Back to Software Processes and Agile Practices

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Software Processes and Agile Practices by University of Alberta

This course delves into a variety of processes to structure software development. It also covers the foundations of core Agile practices, such as Extreme Programming and Scrum....

KC
Aug 11, 2017

I had read about the different agiles methodologies out there but It was until I took this course that I could "digest" them and internalize how to chose the right one for me and how to apply them.

PD

The course is highly interactive...i like the concept of giving questions based on the the information learnt in that particular video...I personally like the instructors teaching methods ....

626 - 650 of 779 Reviews for Software Processes and Agile Practices

By Kevin L

Feb 11, 2016

Good overview of agile practices.

If you're doing the specialization, they say you can take courses 2 & 3 in any order. Technically that's true, but my recommendation is to do them in order.

They refer to course 2 in course 3, and the difficulty of assignments decreases if you do them in opposite order like I did.

By Masood N

Aug 27, 2019

Overall, very informative.

Sometimes there is a bit of ambiguity when explaining abstract concepts like processes vs methodologies. Also, I find the iOS mobile apps to be less than ideal as I can't take notes while watching the videos easily. Not a sleight against the course.

By Miquel G

Jan 30, 2016

Simply listening to somebody talk about the fundamentals of Agile, with no practical work whatsoever, could be an extremely boring experience. Thumbs up to the two people delivering the contents, because they both managed to do that in a very engaging way. Thanks!

By Lavanya V

Interesting, but I felt the course was very superficial. A little deeper discussion of the practical problems in applying Agile techniques and more interactive exercises would've helped a lot. I could've got all the info from a couple of sites and blogs.

By Emilia I L

May 14, 2019

Really useful informstion and provides the history to enable better understanding. The only difficulty compared the other courses in the specialization that I have completed (thus far) is that this course fits a lot of information into the four modules.

By Drew C

Mar 3, 2021

good course with excellent information shared. I do like more opportunity for interaction with faculty and other students than was possible in this course, but that doesn't take away from the easy accessibility of very useful information in the course.

By Victor D R L

Dec 8, 2019

The course is long as it has a lot of details that are important to understand before moving on. I am pleased by the content as it is a good introduction to processes, XP, Lean and other things. This course is a good stating point to know about Agile.

By Rene B

Jun 21, 2019

The course is great, but it seems the creators have abandoned it. There are no replies to issues posted in the forum and many of the reading materials contain links to materials that are no longer available online. I hope this will be corrected soon.

By Md. M R A

Dec 4, 2021

Overall the course is great. There are a lot of things to learn and I am glad to have taken this course. I feel the contents could have few more real-life activities involving Software product management, which would improve the learning further.

By Andri A

Apr 13, 2021

The course was very informative and to the point. As an improvement, I would recommend to split the videos in smaller topics, so that the trainee understands and digest better the information provided. Other than that, thank you very much!

By Aneeksha N

Nov 24, 2020

Explanation of the Course was very good. It can be understand easily by listening through the Video and no need to read pdf again. If you i have doubt then you can go through pdf which was provided in First half of the course.

By Barbara M R

Jan 17, 2016

Good explained course with interesting information about processes and practices in agile. Not too detailed, but can give you an overall overview of what a process implies and what are the general practices used in software.

By Toby P

Nov 11, 2015

Good introduction to many core concepts. Overall video and presentation quality are quite good. The course is not particularly challenging, so if you are concerned with time requirements, I don't think you need to worry.

By jayodeji

Nov 11, 2015

Pretty broad introduction to some different processes. Gave a pretty good intro to agile methodologies. I like that there was some depth in the explanation of Kanban. Looking forward to continuing in the specialization.

By Loni W

Feb 4, 2018

There is a large amount of content in this course. All the content is excellent, little more explanation on the practices would be great. Great content from the presenters. Manual was a little light and didn't

By Àngel C D

May 28, 2017

Explains briefly many concepts. And brings a nice definition of basic concepts for software development programming/planning. Also nice introduction to Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, ...

By pratima n

Feb 3, 2019

It was overall good to learn. I found that there were less Software related example. If those had added more, then I would have even understood the concepts and the lectures more. Thanks!

By Travis P

Jan 9, 2016

Great production values and more "meat" to it than the intro course. I like the scenario based questions. It still seems a little light on content, but the content that is present is good.

By Hugo E T C

Nov 7, 2015

Good course! Excellent to reinforce my knowledge on scrum, xp and agile. In the end however I think that the content was somehow repetitive, but this not change the quality of the course.

By Jozef K

Dec 6, 2015

I found this course interesting, yet I would propose to rename it to "Introduction to Software Processes and Agile Practices". Topics are covered well, but they don't dive deep.

By Gans S

Mar 2, 2016

very well conducted. Nice overview of the theory and practices. Would have been good to have some examples and case studies (more like the Microsoft daily build.)

By Alnoor L

Sep 20, 2020

I think Morgan Ma'am should explain clearly. Still there are somethings which ma'am has tried it's best but it's outcome was not as good which should be there.

By Patricia I G A

Mar 31, 2019

A good base with most of the process and methodologies since their initial appearance and on going the current Agile principles and methods so in vogue now.

By Yvette R

Mar 15, 2016

Examples would help distinguish the nuances between the processes for example the use of the Microsoft daily build. Great comprehensive course otherwise.

By Salman A

Apr 19, 2020

astounding learning through this course. i recommended for those students who are beginners in SPM must enroll in this course and get the knowledge.