Back to Robotics: Aerial Robotics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Robotics: Aerial Robotics by University of Pennsylvania

How can we create agile micro aerial vehicles that are able to operate autonomously in cluttered indoor and outdoor environments? You will gain an introduction to the mechanics of flight and the design of quadrotor flying robots and will be able to develop dynamic models, derive controllers, and synthesize planners for operating in three dimensional environments. You will be exposed to the challenges of using noisy sensors for localization and maneuvering in complex, three-dimensional environments. Finally, you will gain insights through seeing real world examples of the possible applications and challenges for the rapidly-growing drone industry. Mathematical prerequisites: Students taking this course are expected to have some familiarity with linear algebra, single variable calculus, and differential equations. Programming prerequisites: Some experience programming with MATLAB or Octave is recommended (we will use MATLAB in this course.) MATLAB will require the use of a 64-bit computer....

IT
Oct 22, 2017

The course is very good.\n\nThe classes are well taught and show general concepts. It is necessary to do research on the internet, to solve the assignments. This is not a bad thing in my point of view

ST
Jun 8, 2018

I think this is very good course of aerial robotics research. Being a student of robotics, I feel that some of stuffs in this course needs a good background in control and mechanical engineering.

76 - 100 of 630 Reviews for Robotics: Aerial Robotics

By Carlos P R L

Apr 1, 2020

Deberían traducir los videos a español, es bastante complicado estar traduciendo cada video y se pierde mucho tiempo y contenido al hacer esto debido que hay partes netamente matemáticas que sin una buena explicación son muy difíciles de entender.

By Kin Z

Feb 14, 2020

It's the best courser that I've had in Aerial Robotics, and it has programming quizzes which allow me to learn more in class. But maybe more explanations in the 3rd and 4th week classes will be better, some knowledge is difficult for beginners.

By Siddahant J

Jul 19, 2020

Magnificently designed course, I love the content. Mr. Vijay expressed each and every point very precisely and in a simple manner. Supplement materials help me a lot to understand the key ideas and completing the quizzes and assignments

By Mehdi H

Apr 6, 2018

Week 4 assignment is not easy. I learned a lot by doing it and I got 50/50. The assignment writeup does not explain many things and one has to discover them by trial and error. Other than that it is an amazing course and I learned a lot.

By Matthew P

Feb 10, 2018

Great course! The Matlab simulations were challenging and the lectures were very organized and informative. I wish there was a bit more focus on simulating the quad rotor dynamics, but I still enjoyed enjoyed every part of this course.

By Radu A P

Oct 30, 2016

Excellent course!

Describes in depth the kinematics governing a quad-rotor.

Requires good math and physics understanding. More analytical than programming (for those expecting to just write code that can be flashed on a controller).

By John S

Feb 4, 2016

Learning and fun packaged together nicely. It's definitely challenging but all the info is explained in detail with downloadable videos and through email communication. Thank you for all the hard work to make this so streamlined.

By Daniel N

Sep 15, 2018

This is a great course..A student with an engineering background will enjoy this course..This is an introductory level course,so if you are looking for advance dynamics,control,path planning this isn't the right address.

By Alejandro A V

Feb 26, 2016

Everything was so relevant and finely explained, but It clearly wasn't a beginner's course, it's mora an Intermediate Course. You must know basics about control systems and Matlab coding to succesfully pass this course.

By Shakti D S

Feb 7, 2016

I have a Maths background, but last time I studied Maths was 23 years back.

Despite that, the course structure allowed me to catch-up and make sense of the whole class as an experimenter and hacker.

Glad I started it.

By Mark L P

Mar 15, 2017

It is really an amazing course. I learned a lot! I will now be using the knowledge I gained here to do my thesis. Thank you Dr. Kumar! Thank you UPenn. Thank you coursera for giving me the chance to have this course.

By Miguel A

Apr 1, 2020

This is a excellent course about drones, control and matlab, i learned a lot of concpets and in the symple but a direct form to you can describe and implement the control ecuations in a real case. I love this course

By Prashant S

Jul 5, 2019

Amazing course, it might seem a bit difficult in the beginning but all the concepts required are explained in the course. The discussion forum was the most helpful place I found throughout the course. Loved it !!

By Rafael H O

Oct 19, 2016

Got through the first week, and started second week. The auxiliary videos are great. Right to the point. The course itself has been very true to what it offers. It makes you get your hands dirty very quickly too.

By Rishi R

Nov 6, 2019

Such a wonderful course for people to accelerate their interest on to field of robotics. It covers mostly the basics of mathematical modelling of aerial robot which is very significant for controlling them.

By Danish F S

Sep 2, 2018

I found the course to be really interesting. The only problem is that I didnt get answers to questions i posted on the discussion forum. Due to that I wasn't able to get full marks in the last assignment.

By João B

Feb 19, 2016

I enjoyed the structure and materials of this course. I found the manner of increasing the difficult of assignments to be appropriately gradual and accessible for someone with some programming background

By Fernando G R

Aug 14, 2020

Maybe more indepth in the assaingments, I found them too hard for what they tell you. More explanation on how to do things or kinda give examples on how to implement formulas would be nicer.

By ABHISHEK K J

Nov 22, 2017

Exceptional Material, not only are the concept are explained well, the supplementary material are provided for all possible requirement along side. Advance course with minimum prerequisite

By Utku K

Aug 30, 2016

Very good and thorough, some improvement in assignment instructions may be considered. One of the best courses I have taken, other courses of this specialization also seem very good.

By Yusuke U

Sep 14, 2017

Good segue from a hardware modeling to a control design. I learned a control theory in university, but had no idea about how to implement to actual device. This course describes it.

By Janzaib M

Jan 15, 2016

I am really thankful to Coursera.org and University of Pensyllvania for providing me education in robotics. Its going to be a great experience studying with really great professors.

By Jianxin L

Oct 13, 2017

It is a really good course, full of interesting topics. The teacher is very good and the TA also very good. Learned a lot and an introduction to further learning. Appreciate it.

By Nick L

Aug 8, 2016

Very well designed course. Enough material is covered and the exercises are very well designed and meaningful. It's a rewarding experience. It worths every minute you spend on it.

By David A

Feb 7, 2016

Amazing course with excellent simulation problems, I have really benefited from this course in understanding control and the underlying mathematics. Thank you so much everyone!