Back to Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies by Wesleyan University

Welcome to Understanding Memory. Someone once said that memory is fascinating because sometimes we forget what we want to remember, sometimes we remember what we want to forget, and sometimes we remember events that never happened or never happened the way we remember them. I want to show you how memory works, why it sometimes fails, and what we can do to enhance it. Based on my recent book – Memory and Movies: What Films Can Teach Us About Memory (MIT Press, 2015) – I will provide an introduction to the scientific study of human memory by focusing on a select group of topics that hold widespread appeal. To facilitate your understanding, I will use clips from numerous films to illustrate different aspects of memory – describing what has been learned about memory in a nontechnical way for people with no prior background in psychology. Many of us love watching movies because they offer an unparalleled opportunity for entertainment, even if entertaining films are not always scientifically accurate. Still, I believe that we can learn a lot about memory from popular films, if we watch them with an educated eye. Welcome once more. I am looking forward to showing you what movies can teach us about memory. John Seamon Professor of Psychology Emeritus Wesleyan University...

AD

Mar 10, 2017

As the course has included movies to explain important concepts, it never gets boring. As a result a link is maintained throughout. It is a small course giving a great understanding about memory.

MP

Mar 19, 2017

This was a fascinating course and the movie content he used was amazing. I would like to look into it further and am hoping there was a similar course or an extra course to expand on the content.

151 - 175 of 353 Reviews for Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies

By Luisa G P P

Feb 20, 2017

ES UN CURSO EXCELENTE, EL PROFESOR ES SIMPLEMENTE MARAVILLOSO, ES MUY DIDÁCTICO! GRACIAS

By LUIZ A S S

Oct 04, 2016

Excelente curso, foi muito bom aprender sobre memória de maneira criativa e aproveitosa.

By Kseniya K

Sep 25, 2019

Very very very interesting movie - gave me much more knowledge, than I expected to get!

By DR.santosh k p

Jul 11, 2017

its unique course .i m fan of professor. thank you sir for so nicely explaining memory.

By Anna G

Jun 15, 2017

Fun course to take for general knowledge. Alse found out about great movies to watch :)

By kai k

May 21, 2016

well put together

made me cry and laugh

just a great time taking this course--thank you!

By Zeinab D

Jun 05, 2018

I find it very very helpful and interesting to learn.

By Beckie T H F

Sep 21, 2017

i love how each concept is tied to movie stories. it's definitely easier to remember!

By Shenlu W

Jun 12, 2017

Great in providing helpful general understanding of those concepts regarding memory.

By Jing Y

Apr 07, 2016

Very interestingly designed with theories about memory and films with related topics.

By Aliucha R

Jun 25, 2017

Great content transmitted in a fun way that makes it easy to pay attention and learn

By Peter F

Mar 29, 2017

Interesting on the study of how we remember and when our memories play tricks on us.

By María T A C

Dec 23, 2016

Increíble y entretenido curso para aprender lo que implica recordad y tener memoria.

By Pritika G

Mar 03, 2017

excellent course, the topics are taught in a creative and memorable way. Thank you!

By 許家安

Feb 25, 2018

Excellent course with interesting materials to cover some ground about memories.

By Maria - I M

Oct 16, 2017

Even though i knew about memory, it made me comprehend it better!! Thank you!!!

By Ondina F P

Aug 09, 2016

Es un curso muy interesante, sencillo y entretenido. Ideal para principiantes.

By Stacey W

Mar 25, 2019

Best course on memory! And the use of movies reinforced learnings. Recommend!

By Priscila L

Nov 15, 2017

such a complex topic, explained calmly and dynamically. Congrats, professor!

By Krishna K

May 18, 2019

Very useful course. I thoroughly enjoyed the lectures. Thank you Professor.

By Sowmya K B

Oct 18, 2016

I really liked the way in which movies are used for explaining the concept.

By Li-Fu C

May 09, 2017

這是我第一堂上與電影相關但與電影製作無關的課,研究電影是我很大的興趣,這堂課也是我第一次特別抓出一個類別來做賞析。

很開心能有這個機會閱覽這個課程。

By Margaret S C

Oct 01, 2016

Loved this course. Very well presented, organized and illustrated. A gem.

By Sachin K

Sep 10, 2018

Perfect Course and detailed knowledge for each and every part of memory

By Ajaan R K

Jul 15, 2016

Easily Understandable... VERY Interesting... Thoroughly Entertaining...