Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

326 - 350 of 882 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Sudip

Jan 31, 2016

l

By Peining C

Apr 09, 2016

Very clear and helpful. So far I love this course!

By Cinzano

Dec 12, 2015

Great course.

By Konstantin

Jan 12, 2016

Christine, Mia and Leo - you are absolutely fantastic!

To convey programming concepts with such enthusiasm, dedication and professionalism! The course is well designed and planned. The assignments are very interesting and actual. I would definitely recommend this course in my professional circles and to my friends.

Thank you very much!

In pleasurable anticipation of your next course. Thank you.

By Karen C

Jul 01, 2016

Awesome for beginners! Introduce Basic concepts and then practice on a map project.

By Eric W

Nov 24, 2015

excellent

By VLAD.CIOBOATA

Aug 03, 2017

Nice interactive course. Building a really swell project using Processing library and Unfolding Map.

By Mahmut K E

Aug 01, 2016

Tremendous. That's a real teaching!

By Ognjen T

Dec 30, 2015

Excellent and practical course.

By Rostyslav Z

Feb 10, 2016

A great introduction to the fundamentals of building real-world software, with an engaging project (world map of earthquakes) that you continuously evolve throughout the course and a unique, friendly approach to programming assignments.

By 张之晗(ZhiHan Z

Aug 16, 2017

really fruitful course!

By Kumar A

Jun 06, 2018

Course is awsome, but due to financial issues not completed 1st week till :(

By Seth H

Apr 14, 2016

Interesting project, great pacing. The lectures are well designed and presented. The additional videos (quick interviews with industry vets, students figuring out a selection of code) are useful to reinforce understanding. Most of the knowledge here transfers smoothly (with syntax adjustments) to other languages and stacks, such as C#.

By Yatin

Mar 12, 2016

I like the content and programming assignments.

By Josh B

Feb 01, 2016

Great course and provides some complex and awesome context. This is my first programming course in java, although it has taken me a bit to get my syntax right, it has gone smoothly.

By Alice S

Nov 13, 2016

great

By Aryadip S

Dec 21, 2015

It was a wonderful course! Kudos to all the professor! I wish i was lucky enough to be under the tutelage of such great Professor! Loved how lucidly, they made us understand Java.

Special mention to Christine. You were absolutely fantastic!

And to the Coursera Community. You guys rock! Bless you guys. You have no idea how much you are helping students like me.

Looking forward towards more such tutorials.

PS: Can i expect J2EE tutorials from these professors? And also, some course on Algorithms from these Professors? It will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Dec 14, 2015

Awesome

By Mohamed F

May 01, 2016

very interesting course i like it's had core fundmentals of java programming and very easy understood describe everything including memory model

By Yosep K

Dec 13, 2015

I love how you learn to follow the code by writing where it's in memory. I've been stuck on classes work internally and now i'm glad how they work

By Dmitry S

Apr 01, 2016

Very Good!

By WTWONG

Apr 15, 2016

OOP explain Clear , i like this course

By Andrei P

Nov 16, 2015

Really fun, light introduction to the specifics of Java