Back to Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies by Wesleyan University

Welcome to Understanding Memory. Someone once said that memory is fascinating because sometimes we forget what we want to remember, sometimes we remember what we want to forget, and sometimes we remember events that never happened or never happened the way we remember them. I want to show you how memory works, why it sometimes fails, and what we can do to enhance it. Based on my recent book – Memory and Movies: What Films Can Teach Us About Memory (MIT Press, 2015) – I will provide an introduction to the scientific study of human memory by focusing on a select group of topics that hold widespread appeal. To facilitate your understanding, I will use clips from numerous films to illustrate different aspects of memory – describing what has been learned about memory in a nontechnical way for people with no prior background in psychology. Many of us love watching movies because they offer an unparalleled opportunity for entertainment, even if entertaining films are not always scientifically accurate. Still, I believe that we can learn a lot about memory from popular films, if we watch them with an educated eye. Welcome once more. I am looking forward to showing you what movies can teach us about memory. John Seamon Professor of Psychology Emeritus Wesleyan University...

KK

Jun 03, 2020

one of the best course I did on Coursera. I really love learning memory and psychology at the same time. the examples given are really just awesome. One useful course during this COVID-19 pandemic.

MP

Mar 19, 2017

This was a fascinating course and the movie content he used was amazing. I would like to look into it further and am hoping there was a similar course or an extra course to expand on the content.

226 - 250 of 428 Reviews for Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies

By jinxiu

Nov 07, 2016

特别喜欢这个课程,让我了解很多原来不知道的知识,也让我知道一些大脑的运作规则,我向很多身边的朋友,同事推荐了这个课程,值得认真的学一学。

By adilahshahid@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2020

One of the best courses that I have taken. I highly recommend it!

By Frank S

Apr 01, 2018

A very satisfying course. I like the way the instructor teaches.

By Klaske K

Jun 29, 2017

Interesting and fun. Want to see some of the movies mentioned.

By Jesús A

Mar 03, 2017

If you love movies and psychology this course mixed both great

By Shandris T

Mar 10, 2016

I thought this was a beautiful way of explaining these things.

By Elvira Z

Jun 19, 2016

A most interesting form of a course presentation. Thank you!

By DR R S

Dec 31, 2019

Brilliant course learn a lot about memory and how it works.

By Imane f f

Feb 19, 2018

very joyful and fun to learn, I loved every lesson so far.

By Nancy

Jul 29, 2019

Loved this course!! I have recommended this course to many

By Usha V

Oct 29, 2017

To the point, well organized course. Thank you very much.

By SANDRA E

Aug 01, 2017

Excellent content and worth reviewing! Great movies also.

By Donald L G

Jul 23, 2017

I loved this course. It was informative and entertaining.

By Simone E G

Oct 31, 2016

I loved the way the course was given, with film examples.

By 吴秀琛

Apr 27, 2018

The course is informative and really good for beginner .

By Jessica

Sep 04, 2016

Such an interesting course, would definitely recommend.

By HuongMai

Dec 01, 2019

It is new approach to learn about memory through films.

By ARPIT B

Feb 21, 2019

The Concept of Learning with Movie Examples is Awesome.

By KEERTHI R

Nov 23, 2016

An awesome experience with the team. A big THANK YOU!!!

By Rehab S

Oct 26, 2016

An informative class put together in a very interesting

By Corinne S

Mar 25, 2016

Really interesting and informative. I highly recommend!

By Paolo S G

Jul 08, 2020

Thank you so much for the learnings in this course! <3

By Eyram

Jul 20, 2017

This was a very interesting way to learn about memory!

By Antonio M

Feb 14, 2017

Interesante, ameno y bien explicado. Recomendable 100%

By Gulbiniene J

Jun 24, 2020

It was very interesting and useful course. Thank you.