Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

476 - 500 of 2,043 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Irene

Jun 3, 2019

This course is the best thing that happened to me. I look forward to completing the rest. Thanks prof John Budds

By Sarah N

Nov 8, 2018

I do not have an HR background, and this course was able to provide a solid foundation for learning in this area.

By Christian S

Aug 10, 2020

This was a great gateway into understand Human Resource Management. Excited for the rest of this specialization!

By Aykhan A

Apr 10, 2020

There is a lot of valuable resources about HR

I hope to every person will gain main inforamtions from that course

By Tat K

Feb 1, 2020

It is a very useful course. I would recommend this course if you want to learn about HR even for the first time!

By HAMPOH V A F

Jul 7, 2018

Great Class with amazing instructor. I have learned so much in this 4 weeks . I definitely recommend this class.

By Osebequin G A

Aug 5, 2021

I​T WAS SO WONDERFUL LEARNING PREPARING TO MANAGE HUMAN RESOURCES.EVERYTHING WAS SO SIMPLE AND UNDERSTANDABLE.

By Uddesh D M

Feb 17, 2021

The course is undoubtedly very insightful. The very basic foundation required for an HR manager has been built.

By ZAHRA Z

Sep 29, 2020

In this case, I learn approaches that can behaviour with employees and encourage them to continuing their works

By Aimilia A

Sep 21, 2020

Very interesting. Each person that will chose this module will gain many interesting and important information.

By Crystal R

May 7, 2020

This was great!!! I really enjoyed the material and it opened my eyes to the world of HR and People management!

By Shokoofehsadat H

Apr 30, 2020

Professor John W. Budd is just simply amazing! I will gladly take any other courses which he is the instructor!

By Nadine R U

Apr 7, 2020

Provided me the HR information I never knew about. I enjoyed the course!

Would recommend it for People Mangers.

By Betty O

Jun 28, 2018

Great course that provides you with insight to things you may otherwise not have considered in managing people.

By Massimo Z

Mar 4, 2016

Thank you prof. Budd, I am looking forward to see you againg for Capstone Project.

My best regards,

Massimo Zilio

By Vishal K K

Aug 15, 2021

This course has been great with the quizzes being really interactive and the assignment being quiet innovative

By Hendrita M

Feb 11, 2021

The best experience been my first course online, Thank you for this platform i'm honored to have participated.

By Lana L

Nov 2, 2020

Мне очень понравился курс.

Но иногда у меня возникали вопросы. но я курсом очень довольна.

Большое вам спасибо.

By Glulia

I love this course, the professor was brilliant, friendly but most important for me clear! Thank you very much

By Alise T

Oct 13, 2020

Thank you much for incredible course!This information is going to be very useful for me as future HR manager.

By Viviana M

Mar 27, 2016

I totally recommend this course for an introduction to HR. The professor makes each session very interesting.

By Anastasia S

Nov 20, 2021

I really enjoyed this course and I am happy to discover a lot of new things in HR! Recommend it to everyone.

By Joshua A

Sep 8, 2021

e​xciting learning perspective on HR..........excited to have enrolled on this Specialization...............

By Noyon M

Jul 2, 2021

i​t was my first taken course in online that encourage me to find more .thanks for make a such great course.

By Nikhil K

Jun 11, 2021

The course gives a new perspective. Good for those people who have to manage people and are new to the role.