Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

201 - 225 of 369 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By ampah k v

Sep 24, 2016

I have really learned and advanced my knowledge in quantitative methods. A big thanks to the course instructors and anyone who contributed to the success of this course. the perspicuous and lucid explanations in the videos lectures were so self explanatory.

By Mario S D F

Oct 03, 2016

I keep coming back whenever a concept in my actual Medical Education Master classes seems vague. Thank you Prof. Scholten

By farrukh j

Feb 10, 2016

great course. instructor used simple language, applied concepts and good examples. lecture slides are well prepared.

By Diego A M R

May 28, 2016

It was a really good course, very easy to understand and was good in keeping the interest up. I would only recommend they offered some, at least optional, exercises to help grasp the content.

By Juan P A C

Mar 03, 2016

Absolutely necessary for anyone interested in Science!

By Andrae A

Oct 27, 2017

This was a great introduction to Quantitative research methods. It is not an easy course by any means, but if you take notes as you watch the videos and do the practice tests, you will do fine. After taking this course, I decided to take the rest of the courses to complete the Research Specialization. If you want to learn about research and statistics, this course is a great starting point.

By Tomas B

Sep 28, 2017

Clear, useful and comprehensive. Highly recommended.

By Ozgur O C

Feb 18, 2016

Brilliant!

By Daniel G M

Apr 17, 2017

Great course! I recommend!!!

By Natalia C

Sep 13, 2015

I think this course is awesome. I recommend everybody to take it. Professor is excellent. Material is extremely useful. It doesn't matter your background you will find it very interesting. It will help you be a good researcher.

By Bilous V

Nov 20, 2015

Very simply understandable course.

By DINH M

Oct 03, 2016

I must admit that the assignments were more demanding than expected but overall this course is fabulous. The videos are extremely well done and Anne-Marie makes complicated points understandable for everyone, with lively and fun examples. Expect to spend some time on the written assignments (several research articles to study) if you want to completely take advantage of the course.

By Marcos T

Sep 13, 2017

Excelente curso. El contenido es muy bueno.

By Ahmed R

Aug 04, 2017

My deepest Gratitudes to Assistant Professor

Annemarie Zand Scholten.

for her amazing work ( well-prepared lectures with lot's of assignments to solve in addition extra reading links and bonus videos are very helpful and very beneficial.

To sum up, the course is a great experience if anyone is interested in obtaining and gaining useful information and knowledge about Social Sciences further, Quantitative Methods.

Finally, I am so excited to finish the entire track one course done 4 to go.

By Stephanie d R

Feb 21, 2016

The course convenor is lively, personable and enthusiastic, which helps keep the learner engaged and interested.

All the concepts discussed are exemplified explicitly via simple case studies, so that learners can make sense of new, abstract knowledge.

The learning material is broken down into logically sequenced, bite-sized chunks, and there are plenty of concept visualisations - the illustrations are great!

Thank you, Annemarie and Team, this is a fantastic course.

By Maryluz H

Oct 15, 2017

Great course!

By Santiago P

May 26, 2016

Excelent introduction, covers a wide range of subjects

By Daniel K

Mar 18, 2016

Excellent material. The weeks on measurement and sampling went a bit too fast but otherwise the course is fantastic.

By Geronimo J

Oct 30, 2015

Great course, very useful and easy to follow!

By Jonathan J d S P

Sep 20, 2015

Extremely helpful.

By Hyun J K

Nov 15, 2017

It was a quite fun and interesting course, thank you! :D

By Julieta R G

Sep 10, 2017

Excellent course! Loved it! Very clear and organised. I learned a lot.

By Erik E M R

Feb 26, 2016

Simply Amazing! Tough, but really good!

By Humberto C C

Oct 05, 2015

Wonderful course, make you think in the proper way to do everything!!!!!

By Laure-Anne V

Dec 26, 2015

I had taken 99% of the course last time, but didn't have time to do the assignments or complete it fully. I was pleased to see it was running again.

I've followed many many many Courseras and this is by far the highest quality. Well done!

What you did right?

Illustrations. They perfectly capture the concept without distracting. They are amusing and just-the-right-degree-of-imperfect, which makes the course material feel approachable.The graphic design. The slightly messy, hand-written, crumpled paper background design is perfect. Not pretentious, not overly boring. Just that little touch of individualism and authenticity we need. This is a great way to avoid alienating your students, to keep a connection.

Philosophy of science, history of science, research designs, etc. Despite having studied for a BSc, an MSc, and a scientific postgrad, I had to find out about these concepts through on-line courses and podcasts. I was really happy to see these neatly presented to me in a structured way in one spot in the context of a formal

Research methods course. When covering these sections, you also did a great job at sticking to the important stuff. I am extremely impressed. In the reality of research, we get sucked in by the nitty gritty and forget about the big picture. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful framework behind the scientific method.You actually bothered spell-checking the transcript, particularly for proper names. I've had Courseras where the transcript seemed more like a onomatopeas than serious text.

This is all I remember for now, all that's fresh off my mind, as am just up to week 2 right now, but I wanted to give you all a thumbs up for this great course you've wrapped up. I am seriously considering registering for the entire specialisation because of the quality of this course.