Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

BA
Sep 2, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

JC
Jul 2, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

76 - 100 of 1,486 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Beyza N Ö

Dec 28, 2020

Thanks to this course, I realized that the more positive emotions I experience in our daily life, the longer, happier and healthier life I have. But, the best part is that it gives meaning to other person's life. Also, all I need to do is to make use of opportunities that come into my daily life. It's that simple! It was a truly exciting, inspiring and hopeful course. Thank you once again.

By Ela G

Apr 12, 2018

The course is taught with kindness and thoughtfulness and has a strong academic backbone moving it from the touchy-feely type program to a solid, scientifically researched one. It is quite rewarding to know that science supports the fact that love abounds and can be captured if one just pays attention to the beautiful little moments around us. Great learnings and presented vert nicely.

By Wasana F

Aug 6, 2020

This course gives us a broad vision of positivity, emotions, love and how to closely connect with others and how to balance your psychological, physical, spiritual and social wellbeing through the positive Psychological knowledge.

I am grateful to Dr Babra and other resource persons who engaged with this course.

&

I would like to thank, The University of North Carolina and Coursera.

By Namrata

Aug 19, 2015

Wonderful Course , Amazing way to present it in very simple format , Got to learn true meaning of love, gratitude , micro-moments. It gave me new perspective about Positivity . Instead of "being positive" in every situation , which is not possible in many situations , "Being Open" in any situation really worked for me to be more Resilient while living my Imperfectly perfect life .

By Eloise S

Nov 8, 2020

Thank you very much to Coursera, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Dr. Barbara Fredrickson, and the online classmates for this course. The course gave me a new perspective on how to look at things and achieve positivity in my daily life. I will forever be grateful and will strive hard to generate positive micro-moments for others whenever I can. More power to you!

By Kathleen S

Mar 5, 2019

The science is so strong and well presented. The meditations are enriching even for a long-time meditator. The assignments skillfully make the applications to "real life" and finally, the supporting resources offer a treasure trove of additional information and scholarship and tools for maximizing the possibilities of positive resonance.

Thank you Dr. Frederickson and team!

By Mingyi X

Feb 16, 2017

Really fun class to take! A great introduction to positive psychology! Lots of hands-on activities to experience psychology in real life! A very inspiring course too! I learn to appreciate more about friendship, family and love. Very well paced but tons of useful and interesting information in each short video. Highly recommended to anyone who is interested in psychology!!!

By Ifigenia K

Jan 5, 2021

Positive Psychology course was very enlightening and offered some breakthrough ideas supported by scientific experiments. Dr Fredrickson's scientific work is very revealing. Her course is very well structured, clear, easy to follow and gives you many opportunities to participate by offering one's personal input. Thank you Dr Fredrickson for such a wonderful experience!

By Flavio W

Sep 28, 2020

The course is excellent. The dynamics of the course lead us to a very concrete interaction and to a question on what level we are interacting with ourselves and with each other.

The course provides various tools, insights and exercises to enhance a life full of love and appreciation. My gratitude to Dr. Barbara L. Fredrickson and the others involved and participants.

By Jonas M

Aug 17, 2020

Took this during the pandemic to try to be more positive and it really made me realize how negative I have been feeling lately, so it was a great reminder that we can control / influence our emotions. lol a lot of the lessons focused on being connected with others... which is hard right now, so I cant wait to connect with others and feel positive when this is over!!

By Tabitha P K

Aug 30, 2018

Positive Psychology is a brilliant course. Its simple and has a good continuity. What i liked most was the simple tips that are give that can be worked out to make not only your life better but make a positive difference to others. Positive emotions and the positivity resonance made so much sense. i loved the course and of course it has made me rethink my ways .

By Karen v M d S

Apr 19, 2020

Really well organized course to get you into the principles of Positive Psychology and the scientific findings of what emotions and specially gratitude and love are. I am really grateful for the opportunity to know the real life behind science as I followed the reasons that took professionals involved in this course, to study and draw into Positive Psychology.

By Jenny B

Jan 15, 2020

This course was interactive, research based and highly engaging. I found many practical strategies that I can take to increase my own personal sense of positive emotions, though that was an added bonus. I was fascinated by the way in which the instructor wove all sorts of connections between positive psychology and other fields. I highly enjoyed this course.

By Syatiul I

Aug 8, 2017

It's great. I've learned so much by taking this course. I once a girl that was so hard to express my feelings probably because i didn't understand them completely. But, after i took this course and learned about that loving kindness meditation, now i begining to lean how to control my emotion and how to express my gratitude towards other people and such.

By Thennakoon M D D

Jun 14, 2020

Excellent course!!! I have empowered my positive mind through this course.Now I can spread positivity to my family,friends and community.The examples that used in this course made very easy to understand the concepts.Thank you so much to Dr.Barbara Fredrickson and other instructors.I will continue practicing positive emotions through my life after this.

By Kalina P

Sep 20, 2016

I started this course early and was so excited to learn this new information I just dove right in! Unfortunately I am too far ahead and have to wait a few weeks until I can take my week 2 quiz. Instead of binge watching Netflix at night I get my nightly dose of Positive Psychology! I recommended this course too all of my friends, family and co-workers.

By Ivett C G E

Aug 3, 2020

This is an amazing course to realize the importance of the positive emotions in our lives, the cultivations of gratitud and love in our day by day experience and also the importante or our connections with others to improve our health and the quality of our lives. The meaning and applications of positive resonance and positive radio in our daily life.

By Kathy

Mar 7, 2017

This is an excellent course and I highly recommend it! I loved learning about bringing more positivity and optimism into my life. I believe the information presented by Dr. Fredrickson will really help to enhance my relationships with the other people in my life. It will especially help me when dealing with my patients and with the students I mentor.

By Osama a

Dec 10, 2016

I think this course was extremely informative, productive and thought provoking. Professor Barbara also sparked my interest to gain more knowledge about Positive Psychology, and I am considering following Professor Barbara's researches and books as well. ツ Thank you Professor for making that awesome course so interesting! You are awesomely awesome ღ

By Rita P

Dec 29, 2020

Thank you for this opportunity to enter this course. I learned new things about positive psychology and strengthened my conviction that you need practice all these good things (notice good things, emotions, say "Thank you" - even for a small things, share your good mood with others...) and enjoy everything what life gives you:) Thank you so much!

By Savithri R

Mar 16, 2016

I think this is a great course for everyone. This helps positive feelings towards self and with everyone one connects and thus help create a positive aura around self. This way you create small groups of positive circles and then they share it with others and then it multiplies... Everyone should go through this course to remain healthy and happy.

By Lislei D

Apr 24, 2019

Barbara Fredrickson and her team have given me solid knowledge on the subject of positive emotions thus enticing me to find out more about it by looking for other courses on the topic. I'm now registered in a post graduation course in Positive Psychology and I'm feeling much more confident about my choice for this course and for my future steps .

By Annette N

Sep 23, 2015

The course is very interative and engaging! The scientific perspective is extremely interesting and what you will learn there will be applicable to your life. I love that there are weekly practical assignment that allow you to experience what you have learnt this week.

I would love if there was a level 2 or follow up class!!

Strongly recommended.

By Cristian B

Jan 8, 2020

Great course, very good setting with 4 brilliant “students”, great teacher, May all of you be happy, may all of you live with ease. 5/5 Stars A MUST for any psychology student. Tip: Take notes after the lesson/lecture, I learned this from fellow teachers and this made me focus really and understand the ideas that Dr Fredrickson explained.

By Laxman S R

Jul 4, 2020

As a filed the positive psychology spends much of its time thinking about topics like character strengths, optimism, life stratification, happiness, well-being, gratitude, compassion as well as self compassion, self esteem and self confidence ,hope and elevation.

A very interested subject become a positive person through out the life.