Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH

Sep 01, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

51 - 75 of 1,497 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Sandra V P

Oct 30, 2019

Sandra Viviana Paiz Argentina

Es un curso de mucha importancia, que brinda una excelente preparación y despierta un gran interés para seguir incursionando en nuevas experiencias. Hubo mucho respeto entre compañeros, sus opiniones fueron muy valiosas, para poder llegar al final. Me siento muy feliz y agradecida a Coursera por haberme dado esta posibilidad.

By Anton M

Nov 02, 2018

Great material. Detailed videos. The tests and reading really reflect on the materials given to us thru out the lessons. And the peer graded assignments felt great because there are actual others that are also interested in the same activities as this course and helped me understand more about their views as much as a more in dept understanding of mine.

By Daniel R

Jun 06, 2020

I thought this was a very informative, well-organized and useful course. I liked the way outside learning options were suggested as well. As a newbie to HR and Business in general, this was a perfect starting place for me. I was able to get the lay of the land and start to think about how my own experience could transfer into this realm.

By KAMMARI P

Jul 28, 2020

I've learnt many new skills from this course

1.Understanding alternative approaches to managing human resources and appreciating the diversity of factors that motivate workers.

2.Applying best practices for hiring and rewarding employees, and for managing employee performance

3. Avoiding key mistakes in (mis)managing human resources

By Donna M C

Sep 03, 2017

This course provide a comprehensive introductory overview on the basics of HRM. I very informative and started to apply the lessons learned right away. As a non-HR manager the course helped to be better understand the driving principals of HR and various theories upon which the discipline is built. I highly recommend this course.

By Suman B

Aug 03, 2017

Loved the course. It kept me engaged every week with so many things to take away. Highly informative and interactive. The practice quiz and the peer assignment was one of my favorite thing about this course. Helped to understand better. Thanks again sir. It was great. Looking forward to the other courses. cannot wait to enroll.

By Joyce C T

Jun 27, 2020

Me encanto el curso, muy detallada la información, muy buena la didáctica del profesor John Budd, excelente los consejos prácticos y los casos de testimonios de profesionales del área. Sus explicaciones te invitan a reflexionar y hacer lo correcto al gestionar los HR. Muchas gracias por sus enseñanzas profesor John! Un abrazo!

By Kelemedi K L

May 28, 2017

This is a course that will take you to the next level in the area of managing human resourse. You will be so glad to have done this course like me. It gave me a sence of complition understanding what MHR is all about. I can now boldly manage others well, undertanding worker's needs and how to help them work as great employees.

By SOWMYA M R

Jul 27, 2020

Excellent and very insightful course .Strtuctred very thoughtfully for freshers & experienced professional too. The university with Prof. John W.Budd has done a awesome team work !!!! Hats off for the indepth knowledge Professor and his love /affection towards the community of HR Professional is really admiring. Thank you ,

By Obi G J

Jul 01, 2020

The Professor in-charge of this course blended perfectly, in a summary pattern, all aspects of Human Resource Management. Basically, I learnt that a great business is nothing without highly managed humans and vis-versa. It was a revealing session, I must say, all throughout the course. I'm happy to be part of this journey.

By KHAREN L V A

Mar 21, 2018

You won't regret investing your time in preparing to manage human resources (even if you are already in senior post in HR field). It is very helpful and informative. I really appreciate Mr. John Budd, it was a very good, interactive, reflective class. The assignments and projects are challenging and everyone can relate.

By Sourav G

Jun 24, 2020

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, Learnt a lot about HR strategies, all the modules are very helpful. John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos which makes the learning more interesting.

By Hayley K

Jun 11, 2020

Top notch learning experience with super in-depth videos on HR management... really liked the professor and his easy to follow style. I learned so much and am grateful to start my HR journey here at Coursera with University of Minnesota! Can’t wait to get stuck into the next course in this specialization.

By Felis H

Mar 10, 2020

This is absolutely a great and useful course,I learn so much from this course, and it did guide you the right way of thinking and managing situation and courses are so fun, it is not only about the academic lessons but also with experience sharing from the experts from HR filed.I would recommend it.

By Abraham M R

Jul 27, 2020

I am really confident to offer a 5 star credit to the ongoing course - you know, I have always believed that the fame of any educational institution is prompted by her lecturers so to say. In other words I want to say that I am proud of my lecturer, he is actually proving professionally equipped.

By ADEWARA B O

Feb 08, 2018

Indeed, this is an interesting programme and I must confess that I really enjoy my time in studying these courses.

I want to thank you so much the Management of this Institution for this great opportunity to be part of this programme. Again, thank you and I want to say that Coursera is the best!

By Haminat A

Sep 13, 2020

Our lecture is amazing and outstanding. Thank you Professor John W. Budd for bringing both practical and theory to the class (numerous interviews with different HR managers in different fields and organization). The lessons are comprehensive and well delivered. Thanks to all the team members.

By Mari L

Oct 02, 2020

I liked the lecturer, videos were very nice, funny, with nice graphics and easy to follow and understand. It's definitely worth to take the course to get an overview of HR and how to manage people although most of that was familiar to me, but still good to think about it and a good reminder.

By Bea S V

Sep 13, 2020

Professor bud presented the lessons in a structured and creative fashion. He was also able to cover all the basics and use real life application for the concepts and theories he discussed. Overall, this course is perfect for beginners like myself who wish to start a career in HR management.

By Emmanuel H S

Sep 08, 2020

Absolute wonderful course that covers basic aspects of HRM in a brief but inclusive way and touches all aspects of key HRM principles. The interviews were especially helpful and full of good advice. The lecturer was very lively and engaging, It was fun to do this course. Wonderful job there!

By kehinde O

Aug 18, 2020

This course is extremely wonderful, the lecturer is very professional and knows how to get the job done. I really appreciate the lecturer, he has helped me to understand this course very well and how to use it in my day to day affairs. Most of all he has helped me to become a people manager.

By Andy Y

Aug 02, 2017

I have worked in HR technology for the last 4 years and found this course to be really helpful in understanding the challenges and opportunities around HR. I'm able to apply what I learned in this course to better understand HR professionals and what their day-to-day responsibilities are.

By Meenakshi T

Jul 07, 2019

This course has helped me in various forms. I would like to thank professor Budd and Coursera for giving us so much of knowledge with seamless efforts. I would recommend this course to all those who are aiming to have a career in HR or want to have the right knowledge about this domain.

By ABED A K

Nov 07, 2019

It had given me clear guidance of how and different styles of leader ship, and many aspects. Almost 80 % of the portions that I learned are very new to me and helped to gain vast practical knowledge.Thanks to all who made me get reached to this course get reached and get completed.

By eloi b

Sep 23, 2020

This course has a comprehensive explanation on what is Industrial Relations is all about and the studying all aspects of why people work. It helps me to better understand my role as an HR Specialist and how I will add value to the most important asset of the company--- the people.