Back to Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy offers an overview of the latest research findings and international recommendations on a variety of nutrition-related aspects and outcomes of pregnancy. Ensuring a healthy nutritional status and lifestyle prior to and during pregnancy is one of the best ways to help support the healthy growth and development of the unborn child. We will look at how a healthy diet and lifestyle should ideally be achieved prior to conception and provide recommendations for pre-conception counselling of women. We will also look at the nutritient recommendations for a healthy pregnancy to ensure optimal maternal and fetal outcomes as well as focus on the most common nutrition-related pregnancy complications; obesity and gestational diabetes. The learner will have the opportunity to delve into the cutting-edge world of epigenetic and metabolomic research and appreciate the enormous role that these programming effects have in long-term health and disease outcomes. Finally, we offer real life, everyday situations and questions from pregnant women to aid healthcare professionals in the nutrition-based counselling of pregnant women and their families. In addition to the English original, subtitles in Portugese language are available now!...

SR
Apr 28, 2017

I'm a GP interacting with pregnant woman on a regular basis. This was a very enlightening refresher course. will highly recommend it to my peers. beautifully presented. N.B very pretty obstetrician!

RM
Aug 12, 2019

Helped me understand the importance of good nutrition during pregnancy. This course helped me build my knowledge of nutrition and how we must bring about lifestyle changes for a healthy pregnancy.

601 - 623 of 623 Reviews for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

By salauddeen s

Sep 16, 2021

good

By JITHU M J

Sep 30, 2020

Good

By Jessica O

Nov 13, 2017

f

By Michelle B

Jun 12, 2017

I found the level of interactivity on this course completely non existent. I was attempting to gain some advice, asking what I felt were important questions of clarification.

It's not as if there were 100 students asking questions, and yet it was as if I was talking in an echo chamber. That was really disappointing, given I could see, apart from me - almost every other question had been responded to by someone! I'm unsure if it was because of the timing of when I took the course or something else.

I also felt that in Week 2 of the course there was a huge amount of assumed knowledge and that required me to go and do at least 3 hours of extra study to understand what was being said. It seemed strange given that the rest of the course was very easy to understand.

By florence

Jun 4, 2020

I'd like to see more efforts towards informing about vegan options in pregnancy nutrition. Also, the risk of microplastics in fish was not mentioned, neither a plant-based option for omega 3s (f.e. algae oil).

Information was well explained and contains a clear action plan to follow. I like how lifestyle and nutrition are seen as the biggest contributors to health and wellbeing.

By yaroslav

Jan 2, 2019

not very informative, unfortunately. too much scientific stuff. From practical point of view - exercise moderately, take folic acid and iodine supplements, don't eat much more than previously, don't smoke and drink. Fruits and vegetables and whole grain food and fish is good. That's it.

By Jonathan G

Jan 5, 2018

course was informative but somewhat self-explanatory on pregnancy health. I'm sure anyone can learn this without having to take a course. However, the questions on the tests were rarely consistent with what was covered.

By Lisa O

Mar 11, 2021

It was a lot of great information but was difficult to keep up. It was not made to catch the students attention and to stay focused. I had to do further research on my own to clarify important points that were made.

By Carla P M L

Aug 24, 2019

Un curso que ofrece datos actualizados entorno a la alimentación y el estilo de vida para un embarazo saludable, sin embargo, yo esperaba información màs concreta referente a la práctica en la consulta nutricional

By Nicole M

Feb 24, 2020

not as informative as I would have liked - folic acid info was the most helpful

By Bardell P

Sep 19, 2020

A very detailed course. Alot of valuable information.

By Sumaiah A

Feb 24, 2019

Its a challenging course, lots of information.

By Ines G

Jun 6, 2019

Not completely logical, but interesting

By Nivitha. V N V

Aug 3, 2020

In depth knowledge about the subject

By Deetchana

Jul 3, 2020

Good skills are learned

By Mita T

Mar 15, 2019

Mita

By Maria S W

Aug 20, 2018

The majority of the course in centered around medicine and drugs rather than around drug-free pregnancy. Actual nutrition topics are only covered in relation to drug supplementation.

By Müge B

Oct 3, 2019

Although the course subjects are interesting, it was really hard to concentrate. It was very difficult to follow because there were no intonations. It was obvious that they read the text instead of being more natural. (I exclude the Professors in England) Also the questions were not direct enough due to language barriers. I wish there was more about lifestyle and nutrition like meal suggestions. Also some parts about calorie intake and exercise were unclear and may be misleading.

By Elizabeth S

Sep 19, 2017

While this professor has in depth explanations of his 'facts', the information I am hearing does not correspond with what I believe to be more up to date. Furthermore, having studied physiology as well as nutrition, I am taken aback by how incorrect I feel this course is.

By Nema C

Jan 7, 2021

This course is way too advanced for normal people with common interest in the topic, e.g. planning -to-be pregnant women. It is too theoretical, biological and scientific! It is almost impossible to follow the given explanations!

By Twinkle S

I am trying to complete the final quiz but the questions are out of context and syllabus provided.

By Hanna M

Aug 19, 2017

englisch was painful to hear. full of useful information.

By Alana d

Jan 3, 2021

No stars I hate this course