Back to Using Python to Access Web Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Access Web Data by University of Michigan

This course will show how one can treat the Internet as a source of data. We will scrape, parse, and read web data as well as access data using web APIs. We will work with HTML, XML, and JSON data formats in Python. This course will cover Chapters 11-13 of the textbook “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-10 of the textbook and the first two courses in this specialization. These topics include variables and expressions, conditional execution (loops, branching, and try/except), functions, Python data structures (strings, lists, dictionaries, and tuples), and manipulating files. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality content
(256 Reviews)
Practical assignments
(217 Reviews)

SM
Jun 18, 2020

This course was really interesting and did a good job introducing complicated topics in usefully simplified form. It was a pleasure to listen to the instructor and I got everything I wanted out of it.

AB
Jun 6, 2019

Getting a bit more challenging than the earlier courses in the specialization. The exercises require more struggle, but all the information is there. Another step along the way. Thank you, Dr. Chuck!

7376 - 7400 of 7,404 Reviews for Using Python to Access Web Data

By Ciro D L

Apr 13, 2021

Non è all'altezza dei precedenti.

By amrit p

Nov 13, 2016

i didn't undrestant it completely

By noel b

Aug 25, 2020

Not as good as the other two

By prasad r

Apr 27, 2020

not so much into the subject

By Alicja O

By Deepak G

May 15, 2020

By LIM C C

Dec 27, 2020

This part (Using Python to Access Web Data) is not easy at all compared to the previous courses in terms of the topics and contents touch on for beginner level, particularly the assignments. There are several portions in this course need to be improved, 1. Lack of full guidance for the coding and workings (the assignments cannot be done solely based on the lectures, external study and research is a must - It defeats the purpose taking up this course, why not choose other vendors with better structured design and contents?) 2. Leading to confusion for the learner in assignment questions (No clear explanation for the expected outcome and poor design of assignment structure - e.g. Question, Expectation, Samples, Steps by steps guidance) 3. Gap of understanding (The details of coding and structures are not well explained from a beginner's perspective and there are some missing part in between the lectures and hands-on! It appears to be in a rush to complete everything in video lecture for the main topics instead of further explaining in details on the theories and hands-on and what come out in the assignment were not taught in the lectures). I couldn't do much but had to conduct research by myself from external sources/tips/guidance to complete this part. Is it really a good choice for beginners to pick up a new skillset in the world of advanced technology? It reminds me that the course name - PY4E (Python for Everyone). SERIOUSLY, I doubt it!

By Edwin R J

Dec 14, 2016

I am running Firefox v50 on Ubuntu Linux v16.04. I was unable to watch any of the lecture videos due to the page reloading every 2 - 10 seconds. I tried moving to a different video with the same results. I don't know if this is UC Davis-specific or whether Coursera has changed significantly since the last time I took a class, but this course is totally unusable.

I would have left this review with Coursera rather than as a course review, but Coursera doesn't make contact information easy to locate.

By Nargiz

Jan 2, 2021

I liked first 2 courses but this one was horrible.I had to watch tons of YouTube videos and ask help from reddit subs in order to at least get RUDIMENTARY grasp...All lectures were rushed and tasks were confusing.I understand the course cannot magically teach everything 100% but at least it has to be more precise and detailed. Moreover ,teaching staff is RUDE as hell.I love and respect dr. Chuck.I hope upcoming classes won't be this vague.

By Ahmet B B

Aug 17, 2020

After taking two great courses from Dr.Chuck, this course was a disestar. It consumed all of my energy and motivation. I am not sure wheter I continue with this specialization from Dr.Chuck. In the process of this course he always pretend like I am a web programmer but in fact, I was not and I could not catch a great portion of this course. So sad... What a pitty

By Jorge O

May 30, 2021

En este tercer curso, pasó de ser entendible y retador algunas pruebas, para volverse frustrante, tener que estar buscando horas y horas en otras páginas, tutoriales y foros acerca las evaluaciones, ya que para alguien que recién lo lleva, se le hace imposible poder completarlas por uno mismo.

By Muhammad M

Jan 19, 2021

There were no details about how to solve a problem. The instructor covered only the intro. Really very disappointed with the 3rd course, the first two were good. The aim of this course to give skills to the students instead of intro about the topic and book.

By Shaun S

Jun 8, 2020

Nowhere as good as the first two courses in this specialization. Do not have high expectations as you will spend more time on Google and YouTube understanding things taught in this course as compared to the time you spend watching lecture videos!

By André S

May 17, 2021

The content is treated in a trivial way (what's is awful). The impression I had is that the instructor simply considered that I already knew the subject and had domain about it, so his explanations were very poor during the entire course.

By Richard E

Apr 23, 2020

The class was great.

I'm rating this course, because it looks I'm being prevented to go the next course, ***that I already started*** and can't get back to ! assume that nothing I say means a thing. but I am ticked off!

By Scott

Sep 8, 2016

I only received 96% as a final result, even though I obtained 100% for every assignment. Pathetic rating system. If I had paid for this course I would be incensed.

By Mohammad H

Dec 9, 2020

Disappointing. Instead of focusing on Python he's teaching xml and http. He only introduced APIs in the end. Didn't learn what I came here for.

By Айрапетян Ж С

Jan 28, 2021

There is a huge gap between some weeks. And seems recordings are made at different time and it breaks the logic of videos.

By J.M.

Feb 14, 2016

I'm getting coursera verification prompts too often. This doesn't happen in any of the other courses I've taken/I'm taking

By Asier

Mar 16, 2017

Very poor that in order to submit any exam I have to purchase the course when I can download the book and learn as well.

Oct 15, 2017

It is very confusing how the course is graded. I am spending more time to think about the UI rather than course

By Ren Y

Apr 2, 2020

The instructor is good but when you need help GOOD LUCK. The help people are terrible so I am stuck for 3 days

By Harry L

Feb 10, 2021

Course content is quite fast talking with not comprehensive knowledge related; not very worth of your time

By GOVIND K J