Back to Positioning: What you need for a successful Marketing Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positioning: What you need for a successful Marketing Strategy by IE Business School

Positioning is the heart of any Marketing Strategy, the core that you must get right. It does not matter whether you start with a clearly defined target group or with a differential value proposition: you will need end up with a clear segment or segments upon which we build our Marketing Plan. In this course - the second in our Marketing Strategy Specialization - IE professor Ignacio Gafo will guide you through the essential stages of this key marketing process, starting with the basic elements that you will require and deciding on the market segmentation and marketing. The course progresses to examine the key market trends that you will encounter and will provide you with a handy practical toolbox of skills. The course features interviews with industry professionals as well as on location videos where we quiz members of the public on their attitude towards this key concept. After this course you will be in no doubt of where to position your product and which segment you are going to attempt to attract....

NM

Dec 21, 2016

Professor Ignacio elaborated the concept of positioning in a detailed manner. 5C's are very nicely explained. The videos are short and engaging which helped in increasing concentration.

LO

Feb 08, 2018

It has been very instrumental in my case as i redefine the strategy for my organization. Simple and easy to understand with very good case study literature provided. Thanks guys

1 - 25 of 88 Reviews for Positioning: What you need for a successful Marketing Strategy

By Juan I V U

May 14, 2017

Ok, so the thing is this...

The course is awesome! And really i mean it, because it teaches you the basis to start doing things yourself and it motivates you a lot, but:

1) There is to bad grammar on the essays and documents they give to us.

2) The page from WARC seems to be hacked because everything is a mess.

3) In some videos, the audio is awful

5) Ignacio needs to practice on his speach, because he seems very nervous on every filming

6) Quizes are to tricky. Also, there's to many ambiguous questions that, even for people that works hard to get so much more information from the outside, there is no way we can prove what is wrong or right.

But also i want to say thinks to all the staff that made this course possible, i appreciate a lot the effort you are comiting in making knowledge accesible.

Kind regards!

By Shabanova O

Jan 19, 2019

I like it. This course was interesting and full of knowledge. Thank you Coursera

By Nhat Q L

Feb 03, 2019

Great course!

By Melanie W

Feb 09, 2019

I really enjoyed this course! As someone from the science field without any marketing background, I especially like Professor Gafo's systematic and organized breakdown of the marketing process. It serves as a great framework for me to understand positioning. Thank you Professor for all the tools you provided. Learning about what positioning is NOT has been equally helpful. From the reading materials, I appreciated the real life examples of good marketing strategies practiced in different countries. Thank you again!

By MOHAMMED J K

Mar 23, 2019

I am very glad to share that I got opportunity to complete e-learning course on marketing strategy from world class university & very informative lecture on each topic. Entire course content was very exciting & engaging. Now I can make business strategy in more effective way & clearly forecast how this learning can be used to ensure Product marketing & Market share.

By Panagiotis N

Nov 13, 2016

The best course I had so far. Very thorough with examples to make it easier to understand basic principles. After completing the course, you will know the basis of successful marketing and commercial plan.

By Lydia D

Dec 28, 2016

I'm learning A LOT! I have a background in marketing strategy, but covering the basics 7 laters in my career I am becoming more up-to-date and remembering things that have been shifted to the back of my head. I recommend this course to beginners as well as people already practicing. Also, I highly recommend taking the entire specialization to get the most out of the new knowledge you will learn as well as a refresher. Who knows, those who are studies and practiced you may learning new things like I have been. Also hearing the things you already know may clarify things you learned a little more as I am experiencing.

By Shubham S

Jan 03, 2018

It is the best course I have came so far, So much of learning. I really admire the great work of the IE business school and the faculty and thank all the members associated for coming up with this amazing course.

By Sebastian S

Aug 31, 2017

I

By Alejandra S

Nov 14, 2016

I like how the teacher explain the topics and the resources that he used to explain them such as the interviews

By Ana R P

Mar 06, 2018

Thank you so much to the instructor for instructing Ana Pelayo.

By Ravishankar J

Mar 28, 2018

G

By Mohammad M

Jul 08, 2016

If you want to have a clear map about marketing proccess especially marketing strategy, this MOOC is a must-have course.

By Shiref a m

Aug 25, 2017

a real valuable source of learning positioning and really talented and well educated instructors , my only concern is that Citroen case study that there was no eng subs at all

By Ajay s

Mar 27, 2018

very good

By Reynaldo V

Oct 19, 2017

This was both highly educational and a great source for practical ideas that I'm already using at work.

By abhilekh

Apr 02, 2018

i

By ASHWIN U S

Jul 18, 2016

Great course! Wonderful learning experience! Would strongly recommend!! :)

By Chandrasekar D

Mar 31, 2018

E

By charles t

Feb 24, 2018

fantastic course

By SALLY Y Y L

Nov 03, 2017

It was a great basic course in marketing. Thanks for the knowledge shared.

By Savdar I

Mar 12, 2018

Highly recommended for young entrepreneur and start-up entrepreneur especially.

By AzeemImam

May 20, 2018

Great course and learning source.