Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

251 - 275 of 903 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By VLAD.CIOBOATA

Aug 03, 2017

Nice interactive course. Building a really swell project using Processing library and Unfolding Map.

By Sudharaka P

Dec 03, 2015

I loved this course and I believe I gained some valuable skills and knowledge by taking the course.

By Diego V d J

May 30, 2017

Great course with the right levels of difficulty. Certainly a must be for beginner Java developers

By Vijay B

Dec 09, 2015

A good practical overview of Java language with good exercises that emphasize the course contents.

By Baljeet S

Dec 05, 2015

Great Instructor and a nice way to teach us. Liked every single lecture. Enjoyed the project too.

By Rolando J A A

Jul 09, 2018

I am glad I took this course. I enjoyed it. Very well accomplished/designed learning experience.

By Richard M

Jan 03, 2018

This is a great course to just get familiar with the Eclipse IDE and Java programming in general

By anshul

Nov 22, 2015

Designed in a very interesting way. Really helps to understand the things and get in their flow.

By WhiteDreamer

Jul 29, 2017

very good explanation, also liked challenges

coding explanation was comprehensive.

Thanks A lot!

By Srikaanth P

May 12, 2017

Very easy to follow and learn.; especially lecturer Mrs. Mia's videos are very good and lively.

By Maximilian P

Oct 04, 2018

Really great in order to get into the nitty-gritty details of Java. Great work, learned a lot!

By BaoYiping

Jul 02, 2016

it's a nice course and helped me understand the object oriented design with JAVA very well!!!

By Alejandro M Z

Feb 06, 2016

Very good course. It explains in simple way all basic material that you must know about OOP.

By Saullo C C B

Oct 15, 2015

I reviewed and learned a lot of Java Object Oriented Programming concepts. It was really fun!

By Anubis L

Sep 07, 2016

This course is excellent..I've never felt so happy while learning about programming concepts

By Biruk S

Nov 02, 2015

Great course. Well designed and challenging programming assignments that stimulate learning.

By Boris M

Jan 22, 2018

I love this course a lot! It helped me to refurbish my skill and brush up my knowledge set!

By Lixin X

Sep 08, 2017

thank you for your effort to help students like me with little knowledge in Java and in OOP

By Carlos L

Jul 23, 2017

Very good course, perfect for both beginners and people looking to refresh their knowledge.

By Pranay S

Jun 25, 2016

A highly detailed course. It helped me learn Java well outside the domain of the classroom.

By Tian

Mar 23, 2016

The teacher is very comprehensive and very serious. I was starting to learn Java, thanks.

By Wanxuan L

Feb 06, 2016

It is a very good class for learning Java! The three teachers are very excellent and nice.

By Eduardo D

Dec 22, 2015

Muito bem.

Ensina Java profundamente. Você aprende muito.

Muito obrigado aos professores.

By Leonid M

Jan 10, 2016

Nice course. But peer assignment/reviews takes much more time than estimated 30 minutes.

By Maresu A

Feb 09, 2017

The challenges with questions and demos are very useful.

Helps for a good understanding.