Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

176 - 200 of 894 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Gurucharan S

Sep 18, 2015

Awesome

By radhika s

Dec 07, 2016

I would give additional stars if it was possible. Some prior programming experience is required (I think they already specify this as a prerequisite). That said, if you just done basic programming but never used GUI libraries before, this is THE BEST POSSIBLE INTRODUCTION to using libraries.

Must say a word about the course structure, material and the professors. They are all, yes all three of the professors, in one word: AMAZING!! Their tone is encouraging and it is a privilege learn from them.

The course structure, again 5 stars. A combination of the CORE and concept challenges cleared up any muddled up concepts in my head. So analyzing and understanding the support code was a breeze (it took me multiple attempts and umpteen reviews of the videos to get this far in the course but I am definitely more knowledgeable and competent than before I started)

The course material is really good.

I am highly motivated to complete this course and go for the next one provided by this dedicated team of fantastic teachers.

By Kareem Z

Sep 24, 2017

Amazing teachers.

By Zaid A

Apr 19, 2017

wonderful course i like the way of teaching........

By Byambasuren G

Dec 07, 2016

really enjoyed!

By Jim L

Dec 02, 2015

Instructors are exemplary. This series is the best crafted that I've seen on-line. Makes me look forward to the next week.

By Wesley M d O

Dec 14, 2015

Very good!

By Joshua D P

Dec 28, 2015

Incredibly Good! Improve my Java Skills in the next level.

By Sirajumj M P

Feb 26, 2018

The course is very interactive and I should recommend to take this if you have at least the basic understanding of programming in Java, Python, JavaScript etc.

By Roger Z

Jul 13, 2016

A very good course! At the beginning it might look simple, but gets challenging after the first two weeks.

By Ali

Nov 19, 2015

amazing course, i really enjoyed while learning ^_^

By Micheal

Aug 08, 2016

It is a good course. It help me strengthen the knowledge about interface, abstract class and experience of developing related skills.

By Zhao Y

Apr 05, 2016

Super~

By DNS S

Feb 21, 2016

Excellent way to start learning Java

By Manuel M G

Jul 30, 2016

Great course, especially if you have some background in programming. With a lot of help from the lectures you develop a real life proyect since week 1, which is pretty awesome. The instructors' explanations are clear and simple. I had never had any contact with Java before and I feel like I have learned a lot. Thank you so much for this course!

By Saurabh R

Aug 21, 2017

Good Course content.

By anshul

Nov 22, 2015

Designed in a very interesting way. Really helps to understand the things and get in their flow.

By Patrick H

Mar 05, 2016

The course was well-structured to provide resources and guidance to complete a fun project; the instructors did an excellent job of making the material accessible and providing real-world examples of how the material is relevant beyond the scope of the class project.

By Shi Y

Jan 18, 2016

A very good course for people who are interested in Java

By Ritesh S

Dec 10, 2016

Concepts explained very nicely.

By Beira M

Feb 07, 2016

Excellent course

By Mariusz K

Nov 21, 2016

This course is really well prepared.

By Srijan A

Nov 21, 2016

I found it very useful in bridging the knowledge gaps I had in Java. I helped me identify issues which even seasoned programmers miss.

By Milica N

Oct 22, 2015

Excellent!

By Amit V

Jan 14, 2016

Excellent approach to teaching Java; i loved the hands on, concept challenges and modules at the end of each course. I wish my professors in university were 1/2 as good as them.