Back to Pro Tools Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Pro Tools Basics by Berklee College of Music

Producing music is an incredibly creative process, and knowing the tools of the trade is essential in order to transmit the musical ideas in your head into the DAW in a creative and uninhibited way. Whether you have used a computer to create music before, or you have been curious about production for years, this 4-week course will give you an introductory look into the world of Avid Pro Tools and Pro Tools First....

AF

Sep 12, 2016

Amazing course. I loved each lesson, the examples, the methodology, the teacher is Amazing!!! (Feel like we're friends now!) Very easy to follow exercises and achievable assignments.

DR

Mar 01, 2017

I absolutely enjoyed this course! I gained the confidence I was looking for through the positive instructor\n\nChrissy Tignor Fisher she really made it fun.

1 - 25 of 121 Reviews for Pro Tools Basics

By Odysseas T

Mar 31, 2019

The course may be called Pro Tools Basics but this requires also basic audio knowledge. It shouldn't be explaining about microphones and how to connect an XLR cable.

Also it was more a course on how to compose electronic music on Pro Tools rather than using Pro Tools for recording and editing. I mean not so many people use Pro Tools for composing. Pro Tools is a global standard for recording, editing, mixing and mastering. I was waiting to learn more things on these topics and not on EDM...

P.S.

I like EDM but this shouldn't be the main focus of the course!

By Felipe P F

Jun 13, 2016

The reason why I gave one star is because I don't think its content is completely related to its title. This course is very similar to music production but using only pro tools.

If you are looking to learn more about music production using pro tools, then this is an awesome course but if you already have some background in music production and you just want to learn pro tools basics, then I don't think this is an appropriate course (in my opinion).

By Timothy A

Jan 29, 2019

I learned so much from this class. I have done lots of recording, but needed to start working with protools.. This class has given me the capability to get up and running and hit every major area of protools. There are some nuances that I have to figure out still, but they can be addressed. Having taken this one this class I can actually use protools for real recording sessions. Instructor was great

By Paul L

Jan 03, 2019

Excelente Curso, saludos desde Global Dance Radio #Colombia ;)

By Frederick W C v N

Jan 07, 2019

Even though I have worked with other DAWs before I have learned so much.

By Roberto D S

Mar 30, 2019

muito bom

By Rubén R

Mar 29, 2019

very good

By Stacey G

Apr 02, 2019

Terrific course by a great instructor. It really set out the basics of a sample workflow, and even though I have used PT for about three months now, it gave me tips and tricks that I was not familiar with. Very enthusiastic teacher and I would take additional courses from her if offered!

By José A F R

Dec 12, 2018

Excellent

By Misa K

Dec 28, 2018

Wow, this was such an awesome course! I look forward to taking more courses taught by Chrissy. Her instruction is impeccable, so clear, informative, and easy to understand. I'm not new to Pro Tools, but there are many gaps in my knowledge. This class not only reinforced my understanding of the fundamentals, but it filled in several of those gaps and made mixing, mastering, and using certain effects much more approachable. Thank you so much!!! A++

By Bashar A N

Jul 29, 2018

This was the most fun out of the 3 other courses. Chrissy has a unique way of teaching, the way she talks, moves and interacts makes you feel you're in a real class. Tough most of the information were simple but definitely needed. I seriously benefited out of it. Thank you Chrissy.

By Dan C

Jul 17, 2018

This is a great, well paced course that will really help familiarize yourself with this DAW.

By Lil k

Feb 16, 2016

osm course

By Henrique A

Jul 31, 2016

Ameeeeeiiiiiii!!!! Incrível e único!!!

By Yevgeniy L

Feb 22, 2017

It's awesome. I thought that I'm quite expirienced Pro Tools user, but I've discovered its very useful functions from this course. Also you'll get here basic knowledge of mixing and mastering in easiest way to understand and you can use that knowledge in any DAW you want, not only Pro Tools.

By Leland E

Jun 20, 2017

I can't believe how talented the Instructor is. She gets 100 stars.

By Roshan K

Nov 30, 2017

Good tutorial. Thanks!

By Deena S

Jun 15, 2016

Full of great information!

By Cristiano R

Mar 22, 2016

Very good course explained in a clear and nice way!

By Harry K

Jun 09, 2016

Top quality. I have read many instructions manuals on Pro Tools, and too many poor YouTube videos. I have learned more in this course than in all of my other investigations and studies put together. Clear, concise, and understandable. It gets to the essence of understanding and being able to use Pro Tools. Avid should hire Chrissy Tignor-Fisher. Excellent instructor! Please consider an advanced course in the future!

By chandra /

Mar 17, 2016

Super!!

By Elizabeth " L

Apr 19, 2017

This is an excellent course! It takes you through all the steps you will need to start producing music with Pro Tools. The instructor (ChrissyTignor-Fisher) gives some awesome tips that will help you make your productions even better.

By Pavel N

Feb 28, 2016

Best!

By Jairo B

May 29, 2017

really good course!! thanks!!

By Jesús M

Mar 11, 2016

I have big expectations with this course !!