Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

226 - 250 of 988 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Omair

May 14, 2017

First week done and it's amazing, just like the first one, Learning how to learn.

By Jorge A D F G

Jul 09, 2017

Nuevamente un gran curso sobre el aprendizaje del equipo de Barbara Oakley

Muy recomendable

By Ornella D

Feb 19, 2018

Really enjoyable course with great teachers and concepts that are very useful to apply in real life.

By Elvin M

May 06, 2017

A+

By Viacheslav P

May 11, 2017

Amazing course! Great material, very nice teachers, lots of useful and inspiring ideas for learning.

By Tom G

Sep 29, 2017

Taking this course has taught me that it's possible to learn something outside my comfort zone. I teach music to kids and I've been thinking about other things I can do for a job, long term. After learning that the things that are tough for us are learned best, I decided to take high school algebra and geometry again, this time online. I'm doing pretty well and now I've added a course in learning how to program in Python. I wouldn't have considered taking the leap into learning math and technology without Barb's example! Further, the people she showcases in the book Mindshift are great examples of how one needn't passively accept the scripts given us. We can blaze new trails.

By Qin H

Jun 18, 2017

Amazing course!

By Manos T

Oct 11, 2017

Great stuff

By Pernille O F

May 05, 2018

This is a course which will enrich you thinking and the way you approach future learning. It will show you why and how you keep your mind, your knowledge and your learning fresh, bendable and thriving.

The knowledge of learning, of altering your mindset and especially of the connection to the functions of the brain are all of importance for the quality of your life now and in the future.

Enjoy the many layers of this course. Enjoy every corner of the learning. And know you did not see all the corners - there is still much, much more to learn.

By Nuno A

Aug 28, 2017

very life inspiring course.

By Alexey A

Sep 24, 2017

Good course if you thinking about changing your professional career, facing some troubles at study and even just like to acquire new skills and knowledge

By Cigdem E

Aug 18, 2017

It was terrific! I recommend it to anyone at any age and stage of their lifes.

By Albert K

Mar 13, 2018

Mindshift is a great course. The great benefit is that complex knowledge on brain and learning is outstandingly explained in a way that is simple and intelligible. It helped me a lot to find out more about and foster my own learning. The course is like a greenhouse where dialogue and development are cultivated so w

By Argenis Á

May 31, 2018

Awesome course it helps you to understand your brain how it works and how to approach studies habits also something that I loved and is really useful for me 1- How to take advantage of Procrastination 2- If you are or feel a slow learner that is not bad at all. So I encourage you to do this course and don't stop learning

By Alexandre A

Oct 12, 2017

Very interesting approach to situations where you have to make a change in your behavior.

By Lucia R

Apr 25, 2017

Thank you, Dr. Barbara Oakley, for the great course. The content is presented in an efficient and concise way, but also very pleasant and funny. Through different learning techniques (movement, association, jokes) my attention was always engaged and the content persisted.

By Alessandra C

Dec 19, 2017

Very informative and inspiring course! I like that it is also fun and enjoyable, I almost always followed the videos with a smile on my face :)

By Lidia G

Jun 14, 2017

Changing fields is possible. Obstacles and failure are the best thing that can happen to you. Your interests are a value, not just a waste of time. Women and sciences can go together.

The ideas this course offer are easy to understand and so true it's amazing noone ever put them all together and told us when we were younger. The speakers are clear and explain scientific studies and theories in a very clear and entertaining way, easy to remember.

By Helena S

Aug 28, 2017

Easy to follow, concrete knowledge and tips

By Daniela v

Jan 07, 2018

F

By Marcin L

Oct 29, 2017

Really worth the time spent for going through. Presents great ideas, now only use them in daily life :)

By Arun B K

Nov 08, 2017

I just wished this was available 10 years ago, the result would have been a much more fuller life for me.

Amazing course, really helps you mind shift in terms of learning, career and life choices.

A must for everyone seeking improvement.

By bak

Mar 06, 2018

Excellent

By Laura H

Nov 30, 2017

Fabulous course full of great information and clear instruction. It is like one big pep talk to overcome your fears and improve yourself.

By K.R.Nithyanand

May 24, 2017

Great way to shift your mind away from obstacles to learning. Potentials are not hidden anymore. In fact they complement each other to bring out the best in you.