Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

351 - 375 of 1,264 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Caroline B

Feb 27, 2018

Professor Budd was very personable and made the content easily digestible and relatable. Great course!

By Bojan M

Oct 24, 2016

Great introduction to HR policies and managerial styles. Course that every HR specialist should take.

By David j R M

Jul 31, 2020

excellent course, includes a lot of important information that indicates the high impact that HR has

By Mamta K

Jun 03, 2020

valuable insights to understand the HR in a better way to manage people to meet organizational goals

By Jeanette

Apr 20, 2020

Useful and detailed information provided regarding the subject. Taught in a fun and interesting way.

By Yuly A R R

Mar 26, 2018

I'm so thankful I'm takin this specialization, I've learned a lot about HR. I highly recommended it.

By Sachini D

Jul 17, 2020

very helpful course. Thank you very much for this opportunity coursera and university of Minnesota.

By Ragini k S

Jul 07, 2020

thank you so much for this wonderful course , it will definitely helpful for me in future projects.

By karrar k a

Apr 08, 2020

It was a great course and I got really a lots of knowledge especially in onbording new employees .

By Paul M

Jul 28, 2020

I enjoyed this course very much. I found the information to be relevant and up to date. Thank you.

By Nan L

Mar 14, 2018

The course is well organized. The quality of videos was great. A good start for the course series.

By Nishant M

May 12, 2017

Very detailed course structure and helpful in dealing with real life Human Resource Challenges! :)

By Colleen L Y

Sep 11, 2016

I am new to HR and found this course informative and an excellent foundation for further learning.

By Charoo D

May 07, 2020

Great course , lot of learning on basic HR strategy / employment and labor laws. Time well spent.

By Aahana B

Jun 10, 2019

This course is well designed, I am happy to found this course on coursera.

thank you to Prof. Bud.

By Gene W

Apr 11, 2019

I appreciate Coursera and this course. I am learning so much. The instructor, John Budd is great.

By Ravi K

Mar 04, 2016

I appreciate the way course is designed to handle the HR challenges an gives a broader picture on

By A K M S B N

Jul 20, 2020

I have learned many things, how to mange in the right time and right decision in every sector.

By VIJAYSHREE A

Jun 20, 2020

So enjoyed this course really learned so many things. I don't have suggestions for it.

Thank you.

By Simon B N

May 13, 2020

The course provided me with a theoretical rigour and good practice. This is a confidence booster

By Chinwendu E

Apr 18, 2020

This is the best place to study, so self explanatory and easy to grab with loads of information.

By Enzo L R

Amazing course!!! Professor Budd besides being a great professor is an excellent communicator!!

By Deanna W

Sep 22, 2018

This call was very informative and covered a lot of material that will be useful in the future!

By Jawad B

Apr 12, 2018

Great insight, I was looking for learning about people management but this course helped a lot.

By Frederique L

Jul 27, 2020

Learned a lot from this course. From the basics of HR to the different approaches and visions.