Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK

May 05, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

BK

From this course I have learn much more information regarding the drilling sites, production , reservoir contents and more specially Economic price rise and fall in this industry. I thank to Coursera

201 - 225 of 1,162 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By maggie

Jan 26, 2019

This course allowed me to know in depth about the oil and gas industry especially the markets. A very good course to get an overall knowledge about the oil and gas industry..

By Pedro J

Mar 08, 2018

Muy buen curso, en lo personal me ayuda mucho ya que soy estudiante de ingeniería petroquímica y tener algunos datos muy importante de refinación es muy bueno, muchas gracias

By Andrés F C L

Jul 20, 2020

Great course for an introduction to Oil and Gas and, to know some of the terms more related to the financial side, that as a young geology student are really useful to know.

By Zameer

Presentation of the course was such that I have learned each every aspect of oil and gas industry, it may help me in future.

Very well and detailed presentation by presenter.

By BAYTAMO, T J (

Oct 05, 2020

Nice course for those chemical engineers who like to explore different fields of chemical engineering. Kudos to the entire team, I enjoyed it very much; highly recommended.

By GERARDO U G G

Jan 20, 2020

The course comprehensively covers the oil business in a simple and didactic way. For those who start in the oil and gas industry, it offers a broad vision of the business.

By Artem S

Nov 20, 2019

It was very useful for me. Short presentation about 5-7 minutes let you to concentrate on the main topics. All information was submitted in clear way. Thank you very much!

By Romina E D

Oct 26, 2020

Great course, very interesting, you can mold it according to your schedule. All the information given is complete and clear. I've learned a lot in this course, thank you.

By Abel V O

May 07, 2020

Excellent course, what i like the most was the interphase between the technical and economical worlds and the clarity vision of the big picture of the oil & gas business.

By Denis T

Oct 03, 2019

A very good and succinct introduction to the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industry. The lecturer is a fantastic teacher with a very good manner of presentation and attitude.

By Salisu u f

The course was self explanatory and well understood, help me bridges some gaps in my academic background. Kudos to cousera for bringing this amazing instructor on board.

By Muhammad m

May 16, 2020

This course is splendid it covering all factors related to oil and gas generation,operations and marketing.Thanks Lincoln pratson,sir you are great,I love from Pakistan.

By J. D G

Aug 19, 2020

I loved it and believe everyone should take this course to get a snapshot about global demand and how the oil & gas industry works. Great professor and great slides.

By Andrés M A R

Jul 20, 2020

Very complete explanation fo all activies in the hydrocarbon industry chain. And very focused in the interpretation of the markets avalible of it's commercialization.

By Shadab h

Nov 07, 2019

I'm very happy to get a certificate from courseera and I'm very thankful to course era and professor Lincoln pratson of duke university to share a knowledge with us

By Zulfiqar A

Apr 17, 2019

Short and concise but thoroughly encompassing every aspect of Oil and Gas Industry.

Highly recommended for those who want to get an overview of Oil and gas industryl

By mostafa k

Dec 08, 2018

It helped me a lot to have a great experience into the field of Oil & Gas Industry. I am really sure that, it would be helpful to anyone to have a course like this.

By Joaquin G L

Mar 15, 2018

Everything is perfectly explained from the start and all the content material allow you to get a perfect idea on this market, even if you haven't any previous idea.

By Nakkeeran. E ( E

Jun 28, 2020

A very important and valuable course for all the budding chemical engineers in the world. request all the chemical engineers to study this course and get knowledge

By Isuru A

Jun 03, 2020

I encourage my geological knowledge . I can identify the problems in the oil and gas industry . Now i know the how to product and cost of the producing oil and gas

By Sanwal G

Apr 13, 2020

The course is very beneficial for those who wants to understand the basic operations of oil and gas exploration, its processing and marketing all around the world.

By Denise G

Aug 12, 2020

Especially appreciated the downloadable slides and the very clear information (including a detailed marking scheme) given for the project component of the course.

By Zain N

Oct 06, 2020

Lincoln Pratson did an excellent job in explaining the material. Living in Texas, this course really gave me some insight on the most important industry we have.

By Tullaya A

Jun 18, 2020

I already got lots of information in oil and gas industries and saw in another vision in this field but I got some of the reviews in peers' assignment is biased.

By Jairo H

May 07, 2020

A very useful course for those who want to gain a better understanding of the oil and gas industry. I highly recommend it for those who want to learn the basics