Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

376 - 400 of 894 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Eduardo D

Dec 22, 2015

Muito bem.

Ensina Java profundamente. Você aprende muito.

Muito obrigado aos professores.

By André D H

Feb 22, 2016

Excellent course and dynamic!!!! The programming assignment are funny and help the student to improve knowledge.

By WEIQI C

Jun 28, 2017

Excellent introductory course to Java. Carefully designed assignments.

By Siddharth S

Aug 09, 2016

I loved the way instructors designed, developed and delivered course. This course gave me really good insights into object oriented programming. And I thoroughly enjoyed working on project.

By Ching-Ju H

May 11, 2016

I love this course. It is easy to catch the whole idea.

By Arpit G

Nov 01, 2015

Awesome course.

By Pham, T L

Oct 26, 2016

Good course for basic OOP in java.

Thank you.

By Heng W W

Mar 21, 2016

It is good!!! I learnt a bit of Java beforehand but not the object oriented concept. Would definitely attend the courses by UC San Diego again as well as pay for the course when I can afford it!

By deepakts

Sep 18, 2015

Good one

By Noman

Jun 21, 2016

Best course ever ..

By Bhagwan D

Feb 02, 2016

Very well taught by very intellectuals.

By Saleem U B

Dec 13, 2015

A really great course

By Åsa S

Jul 20, 2017

Fun course. Perfect for brushing up your old java skills.

By Jay L

Apr 15, 2016

Really help on building up good foundation of OOP.

By Ruopeng Z

Mar 29, 2016

This class is superb! While doing the project, I am learning concepts gradually and the functionality of my project is also growing during the process. Perfect learning experience.

By Damian J

Oct 18, 2015

Really enjoyable and I learned some absolutely great skills!!!!!!

By Filip D

Mar 31, 2016

I like a lot GEO-Information-Project, it is very interested in many ways, I never handle with this type of project, It is very challenging for me.

By John W

Apr 08, 2017

great course and fun assignment!

By Pat C

Mar 05, 2016

This course delivers a great learning experience. I have not only learned the theory of object oriented design through java. I have also gained hands on experience of these challenging concepts through the java programming assignments. An outstanding feature of this course is the ability of the three professors to relate rigorous theory to hands on experience by means of the java assignments. Hats off to three outstanding Computer Science professors for the great teaching, enthusiasm and ability to motivate me the learner. This course delivers 100% on its promise to provide a solid foundation in object oriented design and programming through java.

By Mathieu R

Jun 26, 2018

Great course, puts in practice all the main OO programming concepts. Just a bit annoying to peer-review the last assignment.

By Kevin M

Oct 16, 2017

Very good overview on important things in Java

By Tian

Mar 23, 2016

The teacher is very comprehensive and very serious. I was starting to learn Java, thanks.

By ROUSHAN K

Oct 28, 2016

This is a nice and very challenging course. But definitely learned a lot. Thanks to the instructors..

By Sheila M B A

Mar 16, 2016

I hpe that I won't pay 79$ just to have a certificate.

By Yunus_Emre_Ozkose

Mar 12, 2016

very good for beginner, thank you