Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH

Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

676 - 700 of 2,365 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Ahmed E

Oct 13, 2020

it is a very good introduction for beginners .thank you Coursera and Minnesota university.

By Renata A K

Aug 16, 2020

Excelente curso, idéias e estratégias que são diferenciais no dia a dia do nosso trabalho.

By Gizem Ö

Aug 10, 2020

That was an awesome course with awesome teacher ! I learn many things about HR management

By Teshome

May 2, 2020

IT IS INTERESTING AND I LEARNED A LOT NEW THINGS. THANK YOU COURSERA AND PROFESSOR JOHN.W

By Tiffany G

Mar 23, 2018

Course was thorough, easy to understand, and provided co-cohesive thought provoking tasks.

By Carl J

Jun 5, 2017

Easy to follow and informative, it has given me a good foundation from which to work from.

By Virel E

Aug 9, 2022

The lectures are complex but easy to understand. Thanks to the instructor Prof. John Budd

By Katarzyna W

Jul 31, 2022

I enjoyed the course and learned a lot of useful information to use in my working place.

By chidiebere n

Apr 16, 2022

Amazing experience learning at my own pace. Now I have a different orientation about HR.

By Ladyluck R

Oct 31, 2021

I have learned many things that would help me understand and mange my employees properly.

By Prachi S

Feb 11, 2021

This course carry the deepest knowledge regarding managing people and becoming hr person!

By Lorelyn D

Nov 20, 2020

Sir John W. Budd is able to teach his students the valuable lessons towards HR High Road!

By Claudio C

Nov 16, 2020

I really like it and understood all the arguments. I enjoyed the Professor Budd lessons!!

By Mohamed J V

Jul 23, 2020

Excellent Course content... Knowledge driven experience. Thanks for all faculty members..

By Md. K

Jul 4, 2020

I am really excited to complete this course. I really enjoyed this & learn something new.

By sangram d

Jun 1, 2020

This course is very useful. I have learnt much. It’s most essential for HR Professionals.

By Muhammad A

Amazing Learning Experience. I am really feeling sad , i want to keep learning from you.

By Arshi K

Aug 2, 2019

This is an awesome course that is full of learning. It involves active participation too.

By kamran a

Jun 27, 2017

An awsum learning in such a good way I totally appreciated I loved it ... thank you team.

By Cristiano M

Sep 28, 2021

Great teacher. I learned a lot about HR thanks to his clear explanations and fun slides.

By Kertashar R

Jul 5, 2021

Excellent course. Covers a lot about HRM. I think it is a good foundation for beginners.

By Bhanu P

Aug 28, 2020

great course for making foundations of Human Resource System for HR and non HR functions

By Soteris E

Jul 9, 2017

it is a very insightful first look at HR management techniques, history and current laws

By Mouhameth M

Jan 8, 2023

I found this course hyper interesting in my career as an employee as well as a manager.

By Itamah R

Jun 27, 2022

i love the course. i was expose to so many new knowledge as regards people management.