Back to Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) by University of Michigan

This course aims to teach everyone the basics of programming computers using Python. We cover the basics of how one constructs a program from a series of simple instructions in Python. The course has no pre-requisites and avoids all but the simplest mathematics. Anyone with moderate computer experience should be able to master the materials in this course. This course will cover Chapters 1-5 of the textbook “Python for Everybody”. Once a student completes this course, they will be ready to take more advanced programming courses. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality instructor
(1484 Reviews)
Introductory course
(4203 Reviews)

NU

Very good introduction to basic programming. Very easy for beginners in python who have already some programming background - but still extremely useful to quickly and efficiently learn python basics.

KK
Jun 26, 2020

Great introduction to Python and programming as a whole. Everything is broken down making it easy to understand. Had zero programming experience before and this class made it easy and fun to get into.

76 - 100 of 10,000 Reviews for Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)

By Lorilyn M

Mar 8, 2019

I love the teaching style of Dr. Severance!! I've tried so many other tutorials online but his class is by far my favorite. He helps cement connections by use of metaphors and visual aids and as a student who has traditionally favored subjects such as language arts, it has been invaluable to my learning experience!!

By Manuel A

Nov 9, 2020

I never expected to start learning "on my own" something a little bit "technical" like this. But everything in this course is really well thought and done. It's great, motivating and I could see myself getting hooked into learning more Python or more curious about programming by this positive experience.

By Nikhitha N B

Oct 17, 2019

I have gone through plenty of materials for python and also did few data science courses.But I regret taking this course at the first place.Dr Severance’s lectures are very neat and easy to understand.I never understood basics so well before :)

I am very grateful to be a part of this specialisation

By Alto P

Jun 29, 2020

I struggled, had to watch most of the videos 2 or even 4 times, but I have completed it.

The instructor is highly professional, a true teacher. I started with the Python course by Google and it was poorly explained. The instructor here knows exactly what beginners' learning process is like.

By Arjun B

Apr 3, 2020

The best online course I have taken so far. Charles Sir used a very simple way to convey his knowledge with his best efforts. You will learn every python basics. The topic I liked most is except and try and Functions. I am grateful to Coursera for providing such a great platform for us.

By Yvonne V

Mar 6, 2019

I am an absolute beginner to programming. I find this course a clearly instructed one for beginners. The course design is pragmatically useful because you need to practice by yourself, going through videos and books, in order to pass all the assignments. It is worth it in the end!

By Karunesh p

Jul 12, 2020

This is the course from which i came to know as a first time , how does the python looks like?

I got amazed every time when i was writing my code due to its simplicity and readability.

NO doubt Chuck sir plays a very crucial role.

I am very eager and excited to go for part two.

By Sergio P

Mar 24, 2020

I had not programmed in years. I took this course and in less than a week, I was reliving my youth in my programming years. I guess it's kind of like riding a bike. You never forget. But having a good class like this one as a refresher sure makes it easier.

By Miranda E

Mar 8, 2019

I really liked Dr Severance. He kept my interest and didn't drone on about things....had a great personality and didn't assume you knew everything he has learned throughout his entire career. He has made me want to take the entire specialization. Great Job!

By Андрей П

Feb 3, 2020

Hi, sorry for my English. I'm learner from Russia and i'm already know python basics so i want to learn english programming stuff. It's very interesting and simple to understand for beginners, but for me i want more complex task. Thanks for course.

By Maruf I

Apr 2, 2020

It was an amazing experience with Dr. Chuck. Thanks, Sir, for your amazing teaching and help me to learn a new language. Anybody who's looking for a perfect start in the kingdom of Python can take this course without thinking twice. Happy Coding!!

By Diana M

Sep 2, 2020

Regardless of its simplicity, caused by nothing else but the fact that this is a course meant to build a fundamental knowledge of the language, the course never gets boring. This is by virtue of Dr Chuck's immense talent and skill for teaching.

By Samantha R

Mar 7, 2019

Excellent course! The videos are great and the exercises push you. Very good course to get into the basics. The material is made available which is great to use as a reference for afterward. By far the best online course for beginners.

By Ying

Apr 9, 2020

Great project! Great Lesson! Thank you Prof. Charles, your lesson helps many many people! Your lecture is fun and practical! And thank all the team working for this project! Thank coursera! This is a great platform! I love you all!

By Nishani K

Jul 15, 2020

It was so easy to engage in the assignments after the awesome video tutorials.The discussion forum is wonderful so that doubts can be cleared by your peers.It builds a social connection amidst this corona pandemic situation.

By Demetrius l

Mar 7, 2019

Course explains everything in a well defined manner and it's so easy to understand but challenging enough to have you think on your own. Very impressive. Hope there are more courses like this for more advanced subjects.

By Aditya K

Nov 13, 2019

It is a well-paced course that is enticing for those who are just delving into programming as a subject and to the veterans out there looking for a quick introduction to Python and its coherent simplicity and power.

By krishna p p

Jun 29, 2020

Amma baboi...

Dr.chuck you are really awesome

The way u teach and crack jokes in between are simply awesome.

and coming to the course I improved my skills in python from Zero knowledge to complete grip on python.

By Tofayel K

Nov 22, 2020

This course is very useful and the way Dr. Charles Severance teaches is outstanding. It's gonna be a perfect course for those who are looking for a programming course specially designed for beginners.

By nzete c

Sep 25, 2020

Extremely basic but Dr. Chuck is so interesting that you never get bored. You can pass the course in a few days with minimum or even no programming knowledge. It's a good starting point for beginners.

By ADARSH V B

Aug 23, 2020

By Alexander L

Oct 22, 2018

Very good course that does a great job introducing programming concepts to a person that has no prior knowledge in this field from the ground up. Enforces good programming habits and fundamentals.

By Romanov

Apr 7, 2020

This is a very good way for everybody to start python. Dr. Chuck took his time to prepare material that any beginner can learn and understand. I am happy I just got a good foundation for Python

By DIPTI A D

May 15, 2020

The course is perfect for beginners. The instructor is quite friendly and the lecture materials are helpful too. This course doesn't require any prior skill so anybody can learn from scratch.

By David F

Feb 28, 2019

Fantastic course, I really enjoyed learning the fundamentals of Python. The professor has a great delivery and the lectures are really enjoyable. The exercises were a fun challenge, too.