Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

EJ

Jul 11, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

WH

Feb 2, 2016

"R Programming" forces you to dive in deep.\n\nThese skills serve as a strong basis for the rest of the data science specialization.\n\nMaterial is in depth, but presented clearly. Highly recommended!

576 - 600 of 4,587 Reviews for R Programming

By Ankush K

May 31, 2017

GREAT for learning the BASICS of R. Nothing too advanced. Definitely need further classes to use R for anything useful that cannot be done in Excel.

By 章莹颖

Nov 3, 2016

It is helpful course that offer me basic understanding about R programming. Plus, the lecture also provides a lot useful material to read after class.

By 李简

Feb 17, 2016

This course is great, but the assignments are harder than I expected, it seems that there are not enough connections between assignments and lectures.

By Sonia

Feb 11, 2016

A great course, well explained history and theory of the language and introduction of language structures, with some practice. A great way to learn R.

By 王新峰

Nov 14, 2018

This course gives me the chance to think about how to write a function, run the loop and debug. It is my fitst time to enjoy the delight from coding.

By Guillermo P

May 7, 2017

High level of difficulty, which met my expectations.

Really challenging to complete, but simultaneously excellent for an induction into the R package.

By Dheepak S

Nov 6, 2016

GOOD Course. Little tough for beginners. Datacamp.com basics is easy and understandable than coursera. I have learnt a lot from this course. Worth it

By gaurav s

Jun 5, 2016

The combination of assignments and quiz were amazing, It did make me relook at things I though I was clear. Coding made it challenging and exciting

By Dennis B

Nov 25, 2020

very challenging assignments... but very rewarding once you completed it. the quizes and assignments will really measure the level of your progress.

By GONDALIA P D

Jul 11, 2020

This course really helped me in knowing what is R Programming. The whole ride of this course was interesting and captive. I really enjoyed learning.

By Cammillius J

Feb 25, 2020

The last assignment was very tough, not for the faint of heart. There were some useful methodologies in the discussion forums but it was not enough.

By Miguel A B

Jan 25, 2021

The lecture is easy to understand. Programming Assignments are dependable and manageable for learning. The instructor explains the topic very well.

By Thais C T

Aug 9, 2020

This course quite useful and very engaging, I did know basics, but I could not practice. Not just the assignments, but throughout the course videos

By Fernando V

Nov 8, 2016

Great introduction to R. Maybe not for beginers.

I have learned a lot. Esasy sort videos with just the necesary things to advance in r programming.

By Maksadbek

Jan 31, 2016

I strongly recommend this course for those who is starting Data Science. This course briefly introduces the R language and for what it is used for.

By Héctor S R

Jan 2, 2021

It set the bases for R usage really well. With good fundamentals one can go very far, this is a very useful course for everyone trying to learn R.

By TRIPTI M

May 14, 2020

Course is good but I found the assignments to be a little complex than the course's content. Although it's altogether a great learning experience.

By Cuiyin W

Dec 17, 2018

The instruction for the GITHUB is very unclear. I was confused with the 40 digit hash number so it would be great if you can revise that exercise.

By Bhargava B

Mar 6, 2018

The course provides a decent level of exposure to programming in R. One can start developing his/her skills on their own after taking this course.

By Madhav D

Oct 28, 2016

Great course! The assignments are quite challenging but don't worry, you get plenty of guidance from the discussion forums. All in all worthwhile.

By Mohammad A

Jun 2, 2016

This is an excellent course, however, you need to dedicate at least 3 hour a day to complete it in one week if you have experience in programming.

By Selcuk F

Feb 28, 2016

This course is one of the best courses I have taken! Projects are based on the real datasets and gives you lots of insights about what you can do!

By Hans G Q

Oct 18, 2020

A very Challenge course for me. But with it really gives you key insights about R Programmin. I have a great satisfaction after have finished it.

By N T P C

Good course for learners of R programming. Videos and difficulty of questions are very appreciable. Theory is very well explained by professors .

By Eric S

Apr 4, 2020

Blew through this course during the COVID-19 lockdown. Loved it. The interactive swirl activities are profoundly helpful. Kudos to Nick Carchedi!