Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

MI

Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

AD

Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

301 - 325 of 1,138 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By Elayaraja P

Feb 29, 2020

This was the good course for beginner and as well intermediate developer to work on OS.

By Ash

Jun 11, 2022

This is very nice and useful learning course with OS. Mainly Linux and Bash.

Thnak you

By John D

Jan 7, 2022

Except for the part where the final lab was down for like a week, this was pretty fun.

By Abhinav P

Sep 23, 2020

I have learn a lot about the bash and regex. It was quite challenging but it was good.

By Anwar K

Jul 1, 2021

l​ast Qwiklabs Assessment is kinda buggy, you should provide data. i couldnt find it

By Ramesh V

May 5, 2021

The final project covers all the modules that was discussed and it was tough as well.

By Celian L

Mar 6, 2021

Super interesting course. Can be applied at work or even at home for some basic tasks

By Paul C

Oct 3, 2020

despite the very bad puns, I found this course very useful, and enjoyably challenging

By Christopher O S

Sep 8, 2020

Impressive course, the instructor really knows how to teach complex topics to rookies

By La W N

Aug 13, 2020

I like the instructor, he's funny, smart and patience. The course is worth to enroll.

By Partho K

Awesome teaching style. I really appreciate how he presented every topic so smoothly!

By Greg

May 15, 2020

Tough course, but I feel better equipped to tackle real-world problems in the future.

By Dindo P D

Jan 2, 2021

The final project was superb. As well as the guide in tackling on the given project.

By Moussaddak M

Sep 30, 2020

Excellent Course

I've learned a lot of cool stuff in the IT world

happy that I take it

i

s

c

u

rse even though i had experience with python

By Oliver R

Loved the mix of repetition and new content. Bash refresher was long overdue for me!

By Kuldeep M

May 8, 2020

This makes me feel great to know the interaction with operating system using python.

By Andrae C

Jan 31, 2020

This course was great and I learn a lot that I can apply directly to my current job.

By Daffa A P R

Mar 8, 2022

The course was fun yet challenging. I've got some struggles to understand the topic

By Temidayo A

Mar 25, 2020

Loved it! This course kept me on my toes and made me think a lot. It was good fun.

By Juan C N V

May 16, 2022

Complex. I think I´ll continue to study more on the subject of regular expressions

By Fadil M

Nov 6, 2021

It was not an easy course, but I learnt a lot of valuable knowledge in this course

By Kshitij A

Apr 12, 2021

This was by far one of the best courses I had. After Version Control, of course ;)

By Kevin J

Mar 9, 2021

Really great at applying python basics to manipulating files. More of this please!

By Guanyu B

Jan 4, 2021

Valuable course.

It is great knowing how to deal with the OS Terminal.

BASH on it.