Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

SR

Apr 27, 2017

This is a great course. I really learned a lot of things. And the instructions and teaching methods are easy to follow. I recommend it everyone who wants to improve their professional English skills.

SE

Aug 15, 2019

really I'm very enthusiastic in this course , the instructor gives me an important information which I didn't heard before , I'm very glade to this .\n\nthank to my instructor and thanks coursera <3

301 - 325 of 683 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Sofia M

Oct 10, 2016

very helpful. Thanks, Leah and team :)

By Shen L

Mar 29, 2016

simple and easy to learn...

good stuff

By Jayesh D F

Jan 04, 2020

Very Creative knowledge for begginers

By Oscar R

Aug 25, 2019

This is the course I was waiting for!

By Alberto L A

Jun 19, 2019

Very useful, clear and well designed.

By Lilia N G

May 11, 2016

I loved the interaction, very helpful

By maha y a s

Mar 19, 2017

it's too amazing course ..

I love it

By Hayder I A

Nov 18, 2016

Wonderful Course, I really liked it.

By Fabio H

Nov 08, 2016

Excellent base. Very well presented.

By Alejandro V

Jul 04, 2016

One of the best courses I have done.

By Katyene B C

Nov 11, 2019

Great course and excellent teacher!

By Nidhi A

Aug 31, 2019

This course is very helpful for me.

By AHLAM A

Aug 20, 2019

Great course, thanks & best regards

By Lena Z

May 06, 2017

Interesting, practical and helpful.

By Dariyoush S

Mar 19, 2016

perfect, thank you for this course.

By 冯科翔

Mar 17, 2016

Stress & intonation helps me a lot!

By Akshat B

Jan 07, 2020

Great Course! It was very helpful.

By Preeti m

Dec 23, 2019

It was nice to learn something new

By yc_zzh

Oct 25, 2019

This course is very good to learn.

By GERMAIN M

May 02, 2019

I have improved my spoken English!

By Carlos J L V

Mar 20, 2016

Muy bien estructurado y detallado.

By Qurrat U A A

May 22, 2019

I have no words, It is excellent.

By Marcos R M

Jul 05, 2017

Very good and easy to understand.

By Carolina P S

May 25, 2017

Very useful and I like it a lot!!

By Ahmed E

May 10, 2017

very important and amazing course