and brilliant teachers! Best-best wishes! Much grateful

By Luke B

Feb 04, 2019

still have to do the honors portion but definitely a great one for anyone

By Knut K B

Very inspiring and educating

By Christophe G

Feb 03, 2019

Fantastic - I want to by the book ;)

By dardim

very very good

By Muhammad T R

The best course ever

By Joshua V H

Feb 02, 2019

Incredible insights, helpful lectures, and simple concepts with (I expect) profound impact on life-long learning. Highly recommended.

By Молодцов Н С

Feb 03, 2019

Очень качественный и увлекательный курс. Каждое короткое видео составлено так, чтобы слушатель вынес максимум информации. Авторы стараются увлечь слушателя и заинтересовать его в получении знаний.

By Nitin P

Jan 21, 2019

This is a very insightful course and we get to learn techniques which can be applied to all aspects of learning. If you are a forever learner, then take this course to be aware of methods that will make you be an efficient learner.

By AMAL K A E

Jan 21, 2019

its help me more than i could ever imagine

By Talha I

Jan 21, 2019

Good

By Shawn

Jan 21, 2019

Fantastic course that provides some extremely useful techniques to ensure that time spent studying and learning is efficient and that the material will stay in memory!

By Omkar R C

Jan 21, 2019

Really Useful Course. Learnt a lot about our brains, how it works and why it behaves a certain way. Also we learnt lot of tips to improve productivity and becoming better learners. I am thankful to coursera and the amazing people who have put up a lot of efforts in making this course.

By Gustavo A C

Jan 22, 2019

Outstanding course!!! Ms Oakley and Dr Sejnowsky made a great effort to provide us the best they could!