Back to Project Launch

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Launch by University of California, Irvine

Today’s fast track business and global environment emphasizes increasing project development efficiency while using fewer resources. This course shows you how to accomplish exactly this. Learn how to justify and select projects, and how stakeholders can influence projects. Identify the requirements necessary for defining project scope and create a list of tasks necessary to accomplish that scope. Create effective communication plans and assign responsibilities. Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of project planning through the use of scheduling software. Establish project requirements, objectives, and goals before defining the total project scope using a work breakdown structure (WBS). You’ll have the opportunity to apply what you learn to a case study that brings together the key elements of launching a project....

AT

Jan 15, 2018

The content is well constructed, and the professor is very engaged in the success of the students. There are a few technical glitches that need to be cleaned up given the cost of the course.

JH

Apr 20, 2018

This was an excellent introduction to project management launch techniques and tools. It takes into consideration the difference between doing an exercise to de

26 - 34 of 34 Reviews for Project Launch

By Bess W

Jul 09, 2019

Top notch Instructor. I found Dr. Lu spoke from experience and authority in the business, and he was also willing to work with me which was a plus; for instance, I misunderstood one aspect of the assignment during the first week and he allowed me to resubmit a revised version the following week. On the downside, the class administration wasn't five stars, as some of the video clips were repetitive, and often located in more than one area and I felt like I watched the same video, three different times. Overall, this was an excellent first class which I highly recommend, taught by a great Instructor.

By Jan R

Oct 29, 2018

Well organised course with very little errors. Work load can be high at times. For instance week 5's work could perhaps have been spread out a little more and/or have a later deadline. Instructors very capable, knowledgeable and friendly. I was pleasantly surprised by the student interaction and discussion.

By Rachel P

Sep 10, 2019

I would have found this more valuable if the project management scenarios were more relatable. I had difficulty translating complex IT implementation and construction scenarios into project plans for my assignments given my lack of knowledge in these industries.

By Charissa L

Apr 23, 2018

I thought this course was extremely helpful, and all of the instructions and deadlines really kept me on track for finishing within the 6 week timeframe. Paul was a great teacher, and I really enjoyed learning all of the content!

By Claudia S

Nov 09, 2018

Excellent course. Excellent instructor.

Workload somewhat heavy for a full-time employed professional.

By VALERY J W

May 30, 2019

Very usefull. Give all the requested tools to launch a project

By Pratima R

Aug 20, 2018

Course work is well structured and paced

By Ryan K

Apr 26, 2018

The course is incredibly redundant and could probably be condensed even further. That being said, the redundancy is effective in that you walk away from the course very comfortable with the process for launching projects.

By Lauren R

Oct 19, 2017

Practical information, but I wish we would have the ability to create our own material for the assignments rather than using the school templates. The pace was also a bit slow for my liking. I would recommend to combine with Project Planning course, but then create a separate course for Agile PM.