Back to Linear Circuits 1: DC Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Linear Circuits 1: DC Analysis by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course explains how to analyze circuits that have direct current (DC) current or voltage sources. A DC source is one that is constant. Circuits with resistors, capacitors, and inductors are covered, both analytically and experimentally. Some practical applications in sensors are demonstrated....

PP

Sep 08, 2020

The course is very helpful to us to understand the DC circit analysis a lot.Thank you to the team.As a faculty,I know the concepts well.So directly went to the quiz part.

MM

Apr 27, 2020

The course is very good for beginners and lab experiments related to sensors are good .Explanation of concepts with real time applications is a good asset of this course

226 - 237 of 237 Reviews for Linear Circuits 1: DC Analysis

By William B

Jun 15, 2020

Before all of the negative stuff, I would like to say that I learned a lot from this course. I just believe that it could have been made a lot more error-free and easier. Here are my complaints:

*There were a ton of errors in the practice problems (both in the questions and the accepted answers).

*Some questions (both in the practice problems and on quizzes) required outside knowledge (other than basic calculus physics, which are supposed to be the only prerequisites).

*Some of the subjects covered need more explanation than what is given in the limited lessons.

Overall, I would not recommend this course to anyone without basic circuit analysis experience and the ability to spend extra time researching to fill in the gaps left by the lessons. I'm sure that there are better courses for beginners (e.x. maybe MIT OpenCourseWare).

By Tejdeep G

Apart from Assignments, this is a good course to learn , There are lot of solved examples through which you can gain much knowledge and better solving capability. The main downside to this course is that , there is no moderation, Many mistakes in the assignments and solutions, Questions in the assignments are not clear, I also observed that within then Assignments questions were asked based on untaught material from the following weeks. For Anyone who want to take/ audit course, It a good course , But I would say limit youself to watching videos and solve the extra examples from solved videos. There are some good question in assignments, But the said thing is that due to lost of mistakes they are not worth spending your time

By Taylor B

Jun 03, 2019

Various issues with the course. practice problems don't always align with the lectures. Copious typos and errors in the problems. Course creators seem very lazy. Completely unsupported. Content was good and helpful for refreshers.

By SURYA T K

Mar 09, 2020

I have rated this course with 2 stars since my experience was not too good with this course.

there are many mistakes in the practice problems please take care of them.

By GANESH P B K

Dec 24, 2018

course structure is good and worth a 5 rating but I am rating it 2 only because the mentors are not active at forum and grader is found faulty at times

By Dr. H B A

May 13, 2020

Assignments are very tough.

By Leonardo M

Oct 25, 2020

While looking up courses on electronic circuits, I came across a comment that called this course "one of the worst MOOCs ever". Since this is a rather popular course and the content seemed pretty comprehensive, I decided to try it myself, and I can safely say that comment wasn't far off. This course was one of the most dreadful experiences I've had on this site. The video lectures are of worse quality than your average Youtube video, with presenters that never appear prepared. Several tests include concepts that haven't been covered (or not included at all), and to top it off, a lot contain grading errors. Since apparently this course has been abandoned for a long time, I see no reason why anyone should even bother taking it at this point. In a rare exception as far as Coursera courses are concerned, the only useful part was the discussion forum. Shout out to Dale Garman, their forum posts were more useful and informative than anything in the modules.

By Dries H

Jun 06, 2020

I've learned a lot during this course, but that would have been more due to youtube and google searches on the topics brought forward in this rather incoherent course... the video lectures are too short for beginners to get a decent grasp of the subject. I am positively sure that the tutors are experts in this field and I can imagine that this works well as a refresher course for engineers but not for someone like me, a control systems technician trying to upskill into the field of drafting. On a positive note, I've had to brush up on my calculus to get through this, which might come in handy further down the track. It took a lot of determination to sit this one through until the end.

By Chandrasekhar A

Oct 05, 2020

The course is very disorganized and disjointed. Plenty of mistakes in the lectures, problem videos, practice questions and even in the quizzes. Many mistakes have been pointed out over 3 years ago. Why haven't Coursera or Gatech done anything about it?

By Astrid C

May 12, 2020

I thought that I would take this course to refresh my mechatronics knowledge, but found it much harder to follow than other coursera courses. The large knowledge jumps between lectures and assignments was discouraging and the forums were unhelpful.

By Kevin K

Feb 23, 2018

Unsupported, I don't recommend this class for those looking to enter the field or brush up on existing skills.

By ALLANKI S K

Apr 08, 2020

questions in assignments are more advanced than lectures