Back to Quantitative Methods

LG
Jan 4, 2018

GM
Nov 15, 2020

Excellent course! Well narrated, even entertaining, VERY well structured, with supporting material, and a great mix of theory and examples or discussions. Perhaps the best MOOC I've ever encountered.

101 - 125 of 603 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Muchiri K

Nov 19, 2017

This is course was put together very well. It is delivered in a manner that is easy to understand despite the technical nature of many of the concepts. I am glad i took this course and highly recommend it to anyone seeking to improve their knowledge of Quantitative Methods

By Kumar A

Jul 27, 2017

It was a great course for a someone who is a beginner. I really liked the approach of analyzing other researches. They were not too difficult, providing the correct balance for students to get to know the topic better and also not be over burdened by the course structure.

By Carol C

Mar 27, 2017

The concepts were clearly and cleverly explained. The assignments were relevant and helped to extend my knowledge of course videos. I appreciate the methods used to teach the course and provide evaluation and feedback. There was a lot of work but I learned a lot too!

By Yaroslav B

Sep 3, 2020

It's was very interesting to be a part of this journey through quantitative methods in social science. I have gained complete knowledge about quantitative research which will help me more accurately investigate interesting parts of social life. Thank you so much.

By Somya T

Dec 14, 2016

It is a brilliant course explaining each aspect of quantitative research methods. The course covers all the major topics used in Psychological Research. It has helped me to understand and apply variety of concepts like research design, measurement and sampling.

By Ezra K M

Feb 20, 2018

Love the lectures and how they are being carried out. Easily digestible and understandable by prospective students. Assignments tend to be quite lengthy but its necessary to fortify understanding towards the subject matter. Thank you for organizing the course!

By Valentine K A

Sep 24, 2016

I have really learned and advanced my knowledge in quantitative methods. A big thanks to the course instructors and anyone who contributed to the success of this course. the perspicuous and lucid explanations in the videos lectures were so self explanatory.

By Miguel C

Apr 25, 2020

Excellent flow of the coursework. It starts philosophical and at times confusing, but you end up with a critical eye for scientific literature. Overall, I highly recommend it for anyone seeking an introductory, but complete, course on quantitative methods.

By Matheus M B

Mar 8, 2016

This course provided a great experiece of online study. The high quality content of the videos and adequate rithym of assignments and quizzes are features that make it an admirable course. I strongly reccomend doing this course if you are still in doubt.

By Shihab A

Jan 22, 2019

This course is a good one. The content covers from epistemology to research ethics and many more. It enriched me and now I am more confident in quantitative research design than before. Thanks to Dr. Scholten and all who worked in developing the course.

By Autumn O

Dec 13, 2017

A really great course! I loved the pictures used as examples, and the bonus interviews really helped me gain a deeper understanding of the material. I also really like it how this University doesn't assume you know everything, and starts from the start.

By Marius P

Dec 29, 2015

I was extremely impressed by this course, its pedagogy, its depth and breadth, the clarity of the lectures, the quality of the material. Well done to all involved. I have signed up for the entire specialization and hope that the rest matches up to this.

By Eloisa V M

Feb 2, 2018

This course is exactly what I hoped it to be!

Synthetic but always clear, challenging and high-level.

I feel that I gained a good introductive knowledge of quantitative methods and I can't wait to follow the next courses.

I totally suggest it!

By Renu J

Mar 3, 2019

Very well structured course with relevant assignments that helps one apply what one just learned. Thank you for a comprehensive introduction to quantitative research methods. The cat example was awesome as were all the illustrations on the slides!

By Christelle C

Apr 6, 2017

The videos were very clear, concepts were explained in a funny and easy-to-understand way, and Annemarie speaks very clearly. The exams were well-written and easy enough to complete if the course was followed. I learned a lot through this course

By Laura R

Jun 4, 2020

A very well-organised and well-taught course. It was a lot more rigorous and difficult than I expected, and it took me more like 6-8 hours per week for each module with all the lecture videos, assignments and tests, but it was very worthwhile.

By Crystal G

May 24, 2019

Loved Annemarie Zand Scholten style of teaching. She is a great communicator and educator, making the materials accessible. The video quality and visual materials were excellent and greatly aided to understanding the material. thank you UA!!!

By Aivars Š

Nov 20, 2016

Very good starting course for Research Basics. Especially good for Quanitative research, but most of terminology can be applied to any research as main focus is on Hypo-decuctive research approach, which is basis for all research anyway.

By Meaghan O D

Sep 22, 2019

This was a really delightful course. I learned a lot about research design and design flaws in the social sciences. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to expand their knowledge of study design and ethical experimentation.

By Samantha T

Dec 22, 2019

The course was well-constructed, timeline reasonable, and material informative yet digestible.

If you are interested in a comprehensive intro-level course on quantitative research methods, you will not go wrong taking this course.

By Garima S B

Aug 22, 2019

I feel that the course was really great but the assignments really test you, especially if you're not from Psychology background. But the material provided helps tremendously! Also the bonus videos of interviews were really great.

By Shefali M

Jul 21, 2020

This course has given me a new outlook on research. The information provided through videos and materials were rich and simple to digest. I strongly recommend this course to people who are want to see the world with an open mind.

Jul 19, 2016

This course is very insightful, and a great introduction into Quantitative Methods and questionable research practices! The instructor is very insightful, and communicates the information in a highly digestible manner! Thank you!

By Natalia C

Sep 12, 2015

I think this course is awesome. I recommend everybody to take it. Professor is excellent. Material is extremely useful. It doesn't matter your background you will find it very interesting. It will help you be a good researcher.

By Daniel B

Jan 6, 2019

The course was fun and the information was well presented and quantitatively ( :) ) absolutely manageable, even for people with full time jobs and other responsibilities. I'm looking forward to course number 2 of the module.