Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

376 - 400 of 1,748 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Adrián A C B

Oct 13, 2018

Wonderful, really its a challenge for me because my english isnt very good, but with calm and dedication everything is possible

By Purnima s

Aug 23, 2020

Thank you sir and coursera to provide me opportunity to join this HR Course to update and enhance my KSA's in this area of HR.

By Oni G F

Jul 30, 2020

This course is an eyeopener and it is very insightful. I learned of different reasons why people work and what motivate them.

By Mihir D

Jul 9, 2020

This course gives basic fundamentals about Human Resource Management. This course helps us to understand various HR functions.

By Noufal A K

Oct 5, 2020

It's so amazing and worthful for my career impact and I learned a lot of new things that I can implement in my organization.

By MOHAMED M P

Jun 24, 2020

The interest in the subject boosted due very nice and live like presentation that some time may not get actual direct classes

By Saleh M A

It is one of the best courses in HR I have learned. It combines both theories and practices through using wonderful methods.

By Jennifer H

Mar 31, 2020

Really enjoyed this course. Prof Budd's course presentation and slides are very clear, easy to understand and even humourous!

By Le T M T

Oct 1, 2019

A great course ever! Thank you so much for providing me and many others the great course for personal and career development.

By Ellen J L

May 1, 2019

Good course for an introduction into HR, I enjoyed learning about the correlations between HR Management and Economic Theory.

By Line K A

Oct 1, 2020

Being new in the field, there many great insights in this course to help me determine whether it is something for me or not.

By Kelly Z

May 7, 2020

Great instruction. Learned valuable information from the course. Peer activities were a great learning experience as well.

By Erik B

Sep 19, 2017

Excellent background on HR and its history. Great Introduction, all though a bit slow at some times. In general - excellent!

By Emily

Mar 23, 2020

Professor Budd does an excellent job teaching the course. I can't recommend him highly enough. I had a great time learning.

By DAVID B

Oct 28, 2020

I found this class packed with information delivered in a well-paced manner. The different perspectives were very helpful.

By Blessing S

Jul 16, 2020

This course was well detailed and explanatory, i kept notes and am sure this will help me in becoming a good HR personnel.

By Nisarga. M

Jul 1, 2020

It was an awesome experience to me... To know the how to manage an organization and employees.. As a manager I had learned

By SANTOSH A M

May 6, 2020

Great. John sir explained everything very well. Good animation also due to that i get easy to clear chapter. Thank you sir

By Mai O

Apr 21, 2020

I liked this course very much I wasn't know any thing about human resources but now I know a lot about it and the managing

By Humma A

Apr 27, 2017

Great Stepping stone for learners wanting to enter the HR field, and also a great refresher course for any HR professional

By NTESILNT L

Feb 19, 2021

Very interesting course! It provides very useful information about human resources management and management strategies.

By RAJES S

Aug 9, 2020

What a significant experience gathered while studying this course. Learnt a lot of new terms and things to move forward.

By Norman S

Jun 23, 2019

Very informational. AS a newby in HR, this has opened new opportunities for learning. I am excited to have a follow thru

By Milda S

Nov 8, 2020

Very good courses. I am very thankful to the University and the Professor and of course to Coursera for an opportunity!

By saman a

Jun 7, 2020

Amazing! At start I was so blank about human resource but then this course help me know the basics.It was very worthful