Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

BS
Jul 5, 2020

Excelent course! It gives you the principles of project management for the early phases, initianing and planning, it has very good dynamic and share examples, it's a good option if you're newbie in PM

SY
Aug 30, 2020

The course is a very great asset to any aspiring project manager. You get to understand the fundamentals and essentials in any given project and the means to ameliorate conflicts amongst stakeholders.

3026 - 3050 of 3,826 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

Feb 9, 2016

A

By Teruko O

Nov 27, 2020

I think it was a good introduction course for project planning in order to understand how project is successfully made with detailed processes. Since any work place despite type of occupation needs to plan at least few time projects. It was helpful. I just wished there could be more video lessons so for me as a working lady, I could listen more during lunch break or transportation time. But thank you very much.

By Tonya S

May 15, 2017

Since I have no other point of reference I gave this course 4 stars, but I really enjoyed it. I like the layout of each course and the content. The way it was presented made it easy to follow and understand and prepared you for the quiz and final at the end.

I'm excited to complete the other courses in the Project Management program, in hopes of advancing my career.

By Nancy R

Mar 8, 2020

While my job at a large software company is not a project management role per se, I could identify many of the concepts discussed in this lesson occurring right before my eyes each and every day. This course could be helpful to anyone who is starting their ascent into a supervisory/managerial role or those asked to take charge of any project, large or small.

By Thierry U

Nov 11, 2015

I just finished week 2 (of 6) and I feel like I am learning. I am taking this course because I am an entrepreneur and would like to acquire tools and techniques and explore processes that can help me manage my company's projects. Though we are a year in, this is a great guide for starting to rein in runaway work and control the processes of the organization.