Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

176 - 200 of 893 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Josh B

Feb 01, 2016

Great course and provides some complex and awesome context. This is my first programming course in java, although it has taken me a bit to get my syntax right, it has gone smoothly.

By Alice S

Nov 13, 2016

great

By Bhuwan P U

Mar 14, 2016

Good Expaination

By Alex Z

Jan 08, 2016

Great course, thank you! What i really like it's in this course you learn by doing interesting practical projects, not just listening theory only.

By Light0617

Jun 15, 2017

wonderful!!!! the PA is interesting and let me learn a lot, not only the programming but the design !

By Roger H

Nov 23, 2015

Very sad that this is no longer free

By Roberto E W J

Oct 25, 2015

I like this course!!

By Sudip

Jan 31, 2016

l

By Anastasiya M

Dec 26, 2015

The course is really great and the explanations are very clear! Instructors are so inspirational! I think the good idea is to develop such a project from scratch, without using given starter code. Thank you a lot!

By Srinivas S

Nov 03, 2016

This was an excellent course in Java programming. My entire programming experience prior to this course was my own reading of Java basics from tutorialspoint.com. So, basically little to no experience. With this being an intermediate course, my learning curve was quite steep. But the 3 professors have done an excellent job of creating an interactive and challenging learning experience.

The lectures are engaging and on point. I love the format where they tell you an overview of the assignment ahead of the week's lectures. This way, you can associate ways of using things learnt in the lectures while you learn them.

I also loved how the assignments built up from being quite easy to very challenging over the course. Each passing week uses skills acquired from all the preceding weeks, offering a nice continuity that aided my learning. Overall, my entry into programming was made thoroughly enjoyable through this course and I'd like to thank the team that created this course for it.

By Joaquín C

May 08, 2016

So far it is going great !, In my case just doing the basis again but It is well made for overall students

By Gopi K S

Sep 29, 2016

Very good course with very good explanation of concepts.

By Ivan L

Apr 14, 2016

best corse in java

By esraa m a g

Jan 22, 2018

this course is really good

Nov 02, 2015

great course!

By Samsun

Oct 26, 2015

I really liked the structure of the course, and also the course contents.

By Philomath I

Oct 02, 2016

Great introduction to Java and OOP!

By VM

Sep 18, 2016

Over my expectations! The videos are very clear and oriented to learning. The structure of the course can't be better and the teachers are really good!.

By Yasmeen G

Jun 11, 2016

♥♥

By Andrés M F A

Aug 07, 2017

Great teaching strategy

By Karen C

Jul 01, 2016

Awesome for beginners! Introduce Basic concepts and then practice on a map project.

By rahul k s

Feb 28, 2016

tutorials are just awesome..:)

By Hamidreza G