Back to Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Successfully marketing brands today requires a well-balanced blend of art and science. This course introduces students to the science of web analytics while casting a keen eye toward the artful use of numbers found in the digital space. The goal is to provide the foundation needed to apply data analytics to real-world challenges marketers confront daily. Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Theory is the first in a two-part series of complementary courses and focuses on the background information and frameworks analysts need to be successful in today's digital business world. You will be able to: - Identify the web analytic tool right for your specific needs - Understand valid and reliable ways to collect, analyze, and visualize data from the web - Utilize data in decision making for agencies, organizations, or clients This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

VB
Apr 16, 2018

Well, this is great course since I did it online, but the material well covered and the lecturer give clear and interesting material through video. I will take another course after this. Thank you.

OA
Feb 29, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. I liked the professor's teaching style as well as the materials the course provided. All the knowledge I've got from the course helps me when I do research online.

51 - 75 of 1,090 Reviews for Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory

By José R H P

Mar 11, 2019

It was a step back after the excellent Marketing in a Digital World. It felt slower and a lot of thing presented her are your standard “Digital Marketing Tips” you could find in any blog.

By Mayara

Feb 13, 2017

Material is outdated and course assignments failed to challenge thinking and encourage critical engagement with the content provided.

By Sanika J

Apr 27, 2020

Course material is very outdated. Very little practical application in terms of tools usage.

By Saskia S

Jun 4, 2020

The course was very theory-heavy. More real-world examples and case studies would have been helpful. The course mentions a few analytics tools but never shows them in practice, how they work and how the data can be analysed in a way which helps a marketer. The lecturer is also not very exciting and all the content is reference to one other source. It would have been more beneficial to just read that source's work. There are also not many people taking the course so you have to wait to do the peer assessments and this hinders your own progress. I have taken other courses from this university which I have enjoyed, but would. not recommend this one.

By Sepehr M B

Mar 24, 2020

I can't believe I'm listening to content that has a reference in 2004!

it is 2020 and I fell for this course; such a waste of time.

there is some points to be taken from this course but not for professionals; maybe for juniors in college.

By Ruben B

Apr 22, 2020

Content is rather poor and the quoted material desperately needs an update as it is almost 7 years old

By Luis A F L

Mar 17, 2016

Hated the course and the content. I truly regret investing my money on this course.

By Carl z

Dec 1, 2016

Does not include latest developments in this industry

By Maria

Feb 12, 2016

Very boring presentation of the material

By Arpit J

Oct 16, 2017

Not very useful course

By Marcelo A

Oct 2, 2017

This course has helped my a lot with insights about the Data collection and analysis. How the data is a sensitive information that has to be worked so there would be no mistakes in using it and no bias in the analysis. The courses also explained very technically the cicles of a consumer in pondering which product/service to choose and how can the marketers work on each stage to induce the consumer to buy their product.

We also studied subjects behind the gathering of data, such as the privacy matter and how fair should it be done so there is benefits for both the company and the consumers.

It was a very good course with very new content to me. I'm enjoying this specialization and learning a lot of new things.

Thanks coursera and University of Illinois for this opportunity.

By Afrina J

Nov 1, 2021

I really love this course! I don't really have much knowledge about digital marketing and this is my 2nd course in this specialization course which really helps me to understand more about digital marketing. As we know when people talk about digital marketing, they always talk about Google Analytics, Content Creation and Social Media Marketing but this course is just something else. It teaches you the in-depth of digital marketing and it is something that I am so into. Due to my busy working life, it took me weeks to complete this course but I am glad that I passed this course and most importantly, finished this course. Thank you for the support and the effort in creating this course! Thank you so much!

By shannon h

Oct 24, 2020

This course was packed full of useful information. I would love to work with this instructor on a data analytics team! He is obviously brilliant and enthusiastic about data analytics.

My only challenge with this course was following the lecture - it seemed very ad-lib which made it a challenge to take cohesive notes to efficiently describe the content. I have created video lectures such as these for other educators and find it is best to just offer a theory with supporting bullet points then finish up each section/ lesson with an anecdote or example.

In any event - I have saved all of the module notes for future reference and found the content to be right in line with what I was looking for.

By Zainab A

Aug 15, 2016

Highly recommend. A clear, practical and well presented overview of the digital marketing field, with an emphasis on the equal playing field: Kevin makes an effort to provide free resources and tools so that any marketer may use the power of digital analytics unhampered by resource limitations. Which is a good thing because marketers often work with budget constraints. Convincing companies to invest more in marketing, which can be a long term strategy, may not always be easy.

The course covers basic concepts, ethics, history as well as practical methods. A very useful addition to my marketing knowledge base, and toolbox.

By Norma C P P

Jan 26, 2017

Excelente curso, tengo una gran vision con esta especializacion es una de las carreras del futuro y realmente me esta gustando cada vez mas, pienso que no es tan facil medir y conseguir una data confiable para analizar y conocer los gustos y necesidades de los consumidores, adicionalmente en este curso y en general, la especializacion requiere de gente con alta creatividad para hacer la diferencia en un mundo online tan globalizado y tan cambiante. Felicidades por esta campana de cursos de gran impacto e interes mundial. Felicidades a Kevin Hartman por tan valiosa informacion :)

By Ender P B

Nov 8, 2016

For a person that did not know much about analytics, this course represents the doorway to a good understanding of web metrics, how to identify the proper ones depending on each organization as well as how to study the behavior and processes that meet consumers and needs with goods and services in an assertive and effective way. I think the experience becomes better if the learner can count on a website to apply the new knowledge to gain the skills. The course should have some study cases to see the interpretation of metrics the best!

By Ria C V M

Apr 12, 2020

Thanks for sharing the knowledge about digital marketing analytic theory this course I really enjoyed learning: zero moment of truth and other 3 step marketing model. The analyst that have tons of informations regarding online marketing.The data tools. The CDJ- consumer decision journey. The digital channel and the marketing retargeting technique. In this course a lot of ideas, information that i learn as a beginner like me. Thanks to this online course program it's just a wonderful to gain new knowledge.

By Reynaldo V

Mar 20, 2016

Although I've been "doing" web analytics for more than a decade, I still found this course incredibly informative and educational. While all marketers are familiar with the traditional sales funnel, the review of the customer decision journey (CDJ) and the introduction of the ZMOT stage was an eye-opening experience. he instructor was very knowledgeable about analytics. And I look forward to starting the next course in the digital marketing specialization track. T

By Gabrielle D

Oct 31, 2016

This course is a fantastic introduction to the world of digital marketing. Each point is explained in terms students of all backgrounds can understand and grasp. I took this course to prepare for a potential opportunity in my workplace and it has certainly paid off! Auditing the course gave me access to all of the course material and knowledge I needed without having to empty my bank account. With student debt, this was a lifesaver and career builder.

By Thomas B

Oct 22, 2016

Good foundation of information on investigating and structuring objectives and campaigns... Real work comes by exploring more current information, sources, and tools. Basic information instructed could be more current, however, I believe that by the velocity of change the course could never be up to the minute timely. Additionally you would lose the developmental history and would not develop the investigative skills necessary to excel in this field.

By Kustosz-Lee D

Apr 8, 2021

Such a wonderful lecturer, very engaging. I work for a business development consultancy and took this course as a part of the Digital Marketing Specialization - basically to just gain a better understanding of the industry. I can see how this can benefit those who actually want to master marketing analytics, but it's also extremely useful for people like me whose main goal is to understand the industry language and basic concepts.

By Nusrat J

Nov 15, 2020

This course helped me to learn the theory of Digital Marketing Analytics in an engaging way. Analytics seem boring to me, but this course helped me find fun in it. I also learned many interesting topics such as Cache, Tag, etc. I've heard about the definition of these terms many times before, but never understood what purpose these are used for. Thanks a lot Kevin Hartman Sir for making analytics interesting for me.

By Muhammad K Z

Jul 27, 2016

High quality learning with relevant industry expert instructor Kevin Hartman. Excellent lectures. Tremendous amount of supporting learning material was also available with the course. Specifically recommended book Web Analytics Demystified is a great source of learning in depth about web analytics. Overall I achieved in my learning more than I expected from this course.

By Jihad M A

Feb 15, 2016

Really learning a lot from this course. Kevin is obviously very knowledgeable in his field but a bit boring with monotone which has nothing to do with his abilities to teach us and understand the subject in depth and more clearly. I am very thankful to Kevin, as well as Uni of Illinois and Coursera for letting me to be a part of this learning opportunity. Thank You.

By Yassin Z

Dec 22, 2017

very good course , easy to understand , and the readings are just super and very helpful , many good blogs out there i did not know about it such as Avinash Kaushik blog very useful , reading and videos are great not hard.

Prof Kevin is just amazing at delivering knowledge

i do recommend this course to anyone interested in digital marketing and web analytics