Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

326 - 350 of 1,284 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Mohammed E A

Mar 23, 2020

It is an excellent course , really i enjoy it. I would recommend it for all even if u are not working in HR.

By Virginia L C

May 27, 2017

Very comprehensive and engaging. Great examples were cited as well as activities with learner participation.

By Alexandra D

Mar 07, 2016

Great course, well crafted and full of some wonderful information. I have recommended it for my co-workers.

By Jose R L R

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks, professor. It was very informative and at the same time, you made it easy to follow and understand.

By Utkarsh S

Aug 07, 2019

An absolute masterclass. John Sir is a genius. An amazing introduction to Human Resource Management for me.

By Michaela P

Dec 11, 2017

Great course! I've learned a lot of new and interesting information about how to succesfully manage people.

By Thomas D V

Apr 05, 2020

I really liked the instructor and I liked the way they presented the information. I recommend this course.

By Sheryl G P

Dec 19, 2019

I love this course since it gives you the mindset how you can embrace business and people in the business.

By Danilo V

May 06, 2018

a very good picture of HR, showing the basic dynamics and process, and different points of view. Thank you

By Rajni A

Apr 30, 2018

I strongly recommend this course. Very good explanations by giving examples and videos so fully explained.

By Shruthi K

Nov 14, 2016

This was a great course with enough materials to study and the additional resources were very helpful too!

By Belinda D

Jul 17, 2020

This is very educative. It has helped me gain a lot of new ideas and skills in human resource. Try it too

By Kerolos A A

Jul 17, 2020

Awesome

Nowdays, here most of the human going to be selfish and just want to make money not social values

By shalini m

May 07, 2020

Great way of taking a course while providing sufficient quizzes, reading and hands on with the assignment

By Falade A E

Nov 27, 2019

It has been insightful so far. I am getting to know the importance of Human Resource in any Organisation.

Feb 06, 2018

Very helpful to a HR new bee! I really appreciate all the efforts of professors from University Minnesoda

By Tan Y Y

Dec 10, 2017

It is practical and systematic. It helps me to reflect how do I manage people and how am I being managed.

By AMBER R

Jun 29, 2017

I have learned so much throughout this course! It is well organized and Prof. Budd is a great presenter!

By Khaled M F

Mar 10, 2020

I learned a lot from this course so I wanted to thank courser and professor John for this amazing course

By Ayooluwabami O

Nov 12, 2019

I really found it to be very insightful, and i am looking forward to learning more about the world of hr

By Juliette Z

Apr 22, 2019

Professor John W. Budd taught very well. He made the courses very interesting and learned something new.

By rahul c

Jul 22, 2020

WONDERFUL COURSE......REALLY HE IS VERY GOOD PROFESSOR AND GREAT TEACHER ..... AND WONDERFUL COURSE

By satria s

Jul 10, 2020

Instructor seemed to make it easier for me to understand the material. And thank you for financial aid.

By alekhya p

Jun 17, 2020

it was veryfull for me to understand different managerial strategies and importances of human resource.

By Alexey G

Oct 17, 2018

Excellent course, that gave me a lot of different knowledge.

Thank you so much Professor John W. Budd!!!